The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How many times have you been...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

How many times have you been... Empty
PostSubject: How many times have you been...   How many times have you been... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 2:38 pm

How many times have you been impressed or disappointed with a watch?

Has one happened more than the other? What watches have really impressed you?

What watches have fallen short or disappointed you? ..Anyone have a story, or stories? Smile

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you been...   How many times have you been... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 12:58 am

I am impressed with this Chinese Seagull 55th anniversary model with a small ST6 auto/handwind movement. Bought this from the Seagull seller in California, through the WUS Chinese Mechanicals forum. I have other simple Chinese watches but this particular one I still wear in the rotation. It is very accurate and has a beautiful dial. Cost was $180.00usd.

How many times have you been... 5794742405_21bfb3d18f_b
large dial by thianwong1, on Flickr

Another suprise watch was this used Benrus type2 homage, made for a fashion store here in Japan, 3 years ago. 300 were ordered from Hong Kong and sold out immediately. Mine has a small smudge on the dial edge, so the used store clerk marked it down to $100.00. What amazes me is the lumed hands equal my trit tube mil watches, Trasers and Luminox, for lasting well into the nite for easy reading!
How many times have you been... 8726032188_82a0fe66c9_b
SEAL member by thianwong1, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you been...   How many times have you been... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 12:45 pm

Thian, can see why you like those two so much.How many times have you been... 803574How many times have you been... 803574 What's nice is sometimes it happens when you expect it, like
what happened when getting that beautiful 55th Anniversary Seagull I would imagine. Then other times it happens
when you are not expecting it like with those tubes on your Benrus watch actually glowing just a nice as your Luminox's,
and Trasers. Think it's a great experience either way, and a feeling that you don't always get which makes you appreciate
those watches even more. Think it makes the hobby a special one too honestly.

Thanks very much for the stories, along with pictures Thian ! Smile

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you been...   How many times have you been... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 9:57 pm

Tom, just a small correction.....that Benrus homage DOES NOT have tubes! Yet the lume is long lasting into the dark of nite (in bed hehe!)
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you been...   How many times have you been... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 12:58 pm

Sorry Thian, my bad there.Embarassed Smile Such a cool cool watch in the light, or the dark sir.

thianwong wrote:
Tom, just a small correction.....that Benrus homage DOES NOT have tubes! Yet the lume is long lasting into the dark of nite (in bed hehe!)

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you been...   How many times have you been... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many times have you been...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: