The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

What? It's not a Heuer?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr Rick
Senior Associate

What? It's not a Heuer? Empty
PostSubject: What? It's not a Heuer?   What? It's not a Heuer? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 5:46 pm

No, it's a NOS vintage Caravelle by Bulova with a very rare 3D dial. It measures 38.2 mm by 41.5 mm and is 11.7 mm high. The brushed case is finished in a black that does not appear to be PVD and actually looks like some sort of anodizing. The dial has vertical brushing and a 3D effect that ranges from blue, to grey, to almost black in some lighting.

My understanding is that this watch was manufactured by Bulova in the 1970s and it features an automatic movement. It comes on a thin, glove soft, 19 mm strap.

I have been able to only find one other example that was for sale on WUS some time ago. I doubt I'll ever encounter another person wearing one of these. Cool

What? It's not a Heuer? DSC07574-1

What? It's not a Heuer? DSC07577-1

What? It's not a Heuer? DSC07583-1

What? It's not a Heuer? DSC07590-1
Back to top Go down
porschefan
Associate
porschefan

PostSubject: Re: What? It's not a Heuer?   What? It's not a Heuer? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 9:08 am

Not a Heuer, but still very cool.

Tim "Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse."Thomas Fuller "Why is it men love timepieces of all descriptions, salivating at the Rolex and Jaeger trays in the jewelers window, yet after one single beer they lose all track of time and space? It is one of the world's unanswered great mysteries." James May
Back to top Go down
The Boss
Vito - The Lounge Owner
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: What? It's not a Heuer?   What? It's not a Heuer? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:24 pm

Nice looking watch Rick!

The Lounge Terms of Service (TOS) - Learn Them, Live Them, Love Them!

https://xtrememeantime.forumotion.com/t8984-forum-terms-of-service-tos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What? It's not a Heuer?   What? It's not a Heuer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What? It's not a Heuer?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: New Arrivals-
Jump to: