The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seiko ROOX in da house.....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thianwong
Senior Associate

Seiko ROOX in da house..... Empty
PostSubject: Seiko ROOX in da house.....   Seiko ROOX in da house..... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 4:16 am

Found this used, nice beater in the mall next to our apartment. The ROOX seiko line is domestic Japan and lower end pricing. But the Alba line, of which ROOX is, has many great deals. Look at this rated 20bar Chrono with a respectable 7T11 movement...used price was $40.00.....

Seiko ROOX in da house..... 9046211917_5f11ffbc4e_b
Montage ROOX Challenger by thianwong1, on Flickr

Seiko ROOX in da house..... 9043572103_b7e2c21ebe_b
by roses by thianwong1, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Seiko ROOX in da house.....   Seiko ROOX in da house..... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 1:19 pm

Woohoo Thian, this is spectacular !!! Very Happy Congratulations ! Not sure I have ever seen
these, or seen the brand before. Have heard of Alba, but boy oh boy, these are nice
sir. The style reminds you of a cool vintage chronograph, but there are a lot of nice
modern touches too. The case shape alone is amazing, and that bezel with the notches
taken out really unique. Even the dial, and strap are too good with it. This is a great
find Thian. Hope you have fun wearing it !

Amazing watch, and an amazing picture ! cyclops

thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Seiko ROOX in da house.....   Seiko ROOX in da house..... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 12:42 am

Hi Tom,

The Roox Alba line is domestic Japan, and not many here do buy this brand, so it is rather unknown. Even Seiko has so many lines like the Presage...ever hear of it? haha!

Well, this baby was on the shelf with watches of varying brands. There is a small section of G Shocks grouped together. The Roox I had noted at a glance some months ago didnt take a closer look. This time, I was itching to buy a watch (!) and peering at it again up close, I asked to see it out of the glass case. Then I saw the caseback with Alba on it, cased in China and Japanese movement. A 200m Alba chronograph?! Well, I take that with a grain of salt but one never knows how good the Alba chronos are haha! At $40 or so, I was happy.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Seiko ROOX in da house.....   Seiko ROOX in da house..... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi Thian, this is so interesting to here about honestly, and no I have never heard of Presage.study Thanks very much
for the lesson on them. It's just amazing how many great brands are around that people don't know about like this.

Glad you were able to take a closer look at this one. It looks like it was more than worth a second look, and satisfied
that new watch itch you had.cheers

thianwong wrote:
Hi Tom,

The Roox Alba line is domestic Japan, and not many here do buy this brand, so it is rather unknown. Even Seiko has so many lines like the Presage...ever hear of it? haha!

Well, this baby was on the shelf with watches of varying brands. There is a small section of G Shocks grouped together. The Roox I had noted at a glance some months ago didnt take a closer look. This time, I was itching to buy a watch (!) and peering at it again up close, I asked to see it out of the glass case. Then I saw the caseback with Alba on it, cased in China and Japanese movement. A 200m Alba chronograph?! Well, I take that with a grain of salt but one never knows how good the Alba chronos are haha! At $40 or so, I was happy.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seiko ROOX in da house.....   Seiko ROOX in da house..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seiko ROOX in da house.....
Page 1 of 1