The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Less is more vs. More is more

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Less is more vs. More is more Empty
PostSubject: Less is more vs. More is more   Less is more vs. More is more Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:49 pm

When it involves watches, what do you think? ..Is less more? Or is more more?

Do you prefer and enjoy watches with more classic case designs, as well as clean,
easy to read dials, and easy to use functions? ..Or do you like your watches to have
different looking cases, with more bold dials, and various different complications?

Also have you ever found yourself changing your mind, and opinions with this over
the years? Or do you just find yourself enjoying all kinds of watches no matter the
style, or design?

Just thought it would be interesting to see what you guys thought. Smile

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Less is more vs. More is more   Less is more vs. More is more Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:57 am

In my case more is more...I stopped buying a lot of new ones (only 2 so far this year, I think) but I am having trouble deciding what ones to sell. I like what I have collected so far....I do know some have to go. Shocked

I have leaned more toward a military style, easy to read dials and hands with either black or white faces. Seems the last 10 or so I have bought fit into this category.

Less is more vs. More is more Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Less is more vs. More is more   Less is more vs. More is more Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:09 pm

sixtysix wrote:
In my case more is more...I stopped buying a lot of new ones (only 2 so far this year, I think) but I am having trouble deciding what ones to sell. I like what I have collected so far....I do know some have to go. Shocked

I have leaned more toward a military style, easy to read dials and hands with either black or white faces. Seems the last 10 or so I have bought fit into this category.

Very very cool gary ! ..Honestly think after seeing your collection over the years. cyclops Just
keep doing what you are doing sir. cheers Smile

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Less is more vs. More is more   Less is more vs. More is more Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:08 pm

agree with sixtysix...I have stopped at around 40 watches, most being mil style or diver which are easy to read for my ageing eyes. Eclectic collection with models from various areas (dress to casio pathfinders). Hard to sell off some , so am just hanging on to them for now! My Trasers get more wrist time over the Omegas, strangely enough!
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Less is more vs. More is more   Less is more vs. More is more Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 2:43 pm

Depends on the situation. While I love lots of complications as well as simple 3-hands, legibility is key for me. So I'm always looking for balance in the execution of the details, be they few or many.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Less is more vs. More is more   Less is more vs. More is more Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Less is more vs. More is more
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: