The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your weakness...

Go down 
+5
Mr Rick
pacifichrono
barnbuilder
andrema
AtomicTom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

What is your weakness... Empty
PostSubject: What is your weakness...   What is your weakness... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 2:50 pm

when it comes to watches, and how you collect them ? (This could also be a strength depending on how
you look at it.) Smile

For example I always seem to like orange watches, and often become focused in on one watch brand at
a time, like Zodiac, or Seiko for instance.

Just thought it would be interesting to think, or talk about. So how about you, what might your weakness,
(or strength) be when it comes to watches, and how you collect them ?

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: What is your weakness...   What is your weakness... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 7:41 pm

My weakness is kryptonite... Very Happy

I guess, my weakness is dual register chronographs...can't resist them!!

Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: What is your weakness...   What is your weakness... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:50 pm

mechanical movements, pilot dials and cases Cool
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: What is your weakness...   What is your weakness... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 11:36 pm

I have a lot of watch "weaknesses," but the one I'm fighting right now is my weakness for vintage (tuning fork) Accutrons. I've owned several, still own one (18k), and have my sights set on two in Germany I probably won't be able to purchase. Drat! My dad had an Accutron in the '60s and I've been fascinated with them ever since.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
Mr Rick
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: What is your weakness...   What is your weakness... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 1:19 pm

My passion of course is vintage Heuers. But I've recently grown very fond of Christopher Ward. Beyond that, it seems to be almost anything that strikes my fancy. I believe I need therapy. Laughing
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: What is your weakness...   What is your weakness... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:01 pm

Multiple watch weaknesses here...

Chronographs: XMT helped me mitigate this fixation, many 3-Hands now.
Military style faces/fonts: Still haunts me.
Yellow faces: Finally got past this one, I think.
Inner divers bezels: Just can't resist or get enough it seems.
Divers in general: Really hard to shake this one, but trying.
Ana-Digi: Still don't have the definitive one to satisfy.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What is your weakness...   What is your weakness... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 2:18 pm

Definitely think that ALL of these are weaknesses we wouldn't mind having everyone ! cheers

Really is interesting hearing about all of these, and have to just add that all of your
weaknesses are mine also come to think of it. Smile

Thanks A LOT everybody !!!

Associate
rasbrito

PostSubject: Re: What is your weakness...   What is your weakness... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Divers and big numerals.. when I see all this.. It's hard to resist!
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: What is your weakness...   What is your weakness... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:49 pm

For me it's become Italian.......or Italian heritage.....dmn expensive weakness....
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What is your weakness...   What is your weakness... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:45 pm

rasbrito wrote:
Divers and big numerals.. when I see all this.. It's hard to resist!

ericf4 wrote:
For me it's become Italian.......or Italian heritage.....dmn expensive weakness....

Those weaknesses are AWESOME Rasbrito, and Eric !!! What is your weakness... 803574 What is your weakness... 803574

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: What is your weakness...   What is your weakness... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:21 pm

I started with lots of Seikos, mostly all vintage, full to medium size. Then on to vintage Chinese watches, and lately focused on Omegas. Most are mil style for some reason. Bought 2 trit tube Trasers for bed wear haha! Then, getting bored with buying, I started to gather colored leather straps for playing around....
I keep telling myself to stop buying watches! but I always peruse the Japan auctions!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What is your weakness...   What is your weakness... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:57 pm

thianwong wrote:
I started with lots of Seikos, mostly all vintage, full to medium size. Then on to vintage Chinese watches, and lately focused on Omegas. Most are mil style for some reason. Bought 2 trit tube Trasers for bed wear haha! Then, getting bored with buying, I started to gather colored leather straps for playing around....
I keep telling myself to stop buying watches! but I always peruse the Japan auctions!

cheers Thian, what's so great about what you said there is that it shows that our weaknesses,
or different things about watches that attract us, can actually change often which is pretty
neat. It helps show just how many countless things there are to enjoy about this hobby !

PostSubject: Re: What is your weakness...   What is your weakness... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your weakness...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: