The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reach For The Stars.....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Rick
Senior Associate

Reach For The Stars..... Empty
PostSubject: Reach For The Stars.....   Reach For The Stars..... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 1:01 pm

That's what I did and I caught C11 MSL MK I, number 15.

The Info:

Features
> Swiss made
> 316L Stainless steel
> 25 / 26 Jewel Swiss automatic movement
> Black date calendar
> Screw-in back plate
> Anti-reflective museum grade sapphire
> Adjustable Italian leather strap
> Hand polished case with unique engraved serial number
> Luminous hands and Indexes
> Water resistant to 10atm
Technical
> Diameter: 42mm
> Height: 10.7mm
> Weight: 108g
> Calibre: ETA 2824-2 / Sellita SW200-1
> Strap: Leather Strap - width 22mm
> Vibrations: 28800 per hour

http://www.christopherward.co.uk/

Here are a few pictures.

Reach For The Stars..... C113

Reach For The Stars..... C115

Reach For The Stars..... C111

Reach For The Stars..... C112-1

Reach For The Stars..... C114

Reach For The Stars..... C116

Reach For The Stars..... C118

A comparison of the C5, C11 and C8.

Reach For The Stars..... C117

And finally on my 7 1/4 inch wrist.

Reach For The Stars..... C119

I'll add a lume shot when it gets dark. Very Happy

Reach For The Stars..... C1110
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Reach For The Stars.....   Reach For The Stars..... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 1:04 pm

Very cool, Rick! Cool

Hmmm...I wonder how it would look with a shark mesh bracelet??? Reach For The Stars..... 203558
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Reach For The Stars.....   Reach For The Stars..... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 3:11 pm

Holy COW Rick, is that one GREAT or what ?! Smile cyclops Yowza !!! That TERRIFIC shape of
the case, the look of the dial, size, and look of the hands, numbers, and markers. Not
to mention some of those patented unique CW aspects like the red marker near the
three, grooved crown, along with TREMENDOUSLY nice case-back, ALL make this CW
stand out ! Congratulations on adding this one to your collection !!! ..Have to once
again say that Christopher Ward seems to have a knack for doing things right. Honestly,
it seems like every watch they make is one that really surprises, and surpasses your
expectations. Just look at your collection of CW's, and the comparison between the
three of them. Each, and every one can stand alone, AND stand out within a watch
collection imho. The exceptional cases, dials, movements, along with those uniquely
cool twists that help to make the watches separate themselves from the crowd
are all incredibly enjoyable to see, and probably experience in person as well Rick. Smile
Take the case on your new CW first of all. There are many aviation styled watches
that are out there, but this one makes sure to once again separate itself from the
rest in my opinion. The way the case is put together for instance is unbelievable !
There are the screws that show that this watch is real, and was pieced together
with care. Then there are the shapes that the steel takes. This is where you can
REALLY see the hard work that went into this masterpiece imho. All of the edges,
along with sharp angles mix in seemlessly with the rounded, brushed, as well as
polished sections of the case working together to make one especially beautiful
team. Even that crown isn't content to be like your usual crowns, as it actually
makes the watch look nicer with not only it's noticeable design, but also the very
cool looking grooves on the outside of it. Can imagine how easy it must be to
enjoy looking at, but also to turn with ease. Think that is something else about
CW watches that is so impressive. The fact that they give you a real watch that
functions so easily, and practically, but brings in some ingenious twists, both in
look, and build. Reach For The Stars..... 46145 You can just look at your long list of outstanding specifications,
and see that CW is doing their best to surpass your expectations. You can even
look at the dial, and see that CW pulled out all the stops with a vibrant white,
and black theme, and easy to read style that seems modern, yet classic at the
same time. Can't get enough of the GIANT aviation hands, or the look of the
markers, and numbers here ! Even that red marker near the 3 o'clock position
is something different, as well as neat to see, and the strap is really something
to see also. Hey, and the case-back, along with that airplane can't be beat either.
Just like this CW can't be beat ! Reach For The Stars..... 803574 Congrats, and keep enjoying Rick !

GREAT watch, and pictures as always !

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Reach For The Stars.....   Reach For The Stars..... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 3:22 pm

pacifichrono wrote:
Very cool, Rick! Cool

Hmmm...I wonder how it would look with a shark mesh bracelet??? Reach For The Stars..... 203558

Sounds like a good idea. I think I'll try it on a red/black NATO too.
Back to top Go down
Mr Rick
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Reach For The Stars.....   Reach For The Stars..... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 3:24 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
Holy COW Rick, is that one GREAT or what ?! Smile cyclops Yowza !!! That TERRIFIC shape of
the case, the look of the dial, size, and look of the hands, numbers, and markers. Not
to mention some of those patented unique CW aspects like the red marker near the
three, grooved crown, along with TREMENDOUSLY nice case-back, ALL make this CW
stand out ! Congratulations on adding this one to your collection !!! ..Have to once
again say that Christopher Ward seems to have a knack for doing things right. Honestly,
it seems like every watch they make is one that really surprises, and surpasses your
expectations. Just look at your collection of CW's, and the comparison between the
three of them. Each, and every one can stand alone, AND stand out within a watch
collection imho. The exceptional cases, dials, movements, along with those uniquely
cool twists that help to make the watches separate themselves from the crowd
are all incredibly enjoyable to see, and probably experience in person as well Rick. Smile
Take the case on your new CW first of all. There are many aviation styled watches
that are out there, but this one makes sure to once again separate itself from the
rest in my opinion. The way the case is put together for instance is unbelievable !
There are the screws that show that this watch is real, and was pieced together
with care. Then there are the shapes that the steel takes. This is where you can
REALLY see the hard work that went into this masterpiece imho. All of the edges,
along with sharp angles mix in seemlessly with the rounded, brushed, as well as
polished sections of the case working together to make one especially beautiful
team. Even that crown isn't content to be like your usual crowns, as it actually
makes the watch look nicer with not only it's noticeable design, but also the very
cool looking grooves on the outside of it. Can imagine how easy it must be to
enjoy looking at, but also to turn with ease. Think that is something else about
CW watches that is so impressive. The fact that they give you a real watch that
functions so easily, and practically, but brings in some ingenious twists, both in
look, and build. Reach For The Stars..... 46145 You can just look at your long list of outstanding specifications,
and see that CW is doing their best to surpass your expectations. You can even
look at the dial, and see that CW pulled out all the stops with a vibrant white,
and black theme, and easy to read style that seems modern, yet classic at the
same time. Can't get enough of the GIANT aviation hands, or the look of the
markers, and numbers here ! Even that red marker near the 3 o'clock position
is something different, as well as neat to see, and the strap is really something
to see also. Hey, and the case-back, along with that airplane can't be beat either.
Just like this CW can't be beat ! Reach For The Stars..... 803574 Congrats, and keep enjoying Rick !

GREAT watch, and pictures as always !

Thanks so much Tom. I do like my CWs. The next will be a real departure for me. Stay tuned. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Reach For The Stars.....   Reach For The Stars..... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 4:43 pm

Mr Rick wrote:
pacifichrono wrote:
Very cool, Rick! Cool

Sounds like a good idea. I think I'll try it on a red/black NATO too.
Reach For The Stars..... 933578
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Reach For The Stars.....   Reach For The Stars..... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 9:59 pm

VERY good looking watch!

Enjoy!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Reach For The Stars.....   Reach For The Stars..... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 1:14 am

Mr Rick wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

Thanks so much Tom. I do like my CWs. The next will be a real departure for me. Stay tuned. Very Happy

Don't mention it Rick. Looking forward to seeing this next one sir ! Reach For The Stars..... 803574 ..Enjoy !

PostSubject: Re: Reach For The Stars.....   Reach For The Stars..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reach For The Stars.....
Page 1 of 1