The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich Empty
PostSubject: Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich   Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:22 pm

I purchased a few Seiko 6309 watches recently with the intention of modifying them. So…I brought them to work and did these at lunch (between bites of my delicious sammich).

Started with a couple vintage divers and some parts:

Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich DSC00314

Changed out some hands, dials and bezels…and this is the result: A "Soxa" silver sunray with acrylic bezel insert and A "Military" diver with black 24 hour dial. Here are some after photos…

Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich DSC00323
Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich DSC00328
Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich DSC00329
Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich DSC00332
Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich DSC00333
Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich DSC00335

Sorry, no photos of the tasty sammich...but it am be good!

At the end of the day, I think that they came out pretty good. Athough, I will probably end up selling these as they were more of a fun activity for me and a way to sharpen my modifying skills.

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich   Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:26 pm

Pretty good Mark? ..I think they came out FANTASTIC ! Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich 46145 Very Happy Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich 46145 Both of
them bridge the sporty, and the classy, and both of them couldn't have turned out
any better. Putting the two together during lunch like this here, makes it even MORE
incredible also imho. Shocked You are outdoing yourself every time you try a new project
Mark. Just incredible stuff ! Congrats on these two, as well as continuing to sharpen
your skills like this ! ..Always is fun seeing how all of this unfolds. The way you plan
things out, get all of the parts you want, then how you meticulously set everything
up so professionally is just great. I like how in the first picture we get a preview of
different pieces of the puzzle like a glimpse of the dials, hands, and cases. It really
gives you a sense of anticipation, as well as how fun it must be. Then with the way
the finished products turn out, you just become speechless. The "Soxa" with it's
stunning balance between the black bezel, markings, and hands, as well as the
beautiful sunray dial, and rest of the finish on the watch is PHENOMENAL ! That
dial even seems close to transforming into white at certain angles as well. It is
outstanding !!! The whole watch feels like it could have come straight from the
factory. Same goes for the "Military" Diver, with it's almost Marathon kind of
style to it. That case, that dial, those red hands, bezel, STRAP, have such a cool
feel. It can't be beat either sir ! What A duo !!! Congratulations once again. and
I hope you enjoy them both !

Phenomenal watches, skills, and of course sammiches ! Smile

smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich   Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 1:30 am

Nice work Mark! And, what fun! What kind of sanmmich did you have?
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich   Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:06 pm

both cool looking dials!
Where did you get the soxa dial? I have a 6309 but haven't decided on a dial
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich   Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:29 pm

barnbuilder wrote:
both cool looking dials!
Where did you get the soxa dial? I have a 6309 but haven't decided on a dial
The dial is from Jake, but not a 6309 dial so I had to remove the feet...no biggie though. The hands are from Harold/Yobokies.

PostSubject: Re: Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich   Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two Watches...One Man...One Hour...One Tasty Sammich
Page 1 of 1