The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Darth is dead...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Darth is dead... Empty
PostSubject: Darth is dead...   Darth is dead... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:37 pm

Darth Vader swordsman dies at 89: The master of the lightsaber

Darth is dead... Darth_10

In the original "Star Wars" trilogy, Darth Vader was normally played by bodybuilder David Prowse. But when Prowse failed to master the swordsmanship required for iconic lightsaber fight scenes, master fencer Bob Anderson stepped in.

We are sorry to report that Anderson passed away a few hours after midnight on Jan 1, 2012. He was 89 years old.

Anderson, a legendary fencing trainer and choreographer, was six inches shorter than Prowse, so he had to wear considerable lifts under that Vader cloak. Still, he fought like a pro, weilding the lightsaber in scenes including the most memorable of the series, in which Vader cut off Luke's hand and revealed, "Luke, I am your father."

In fact, it was Mark Hamill himself who told the world about Anderson's considerable role in the series. "It was always supposed to be a secret, but I finally told George [Lucas] I didn't think it was fair any more," Hamill said in 1983. "Bob worked so bloody hard that he deserves some recognition. It's ridiculous to preserve the myth that it's all done by one man."

The British Academy of Fencing first announced the news, writing, "It is with extreme sadness that I must inform you that Bob Anderson passed away peacefully this morning at 4 am in hospital. He was truly one of our greatest fencing masters and a world-class film fight director and choreographer and both the fencing community and film world will miss him. My heart felt sympathies and thoughts are with his family, friends and colleagues at this very sad time.."

Darth is dead... 10534 Darth is dead... 10534 Darth is dead... 10534 Darth is dead... 10534 Darth is dead... 10534 Darth is dead... 10534 Darth is dead... 10534 Darth is dead... 10534 Darth is dead... 10534 Darth is dead... 10534 Darth is dead... 10534 Darth is dead... 10534 Darth is dead... 10534 Darth is dead... 10534 Darth is dead... 10534 Darth is dead... 10534 Darth is dead... 10534

Link to original content --- >>> http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2012/01/darth-vader-swordsman-dies-at-89-the-master-of-the-lightsaber.html

Senior Consigliere

Darth is dead... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darth is dead...   Darth is dead... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 3:06 pm

Had heard about this the other day Mark. Thank you very very much for posting about it. Darth is dead... 10534

pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

Darth is dead... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darth is dead...   Darth is dead... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 2:50 am

Phew!

I was afraid you were talking about Darth Neo. Shocked pale Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Darth is dead... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darth is dead...   Darth is dead... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 6:07 pm

pacifichrono wrote:
Phew!

I miss that guy!

There is a disturbance in the force today due to the death of Darth Vader....

Senior Associate
pacifichrono

Darth is dead... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darth is dead...   Darth is dead... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 1:34 am

Anomaly wrote:
pacifichrono wrote:
Phew!

I miss that guy!....
So do I - - don't see enough of him. pale
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
Sponsored content

Darth is dead... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darth is dead...   Darth is dead... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down