The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Victorinox and Timex models

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

New Victorinox and Timex models Empty
PostSubject: New Victorinox and Timex models   New Victorinox and Timex models Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 3:40 pm

Have you seen these cool new watches from Victorinox, and Timex yet ?
Just in case, here is a little info, along with the links where the info came
from.

The first is the Victorinox Swiss Army Original, which although new has a
vintage kind of styling. It has a stencil cut dial, 40mm nylon fiber case, an
aluminum bezel, screw in case-back, Swiss quartz, various NATO straps,
and much more. The retail price is $325. Here is that link if you would like
to see, and read more about it everyone..

http://professionalwatches.com/2011/07/victorinox_swiss_army_original.html

Second up is the Timex Andros J. Crew Diver which has a retro dive watch
look, and continues the partnership between Timex, and J. Crew. Some of
the specifications on this watch include a stainless steel case, quartz movement,
rotating bezel, as well as a NATO-style strap too. Price is $175. If you like,
you can find out more at the link here..

http://professionalwatches.com/2011/07/timex_andros_j_crew_diver.html

Mr Rick
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: New Victorinox and Timex models   New Victorinox and Timex models Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 3:50 pm

Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New Victorinox and Timex models   New Victorinox and Timex models Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Mr Rick wrote:
Thanks for the info.

You are very welcome Rick ! New Victorinox and Timex models 46145

sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: New Victorinox and Timex models   New Victorinox and Timex models Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 6:35 am

I am not sure the VSA's appeal to me at all. Not sure why, usually I like most of the VSA watches.

I saw the Timex the other day on J Crews site. I want one...but $175 is too much, not sure of the size, but I bet it's 18mm lugs so they can use their existing strap collection fothe military Timexes they have. This means it's likely small....38mm ish. I need to see one I guess.....

New Victorinox and Timex models Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: New Victorinox and Timex models   New Victorinox and Timex models Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 10:53 am

The Victorinox must be very light weight due to the materials they are using.....I do like the color combo on the second one. A bit high on their pricing IMO. I do like the looks of the Timex because of the classic diver style. Pricing here is a bit high as well.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New Victorinox and Timex models   New Victorinox and Timex models Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 5:19 pm

sixtysix wrote:
I am not sure the VSA's appeal to me at all. Not sure why, usually I like most of the VSA watches.

I saw the Timex the other day on J Crews site. I want one...but $175 is too much, not sure of the size, but I bet it's 18mm lugs so they can use their existing strap collection fothe military Timexes they have. This means it's likely small....38mm ish. I need to see one I guess.....

Northwestguy wrote:
The Victorinox must be very light weight due to the materials they are using.....I do like the color combo on the second one. A bit high on their pricing IMO. I do like the looks of the Timex because of the classic diver style. Pricing here is a bit high as well.

Gary, looks like the VSA might be going for that new bronze/gold look we have been seeing as of late on
different watches. So it is kind of different when compared to the rest of their watches. Thanks for the info
about the Timex by the way. Seems like with that size, Timex really IS sticking to the vintage theme with
this one. New Victorinox and Timex models 803574 Also, with the price, hopefully that is just the retail and will be a little less when we start seeing it.

Was thinking the same thing about the weight of the Victorinox John. At first when I saw it, I thought maybe
it was a titanium, or some kind of metal, but the nylon fiber sounds interesting. Also liking that gold color,
along with that texturing on the second one you mentioned. Really helps having that NATO strap playing off
of it also. ..Have to agree with you also about the Timex, they definitely captured that vintage look with it,
and the prices hopefully end up being less too ! Smile

sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: New Victorinox and Timex models   New Victorinox and Timex models Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:39 pm

AtomicTom wrote:

Thanks for the info
about the Timex by the way. Seems like with that size, Timex really IS sticking to the vintage theme with
this one. New Victorinox and Timex models 803574 Also, with the price, hopefully that is just the retail and will be a little less when we start seeing it.

There will never be a discount on the Timex, it is a J Crew exclusive...I waited a couple years for a discount on the military watch and had to settle for slight % off or free shipping.....I got it for $30 off I think. J crew just does not cut the MSRP.....

New Victorinox and Timex models Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New Victorinox and Timex models   New Victorinox and Timex models Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:23 pm

sixtysix wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

Thanks for the info

There will never be a discount on the Timex, it is a J Crew exclusive...I waited a couple years for a discount on the military watch and had to settle for slight % off or free shipping.....I got it for $30 off I think. J crew just does not cut the MSRP.....

Oh man Gary, that is weird that they don't discount these watches. Guess it's because of
that key word "exclusive" in there. At least you were able to get that small percentage off
on the military watch you had wanted though, and maybe the same thing will happen with
this one here as well down the road. Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Victorinox and Timex models   New Victorinox and Timex models Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Victorinox and Timex models
Page 1 of 1