The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thank you Alan!

Go down 
+10
Anomaly
jaw
AtomicTom
aboen
pacifichrono
loosecannon
mrneddles
watchdaddy1
oceanaut
andrema
14 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Thank you Alan! Empty
PostSubject: Thank you Alan!   Thank you Alan! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Alan ~

Thank you for starting up ZMT/XMT! I have learned a lot over the years from the members here and, along the way, made a bunch of friends. I appreciate the time and effort that it took to run XMT as well as all of the other "benefits" it brings. Trust me, I know how much work you put into it as well as the other moderators/administrators!

To the members of XMT: Thanks for your participation. Participation is what makes a forum what it is and you made XMT a great place to hang out and discuss our passion for watches!

Best regards,
Mark

Feel free to add other comments to Alan in this thread...

Last edited by andrema on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
oceanaut
Junior Associate

Thank you Alan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Alan!   Thank you Alan! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:52 pm

Good luck Alan in what ever you do.
Back to top Go down
watchdaddy1
Associate
watchdaddy1

Thank you Alan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Alan!   Thank you Alan! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:55 pm

Good luck Alan, it was nice to be here when I was, & thank you for having me
Back to top Go down
mrneddles
Associate
mrneddles

Thank you Alan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Alan!   Thank you Alan! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:21 pm

koimaster wrote:

Sorry to see XMT shutting down. As Mark and Ocean have mentioned, Watchforums.org is very similar to this site with open discussions about ALL watches. It is not affiliated with WLs except in regards to the ownership. For those who do not like WLs, I have no membership or part of Watchforums, it stands on its own and is run by some very good people who dicuss watches such as Invicta to Omega.

To Alan, good luck in whatever it is you want to do. Regardless of our differences on some issues, I have always had your back and if you need help in the future you have my phone number.

Alain

Let me clarify Alain's point that we welcome any XMT refugees, however we don't discuss Invicta at Watchforums. Not because I want to stifle discussion at the forum, but because Invicta sucks.
Back to top Go down
loosecannon
Associate

Thank you Alan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Alan!   Thank you Alan! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:22 pm

I'm sorry to see you go Alan are you still on any other watch forum?would be cool to keep in touch man..I know you are a family man and like the comics and movies..we had our fights in the begining of geeks but we did trades and became firends well forum know each other..I just wanted to say it is sad day,you did alot for alot of people to now this..I know your sick of all the BS and you should..it really don't matter if it's watches,motorcycles,movies whatever there is always someone or sometjhing..I'm glad to have known you even thuo i never meant you i kind of feel we did..Whatever happens from here I hope you and yours have a great life,cause thats whats it's all about... Loosecannon..( BILL )
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

Thank you Alan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Alan!   Thank you Alan! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:37 pm

This place has had a great run, especially in the wild early days! Alan was a crazy man but I really liked the way he tried to manage the place. Lots of respect for Alan!

Hope to see most of you guys around the forums.

Thank you Alan! Auld_Copyright_Carmen_Ezgeta
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
aboen
Junior Associate

Thank you Alan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Alan!   Thank you Alan! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:08 pm

Hey! I just joined yesterday....is it me?

JK

Good luck
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Thank you Alan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Alan!   Thank you Alan! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:20 pm

Thanks SO much Alan for giving us such a GREAT place to come and
have fun over the years ! Thank you Alan! 46145 ..Honestly has been cool beyond any
words if you ask me. Never took for granted what this place, XMT was
about. The hobby, the talking with new people, and making friends, and
just the knowledge that the forum was going to be there to enjoy at
any given moment was THE best imho.

Now that that is not going to be the case anymore, I feel incredibly sad.

Truly just want to get across that I really appreciated you, and the guys
having, and creating this place. Always felt welcome, and always had a
lot of fun talking with everybody here. Genuinely couldn't wait to sign on
every day, and see what people had to say, or just see what watch they
had on for the day.

Will always be grateful to XMT for making this hobby so much fun !!!! Thank you Alan! 803574 Thank you Alan! 803574
Really has been an AMAZING experience every step of the way. From the
watches, to the friends made. Thank you !

Sometimes you think people, and things are always going to be there to
have, and enjoy. Unfortunately it's not true. So that's why it's always been
important to me to be thankful, grateful, and appreciative to people like
yourself, and everyone here for helping to make a hobby like this, and
life in general so much better.

It's been an honor to have gotten the chance over the years be part of
XMT Alan. Will always be glad that this was my first forum, and that there
were so many great friends like yourself, to get to know, and talk to here.
..Really has been AWESOME !

Hope to talk with you at another forum, or something down the road sir.

Good luck, and have fun Alan.

Thanks VERY much for everything !!!

Take care of yourself my friend
Sincerely,
Tom

Senior Associate
jaw

Thank you Alan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Alan!   Thank you Alan! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 5:01 pm

Thank you XMT for providing me a safe haven and sounding board after my banning from WG - It was a rough time. I will also credit the people here for weaning me off Invicta and a new appreciation for the 3-Hand diver - but I still love my Chronos. There are some good people here with great collections that I hope to interact with on other forums. Special thanks to valiant efforts of those that tried to keep it alive.

But to be honest, at some point it all went to shit. Alan eventually managed to piss me off for various reasons, some shared by others some not. Hope you find what you're looking for, no need to announce it to us when you do or don't.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Thank you Alan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Alan!   Thank you Alan! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 5:28 pm

Thanks to everyone who has commented here...

Smile

Senior Associate
Anomaly

Thank you Alan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Alan!   Thank you Alan! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 5:33 pm

jaw wrote:
Thank you XMT for providing me a safe haven and sounding board after my banning from WG - It was a rough time. I will also credit the people here for weaning me off Invicta and a new appreciation for the 3-Hand diver - but I still love my Chronos. There are some good people here with great collections that I hope to interact with on other forums. Special thanks to valiant efforts of those that tried to keep it alive.

But to be honest, at some point it all went to shit. Alan eventually managed to piss me off for various reasons, some shared by others some not. Hope you find what you're looking for, no need to announce it to us when you do or don't.

Aw man, you mean you don't wanna know what my next endeavor might be?

Grin...

Senior Associate
jaw

Thank you Alan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Alan!   Thank you Alan! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:06 pm

Nope - Couldn't care less. Grin...
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

Thank you Alan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Alan!   Thank you Alan! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:13 pm

so no more XMT soon? Tis a shame IMO.....but I understand how young forums go....my own startup G shock forum with 9 other USA guys lasted 2 years and then folded. My current other watch forum AWF is kinda on shakey ground nearing the 2 year mark.....

In any case, thanks for creating a great watch forum while I was here. I never participated in the general discussion section, but posted watches have been the best quality images of all forums!
Back to top Go down
max
Associate
max

Thank you Alan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Alan!   Thank you Alan! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:30 pm

Thanks for XMT while it lasted, Alan.

Hope our paths cross again. Best of luck to you.
Back to top Go down
Chris S.
Senior Associate
Chris S.

Thank you Alan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Alan!   Thank you Alan! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:05 pm

Thanks Alan and all the best.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Thank you Alan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Alan!   Thank you Alan! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:46 pm

Best of luck to you Alan. I wish you peace and happiness in your travels. Thank you having this place. This was my first go to forum from watchgeeks. My experiences grew even more from this forum to others. For the earlier days this place was rocking. Sorry to see it dissolve but I think it is for the best. A great bunch of characters have been here, Some remained, others have come and gone. I'm sure our paths will meet again. Wouldn't doubt that there will be new start-up forums in the future.....for now there are plenty of options for all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thank you Alan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Alan!   Thank you Alan! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thank you Alan!
Page 1 of 1