The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jim Skelton started his own watch brand!

Go down 
+2
andrema
The Boss
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Boss
Vito - The Lounge Owner
The Boss

Jim Skelton started his own watch brand! Empty
PostSubject: Jim Skelton started his own watch brand!   Jim Skelton started his own watch brand! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 10:55 pm

As announced on his Facebook page:

"Ok, everyone, announcement time! I have hinted a little bit over the last few days about a special new project that I am undertaking, and here it is. In 2013 I will be launching a new **watch brand**.

Before I go off about it, I'd like to extend a BIG thank you to my friend (and employer), Lior for allowing me the opportunity to do this with his blessings. Allowing me to begin a start-up watch brand, outside of the SWI Group, while still remaining at WOWTV as it continues to grow was important to me, and he has made that possible. My deepest appreciation and respect goes out to Lior, as always!

I'll try to "pre-answer" a few questions before they're asked.

Yes, the brand will be all my designs from the ground up.

Yes, I have secured a silent partner that will allow me to do things right from the start, instead of struggling and cutting corners due to the costs of manufacturing.

Yes, I will maintain the degree of quality that you have seen in some of my previous designs that were manufactured by other brands. Sapphire crystals, high grade movements (automatics in most all of them, and NO CHINESE movements), Superluminova, and all bracelets will utilize screws, no friction pins.

The 1st design will be a tool diver, in the 46-47mm range. I am aiming for a specific look & function, and plan to be SEVERAL HUNDRED dollars less than the closest competitor. While these will not be cheap watches, they will absolutely be affordable for most collectors. Again, taking into account the materials listed above, they won't be $200 watches of course.

Primary focus is on quality. Secondary focus is on clean design. Just a good, solid watch that you'll be proud to own. All models will be either Limited Production or will be Limited Editions, so there will always be a degree of exclusivity associated with the brand.

I will be selling DIRECT via a dedicated website that will be built for the brand, as well as through Facebook (my page as well as a dedicated brand FB page). I do not have any plans to bring the brand to any televised shopping venue or retail/e-tail avenues of distribution.

While everything is at the preliminary stages right now, I am considering doing a pre-order setup once the designs are finalized, costs are finalized, and images are available for you to view. If I go that route, I will be adding a special bonus to those who choose to pre-order, creating a better value for the first adopters of this brand. We are MONTHS away from this step, so we'll see as we get closer.

In most models (maybe all of them in the future) you will have modular functionality. Meaning that I will be making available a LOT of accessories in order for you to personalize your watch. Additional straps, bracelets, and in some models you'll even have additional bezel choices.

This is not going to be a big brand, I have no plans to compete with any large brands, and a bonus is that smaller production numbers allow us to focus on the quality of each watch produced. This is not the sort of thing I'll be able to retire on, and I certainly won't be "quitting my day job". It will be a small side project that allows me to do something that I love, while still doing the main thing I love... hosting our shows at WOWTV. I am blessed with the ability to work with a high quality factory, and have access to high quality movements, it's not such a small project that I'll be building watches on my dining room table LOL. Besides... you don't want ME "building" a watch anyway...

So that's it for now. Working on finalizing and registering the brand's name from the list of possible names I have right now, and putting the finishing touches on the launch model. This will not be rushed, so in reality the 1st model would likely be available NEXT Xmas season if all goes according to plan.

As I will be selling direct, with no major distribution, I will be able to keep the selling prices affordable... and I will be counting on YOU to help make the brand a success. I hope that I am able to create some designs that you will love, and consider adding to your collections.

As always, I greatly appreciate your continued support, and I hope that I can count on you as this becomes a real, tangible "thing"...."

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

The Lounge Terms of Service (TOS) - Learn Them, Live Them, Love Them!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Jim Skelton started his own watch brand!   Jim Skelton started his own watch brand! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 11:02 pm

Good for him. I can't wait to see the designs, it should be interesting!

Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Jim Skelton started his own watch brand!   Jim Skelton started his own watch brand! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 11:26 pm

Yo Vito, Is this a joke?

I'm not laughing or buying.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Jim Skelton started his own watch brand!   Jim Skelton started his own watch brand! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 11:58 pm

Just the facts Chris, just the facts. Smile

Senior Associate
Chris S.

PostSubject: Re: Jim Skelton started his own watch brand!   Jim Skelton started his own watch brand! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:15 am

I'm going to be,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: Jim Skelton started his own watch brand!   Jim Skelton started his own watch brand! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:48 pm

YEAHHHHHHH BARFFFFFFFFFFF
Back to top Go down
bodypeersur
Junior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Jim Skelton started his own watch brand!   Jim Skelton started his own watch brand! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 10:57 am

You have got to be kidding me! Don't like the guy so surely won't buy a watch from him. But I'm sure there are plenty of his die-hard fans that will spend their hard earned money on whatever he produces. He holds some kind of Sainthood with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jim Skelton started his own watch brand!   Jim Skelton started his own watch brand! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jim Skelton started his own watch brand!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Watch Brands :: Watch Brands Featured On TV and Video :: Other Brands-
Jump to: