The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thianwong
Senior Associate

Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version.. Empty
PostSubject: Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version..   Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version.. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 5:56 am

Gifted my auto Bond to my nephew for his 39th birthday.....and missed it!...so bid and won the full sized quartz version newer dial...2221.80......
I have no qualms over owning quartz watches (my two X-33s are quartz Smile......
Full size at 41mm, this watch should prove a pleasure to wear!

Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version.. 6013810714_96933b3458_b
quartz full sized version newer by thianwong1, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version..   Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version.. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 10:31 am

Great watch and always ready to go when you are.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version..   Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version.. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:49 pm

That is a REALLY beautiful watch Thian !!! I'm glad you won it sir ! cheers Congratulations
ahead of time with this one.

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version..   Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version.. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 4:24 am

update...watch arrived..full package kit....very pleased with it...

Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version.. 6025233800_0fbda53aac_b
wrist arm angle by thianwong1, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version..   Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version.. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 2:40 pm

Looks really OUTSTANDING Thian ! Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version.. 46145 ..Plus the fact that you actually ended up winning
it makes it even nicer. That blue dial with the wave pattern, case shape, bezel, bracelet,
hands, EVERYTHING, is off the charts sir. Even the fact that it's a quartz is cool as well,
because you know the watch is going to be very accurate. Smile Congratulations on winning
this modern day classic Thian. ..One of the many things that looks to be so nice about
this Seamaster Thian is how it actually seems to hug the wrist. It's neat because although
the watch has this extra sporty look, with a substantial size, or feel, it looks to be nice,
and thin. You can just tell from your REALLY great picture that this must be an incredibly
comfortable Omega. Guess most of this has to do with the width of the Seamaster's
case. Just looking at the crown, you can basically see that the case really isn't much
larger. THAT is AMAZING ! Another thing to enjoy about this case is how it is polished
on the sides, but then has a detailed brushing up on top of the lugs. It genuinely helps
to begin that theme of various brushed, and polished surfaces that are on the Seamaster
imho. For instance the style of the bezel's edge with those elongated brushed shapes.
That design is unmistakeable, and something that you only really connect with the
Seamaster. Not only do the brushed sections catch your eye, but so does the rest of
the bezel which becomes this cool three dimensional shape as a result. Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version.. 803574..Right
after that it is the blue of the bezel, and dial that takes over. With the bezel's top part,
the classic dive watch feel is just right, and seemlessly mixes everything sporty, as
well as elegant together. The way the numbers look, those small dot markings, along
with the larger ones, and that outstanding triangle marker look is outstanding. So is
the blue that Omega uses on this watch. It's not too light, and it's not too dark. It's
somewhere in between, something worthy of the name "Seamaster". ..The dial keeps
the theme going too with it's ocean-like look, and style also. Not only does the blue
of the dial, and bezel make the dial look bigger, but it also helps the watch flow more.
Even the added wave texturing is once again..OUTSTANDING ! What better detail for
a dive watch with a name like Seamaster than waves on the dial ?! Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version.. 46145 ..Add to
that some of the most recognizeable markers on a watch, as well as hands on a
watch, and what else could be better?! That double rectangle one at the 12 o'clock
position is fantastic, and the way it plays off the other rectangular markings, but
also works WITH the dot markers is exceptional. Those hands with their classy, yet
extremely sporty designs are unbelievable as well, and the red accent at the end
of the second hand is a very nice touch TOO. ..Same thing can be said for the way
this bracelet is done with the multiple finishes, as well as shapes, and ideas within it.
Same thing can be said for the ENTIRE watch ! It's OUTSTANDING Thian. Congrats
to you, and of course ..Enjoy !

Outstanding watch, outstanding PIC !

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version..   Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version.. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 5:29 pm

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful post analysing this updated Bond quartz. The only difference is the darker blue dial, slightly longer hands and new marker SS borders.
I was going to bid on the black dial version but spotted this blue version for $600 usd cheaper!!!! (bid won at $1200usd)
I didn't want a Planet Ocean model, however great it is. The Bond auto I had and gifted to my nephew was just too nice and so hunted for a replacement haha! As you eye detected, the Bond watches just are sooo comfy on the wrist and well balanced with its bracelet! The Bond was made in 1995 and starred in the film Golden Eye.
Not just another 'pretty watch', this Seamaster is fully a tool watch capable of diver usage. Is the Bond design now dated?? Some may think so and opt for the PO version seen in the latest Bond movie. But I do like the blue color and its almost vintage bracelet style Smile
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version..   Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version.. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:27 pm

thianwong wrote:
Once again, thank you for your thoughtful post analysing this updated Bond quartz. The only difference is the darker blue dial, slightly longer hands and new marker SS borders.
I was going to bid on the black dial version but spotted this blue version for $600 usd cheaper!!!! (bid won at $1200usd)
I didn't want a Planet Ocean model, however great it is. The Bond auto I had and gifted to my nephew was just too nice and so hunted for a replacement haha! As you eye detected, the Bond watches just are sooo comfy on the wrist and well balanced with its bracelet! The Bond was made in 1995 and starred in the film Golden Eye.
Not just another 'pretty watch', this Seamaster is fully a tool watch capable of diver usage. Is the Bond design now dated?? Some may think so and opt for the PO version seen in the latest Bond movie. But I do like the blue color and its almost vintage bracelet style Smile

You are very welcome sir ! ..This watch is really beautiful, and it's very interesting learning
more about the history of it from you. It's one of those watches that can be a centerpiece
of a collection Thian that is for sure ! By the way, I don't think this Bond design is outdated
at all. It's a modern classic ! ..Enjoy, and thanks for the info ! Smile Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version.. 46145

PostSubject: Re: Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version..   Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Omega Bond coming ...but the quartz version..
Page 1 of 1