The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Rick
Senior Associate

Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives Empty
PostSubject: Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives   Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:12 pm

I've wanted a Marine Chronometer for quite some time so when Gnomon received a new shipment I thought the time was right. This is the 'smaller' version at 44mm but it still has about the maximum wrist presence I can handle. All the usual statements about a Steinhart apply; good quality, good price, good value. I especially like the highly decorated movement.

Here are the specifications and a few pictures.

Maker: Steinhart Germany - Swiss Made
Movement: Swiss Unitas 6498 mechanical movement with Geneve stripes and blued screws
Dial: White with Roman numbers and markers
Luminous: N/A
Date: N/A
Case: Satin brushed stainless steel. Polished bezel.
Crown: Push-in XL crown
Lug: 22mm
Crystal: Domed sapphire crystal with AR coating on the inside
Strap: Thick 22mm brown leather strap
Water resistance: 30m
Dimensions: 44mm in diameter, 52mm lug to lug, 14.2mm thick
Power Reserve: ~42 hours

Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives DSC06206-1-1

Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives DSC06232

Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives DSC06238

Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives DSC06236

Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives DSC06248-1

Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives DSC06248-2

Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives DSC06213-1

Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives DSC06214-1

Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives Chrono1-1
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives   Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:19 pm

Boy oh boy, this is like a piece of art no matter where you look at it from Rick ! cyclops
The case, that dial, crown, strap, and of course the movement are just STUNNING!
You really picked out a winner here that is for sure. Just the fact that you are adding
a Chronometer to your collection has to be nice enough. Then having it look the
way it does, with such a classic style, along with top notch quality behind all of it
is THE best. Congratulations !!! ..Just is outstanding the way Steinhart is able to
give you such an exceptional, and modern watch in such a classic package like this.
Honestly looks like it could pass for a vintage watch. Those beautiful blued hands
are a big part of that. Not only are they that blue, but the shape is unforgettable
as well. Wow !!! ..In addition the way that shape literally seems to play off of the
Roman Numerals is AMAZING ! Speaking of those Roman Numerals, they genuinely
capture the history, along class that IS this watch. You just can't say enough how
nice all of it is. Even the outer marker track, as well as sub-dial with it's own cool
hand, and markings is excellent. Steinhart thought of everything with this one Rick! Smile
You can look at the crown with it's classic shape, and I'm sure feel, or even the
way the polished case teams up with the white dial. You can even enjoy all of what
the decorated movement, or incredibly classy strap has to offer. In the end, there
is no doubt that this Steinhart is a real STUNNER here. Congrats, and keep enjoying !

Stunning watch, Stunning PICS !

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives   Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:37 pm

Thanks for the nice comments Tom. I just want to clarify something.

Steinhart describes it as a Marine Chronometer, but is not C.O.S.C. certified. However I expect it will perform to chronometer specifications. My other watch with this movement ( CW 2011 Forum L. E. ) does so.
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives   Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:45 pm

what a nice watch you have here! great dial and nice finish on the movement.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives   Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:54 pm

Mr Rick wrote:
Thanks for the nice comments Tom. I just want to clarify something.

Steinhart describes it as a Marine Chronometer, but is not C.O.S.C. certified. However I expect it will perform to chronometer specifications. My other watch with this movement ( CW 2011 Forum L. E. ) does so.

You're very welcome Rick. Sounds like this one will MORE than accurate enough sir! Smile

PostSubject: Re: Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives   Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steinhart Marine, Roman Chronometer Arrives
Page 1 of 1