The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aviator Bristol and Douglas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Aviator Bristol and Douglas Empty
PostSubject: Aviator Bristol and Douglas   Aviator Bristol and Douglas Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:13 pm

Just saw these two nice looking Aviators everybody. ..The first is the Bristol with it's 45mm stainless
steel case, AR coated crystals, 50 meter water resistance, and 31 jewel Sellita caliber SW260-1. The
watch comes with this silver dial here, as well as a black, and charcoal dialed version.

Second is the Douglas which also has a 45mm stainless steel case, AR coated crystals, and 50 meter
water resistance. The Douglas uses the Swiss automatic Sellita caliber SW200-1 with 25 jewels this time
around. Check out the hands on this one, actually both of them.

What do you guys think about these new Aviators?

A couple of pics, and links to Timezone everyone...

Aviator Bristol and Douglas Avbristol_zps41c7685a

Aviator Bristol and Douglas Art2_zps9fb9f457

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Aviator Bristol and Douglas   Aviator Bristol and Douglas Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 8:49 pm

These are pretty nice but for 1200 and 920 Swiss Francs they lose some of the niceness.....Lot of things in the $1000 - $1300 range I would pick first. I like the look of Douglas, except the picture is not very good, date change should not be taking place, Aviator letters seem to lack some definition and do not look same thickness....other photo there seemed ok.

Aviator Bristol and Douglas Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Aviator Bristol and Douglas   Aviator Bristol and Douglas Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 1:16 pm

Definitely see what you are saying Gary. Aviator Bristol and Douglas 803574 By the way, I didn't even notice that date changing
in the Douglas picture until you pointed it out. Wow, great eye ! ..I really liked the hands on the
Douglas, and thought the lugs were really eye-catching on the Bristol. Wonder if those prices will
actually be lower Gary, or come down later on.

sixtysix wrote:
These are pretty nice but for 1200 and 920 Swiss Francs they lose some of the niceness.....Lot of things in the $1000 - $1300 range I would pick first. I like the look of Douglas, except the picture is not very good, date change should not be taking place, Aviator letters seem to lack some definition and do not look same thickness....other photo there seemed ok.

PostSubject: Re: Aviator Bristol and Douglas   Aviator Bristol and Douglas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aviator Bristol and Douglas
Page 1 of 1