The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OK, that's it...I'm done!

Go down 
+5
Anomaly
sixtysix
TAZMAN64
smellody
pacifichrono
9 posters
AuthorMessage
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

OK, that's it...I'm done! Empty
PostSubject: OK, that's it...I'm done!   OK, that's it...I'm done! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 11:12 pm

...done with big chunky "dive" watches. I'm done with big hunks of steel hanging off one side of my wrist just waiting to bang into the doorway, the clothes dryer, my desk, or whatever.

As far as I'm concerned, the trend toward big watches is dead, and I'm gonna ride the crest of the trend back toward reasonably-sized watches. No more 45-50mm watches for me...give me a well-crafted 38-40mm that hugs the wrist.

To kick off this trend reversal, I'm gonna sell my recently-acquired Speedmaster 125 and buy a vintage Rolex GMT-Master (40mm), like this one:

OK, that's it...I'm done! Vintage1675gmt&tt_011

OK, men, who's with me???
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: OK, that's it...I'm done!   OK, that's it...I'm done! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:07 am

Love the GMT, but also love that 125!! Both winners.
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: OK, that's it...I'm done!   OK, that's it...I'm done! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:18 am

So i guess you would not be interested in my last 50mm SAN? LOL!! Just kidding, i got rid of all my giant watches and am verry happy in the 42- 45mm range.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: OK, that's it...I'm done!   OK, that's it...I'm done! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 3:29 am

Classic sized Rollies never go out of style!

OK, that's it...I'm done! Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: OK, that's it...I'm done!   OK, that's it...I'm done! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:13 am

GORGEOUS watch dude...

Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: OK, that's it...I'm done!   OK, that's it...I'm done! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 1:38 pm

So, today I'm wearing this U.S. military issue watch from May 1965. It's only 34mm in diameter but feels and looks great on the wrist. I just got it back from my watchmaker, who re-lumed the hands from what you see here.

OK, that's it...I'm done! M13_1000

OK, that's it...I'm done! M9_1000

OK, that's it...I'm done! M14_1000
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: OK, that's it...I'm done!   OK, that's it...I'm done! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 6:20 pm

we are same age generation and I have the Rolex GMT pepsi in mind but can't bring myself to spend the $5000 or so just yet. So, I found this Zodiac homage on the Japan auctions. A 1990s version before Fossil bought out the name....
I still have many 42mm watches which is my right size for my small wrist. But I also have 34mm to 42 and up ones too.....

OK, that's it...I'm done! 6016916189_b662630bc7_b
Montage Zodiac GMT by thianwong1, on Flickr

My Omega quartz 1980s Polaris 34mm two toned...

OK, that's it...I'm done! 5193785707_fc5ff54219
omegaPolaris guitar by thianwong1, on Flickr

My CWC MoD 38mm .....

OK, that's it...I'm done! 5834971729_fe2364de05_b
on rail good by thianwong1, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: OK, that's it...I'm done!   OK, that's it...I'm done! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 6:37 pm

Nice Zodiac. I had a similar Bernhardt Instruments model but sold it for some reason. I've sold a bunch of my collection that I wasn't wearing, just so I could afford the GMT-Master.
Back to top Go down
DMB
Associate
DMB

PostSubject: Re: OK, that's it...I'm done!   OK, that's it...I'm done! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:24 pm

I'm with you man. I'll always keep the Heuer Calculator because it's just so cool and it was my Dad's. 36 to 42mm is my sweet spot. Anything bigger would have to be one hell of a watch for me to consider wearing it. Big watches are dead.
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: OK, that's it...I'm done!   OK, that's it...I'm done! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:32 am

DMB wrote:
I'm with you man. I'll always keep the Heuer Calculator because it's just so cool and it was my Dad's. 36 to 42mm is my sweet spot. Anything bigger would have to be one hell of a watch for me to consider wearing it. Big watches are dead.
Yeah, I wore my Calculator today and I still love it. It's on the big side but it's so cool I don't think I could ever sell it.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: OK, that's it...I'm done!   OK, that's it...I'm done! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 2:42 pm

It's an awesome point, along with idea of yours Tom. THIS Rolex is off the charts nice,
and the size is perfect. We might like watches of all sizes, but this new trend of yours
is something that just might catch on !cheers Honestly does seem like a lot of the classics
do tend to be of the medium to small sizes when you stop, and think about it.

Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: OK, that's it...I'm done!   OK, that's it...I'm done! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:47 pm

Im with you. Long have I been decrying the pie pan sized watches that I like the look of but could never wear. My 39-40mms are the only ones I wear with any regularity these days and I liked big watches before they were cool. Gonna have a big sale outta my collection when I find something human sized that I like and is affordable.

Nice GMT, Im thinking Explorer II these days .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK, that's it...I'm done!   OK, that's it...I'm done! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OK, that's it...I'm done!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: