The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"We aren't geeks, we are hard core collectors"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
koimaster
Junior Associate
koimaster

"We aren't geeks, we are hard core collectors" Empty
PostSubject: "We aren't geeks, we are hard core collectors"   "We aren't geeks, we are hard core collectors" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:50 pm

Pretty quiet around here which is a shame. The title here is how this forum started back in 2009. In the message thread near the bottom is the email davis sent to Alan about that banner. It was pulled down by Alan shortly after he received the email. What no one knew back them except a few of us was that davis had not only installed a grumpy user hack but could and was reading private messages. Atomic Tom seems to be the only ghost here anymore it seems. For anyone reading this, you are always welcome at WL.

I think this place helped start several other small forums and for that we should all thank Alan and Ron.

---------- Original Message ----------
To: Alain <>
Subject: Re: I'll ask once more
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 12:51:50 -0400

NOT AT ALL MAN!

TONS of great info...don't change anything sir!
On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Alain <> wrote:
i feel I am hogging your forum though with posts. need to chill a bit

Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 12:51:50 -0400

Thanks man...

and of all the quotes you listed yesterday...THAT ONE stood out most
On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Alain <> wrote:
Bruce, JS and I are going to have a conference call in the next few days. Bruce is setting it up. Michael is out of the picture on this as is brad (flybait).The call will resolve it. At the very least you will be going back in from I have led to beleive.

Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 08:36:48 -0400

Any updates...?

I wanna get in just as a point of PRINCIPAL...
On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 7:25 AM, a l <darthneo64@gmail.com> wrote:
Have a GREAT 4th weekend sir!

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 2:51 AM, Alain <> wrote:
I am on the coast. Bruce has until thursday to get it straight.

“Strength and wisdom are not opposing values.”
Bill Clinton

Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 13:38:45 -0400

Whats the latest?

I want back in WG just to show face and rub it in Michael and Flyturds face!
On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 7:34 PM, Alain <> wrote:
Bruce does not like Brad and is wondering why his even involved with the process of making decisions. His point is that he is not an owner, has no stake in it but has more access to the website and admin then Bruce of Jim. He also does not like his attitude. Sometimes regardless of good intentions, people manage to let egos get in the way of business and the original concept of things.
A koi pond...... who cute.

Bill Clinton

Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 15:03:15 -0400

Cool...

BTW...

Gonna start a KNOWLEDGE BASE on ZMT, will basically be your place to continuing educating us!

Thanks for all the great info...

Brad has turned into a real prick too
On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 2:50 PM, Alain <> wrote:
Yes Michael is and I think you knew it. I can only say so much about my conversation with Bruce as he is currently discussing things with JS. But, it seems there are tensions with Brad and Michael lied to JS & Bruce about you, me and other items.
You should be able to get in next week after all of the siscussions are done. Bruce is calling me again some thime this weekend. Hang in there. Bruce is unhappy with the forum as it stands now. It is not what he thought it would be. He too is not happy with fuzzy yes people.

Bill Clinton

Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 14:22:45 -0400

Any idea when I will be back in?

So Michael is just a BOLD FACE LIAR!

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Alain <> wrote:
this is another way
Create a Suspended Usergroup with very limited access

Bill Clinton

Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 03:51:17 -0400

WOW

what a bunch of assholes...

I'll wait to see what you can do...

My initial reaction is to want to post this EVERYWHERE...but I wont

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 2:14 AM, Alain <> wrote:
Bruce will let yo uback in if you want. I am working on the timing. We spoke for over 1/2 an hour today. I will write more tomorrow. This is what was used:
"miserable users" hack. Basically a way to really annoy anyone you don't want visiting your forum. Based on the original idea & hack for vb2 by Zzed, and the vb3 port by KuraFire.

When classed as miserable, a member suffers ;

1. Slow response (time delay) on every page (20 to 60 seconds default).
2. A chance they will get the "server busy" message (50% by default).
3. A chance that no search facilities will be available (75% by default).
4. A chance they will get redirected to another preset page (25% & homepage by default).
5. A chance they will simply get a blank page (25% by default).
6. Post flood limit increased by a defined factor (10 times by default).
7. If they get past all this okay, then they will be served up their proper page.

Note: All the above options are set in the vBulletin Options.

To install this hack simply download the xml file to your pc and then import it into vbulletin as a product - then create your 'miserable users' usergroup and set the value of this group, and your preferred other settings, in the hacks settings area (vBulletin Oprions > Miserable Users). To make a member suffer just edit their profile to add them to the miserable users group (it will work as either the primary group or as a secondary group).

Bill Clinton

Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 00:27:16 -0400

I still cant get to watchgeeks...

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 12:24 AM, Alain <> wrote:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=277660

Bill Clinton

Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 20:38:38 -0400

Anything from Bruce?

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 2:49 PM, a l <darthneo64@gmail.com> wrote:
I am waiting with baited breath to hear THIS one!

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Alain <> wrote:
I expect his call before 2pm my time.

Bill Clinton

Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 14:15:16 -0400

Let me know if u hear from Bruce...THANKS!
On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 8:06 PM, a l <darthneo64@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank Alain...

And the thing is, I had been behaving...

I hadn't heard from an ADMIN or MOD in months...I think it was the ZODIAC tag...

And Like you...I just want access if I WANT IT...

I am gonna try to build my site and NOT by PMing everyone there...I may just put the website address in my sig. I have done that at WTW and no one has said a word...

You keep doing what you are doing regardless of me getting back in...

Thanks man!

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Alain <> wrote:
I spoke with Bruce for about 30 minutes. He is hoping to defuse the issues currently going on. He was surprised about the "geeks" on the site issue, commented that members have a right to be where ever they choose and that no one should have ever approached a WG member about being about both forums. I did get the impression from one of of his comments that there could be changes at WG if something did not change. In his comments to me he mentioned that someones ego got involved and that had to stop.
I gave him details he did not have without disclosing where they came from. He was quite surprised to learn that one or more members had been called about your site. I explained the soft ban which I think he may have known about. I reminded him that I am in fact an network engineer and programmer so I know what is going on.
He was on his way out of town back home. He will be giving me a call tuesday, mid day. I told him bring you back was something I wanted done. He has to talk with the others but I think it is something that can be done.The question after that is how will everyone behave it that works out. I told him I am not interested in WG and that is true. I am done with fools.
If you get back in, you have to behave Alan....

Bill Clinton

Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 19:14:03 -0400

I ONLY wanna be in enough to GRIN at Michael...

I still hope my site takes off eventually with more guys like US...

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Alain <> wrote:
JS has no power. It is Eyal that says yes or no. Anything that offends him or they think offends him will not be allowed. That is why Eric is gone.
I will see what I can do for you as it was my intent to have you reinstated there. I have no interest in WG for myself.

Bill Clinton

Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 14:34:21 -0400

I copied JS on my last email telling them NOT to threaten me again!
On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 2:32 PM, a l <darthneo64@gmail.com> wrote:
Interesting...

Say one of the stips is getting ME back into too...grin!

I know this is a serious matter...but would be great to get back in...

I know you have your bases covered...go get 'em!

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Alain <> wrote:
One of the owners has contacted me ( not michael ) and would like to speak to me to attempt to resolve the issues this afternoon. I will let you know what happens.

Bill Clinton

Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 13:57:03 -0400

Good, I am sick of his BS

He is SUCH a coward....

That sight would have 100 members were it not for snbc
On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Alain <> wrote:
From what I read it is a threat and michael has in my opinion gotten to full of himself. He is very wrong about the posts from his forums. I have info as new as 48 hours ago. Tomorrow Keith Stewart will be givin documentation from us about JS and WG. I have decided to send the information from the forums to the vendors.
Because Eyal is underwriting the WG forum, and sending checks to Michael for it, the IRS was notified and he and the other owners will be undergoing an audit by the end of the year.

Bill Clinton

Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 05:28:47 -0400

Optiplex registerd to help me with a problem...
Admin is me...
Loco Larry is my dad (shhhhh)...
AO is from Watch Talk World...

I can EMAIL all our members...I may do that...

"Remember, I asked politely...?" Sounds like another threat to me...
On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 1:34 AM, Alain <> wrote:
reality check here Alan. You can let everyone at the forum know what is going on and caveat things with I do not like threats made to members here or elsewhere. Post the relevant WG TOS portions. If you like, I can do it since WG is really not that stupid. I have already send the email from Michael about punishing others to Joel Brillant, a Special Agent in Portland with the FBI. He deals with cyber crimes and and I have worked with him in the past.
157.166.226.26 the IP address for michael should be in the 157 or so range. He lives in Atlanta and even using a proxy server which would be 222 220 you should be able to find out who is he at your site. I would guess black gary or mempho but I also do not know any of these
2009-06-17 Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:15 pm 2
40 Optiplex
2009-06-19 Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:19 am 0
41 Admin

JustDude
Stupidity never stopped a bullshitter... 2009-06-23 Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:50 pm 7
33 Sierra
2009-06-20 Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:44 pm 1
34 locolarry

AO

Bill Clinton

Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 20:19:48 -0400

thanks!
On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 8:16 PM, Alain <> wrote:

Bill Clinton

Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 20:00:56 -0400

Give me your number again if you dont mind, wanna put it in my cell phone...thanks!
On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 7:58 PM, a l <darthneo64@gmail.com> wrote:
GOOD STUFF...

I'll use it if he replies again...

Wonder what has him SOOOO worried?

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Alain <> wrote:
Very nice but in violation of his own TOS and also illegal. You can send him this reply if you like.
WARNINGS, USER LOCKING, BANNING

If the Watch Geeks Moderation Team feels that a user has "crossed the line" one too many times, they will issue the user a warning. This warning may be done via a PM or, if serious enough, may result in an immediate "Yellow Card" and then followed by a PM. This warning will not be discussed on the Watch Geeks public forums nor shared with other members very PM or email - violators will be subject to an immediate loss of their account. (further, see above DO NOT FLAME THE STAFF).

If the warning goes unheeded, further action will be taken. This can be anything from locking the offending user account for 2 weeks or longer, to deletion and banning of the user. Action is generally on a case by case basis.

If a user is apologetic, interested in a peaceful solution and wishes to have their account reinstated, a general consensus will be formed by the moderation team for or against such a request.

Admin/Ownership team reserves the right to move directly to banning with no warning or discussion if they feel that the offense is serious enough or repetitive.
So what was my offense? The software argument is old and disproven. You had and still have a block on the IPs associated with my user name. Same for Koi. It was two weeks to the day before he could post and then you banned him. Your TOS violates does not prohibit using the PM system to tell others about a site. If it did, no one could ever find some of the vendor sites or sites with an example of a watch someone might be considering. You may not prohibit a specific site or sites with prohibiting all of them.
PROHIBITED CONTENT

Off-topic subjects of a political, religious, sexual or generally contentious nature are not allowed under any circumstances.
Promotion or discussion of replica/counterfeit watches is not allowed. Watch Geeks will not be a party to this illegal activity.
Then why is there at least one user posting replica on a continuous basis in one of the forums. Do the math and figure out who it is. Almost all of the watches are fakes.
HIGH MAINTENANCE CLAUSE

Any member who occupies a majority of admin or moderator time unnecessarily will be shown the door.
Is this rule for me, Eric or Koi?
SOLICITATION

Without prior permission from an owner, refrain from using WatchGeeks to advertise your site, items for sale, commercial services or website. Posts of this kind will be locked/deleted.
Your solicitation portion does not address the PM system and since that would be personal messages, it violates your TOS to even share them.
Please do your best when it comes to grammar, punctuation and spelling. Private messages are to be kept private and never posted in the forums.
Is the Big Joe reference as Koi called it?

Bill Clinton

To: Michael Davis <meijin2k@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 18:40:37 -0400

Let me back into watchgeeks and I will change it...

No matter WHAT ISP I use I can't get back in, can you explain that?

Why don't you just be up front and tell me what is REALLY going on?

And what do you mean you'll ask "one more time politely" ? Is there something you are threatening to do if I don't change it?

I don't like the tone of your email at all...

Alan

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Michael Davis <meijin2k@gmail.com> wrote:

OK...I'll ask one more time politely. Don't make this an "us" and "them" thing Alan. I wish you the best of luck with your forum. We have had nothing negative to say about it on the site. We have allowed people to recruit for your site via our PM system (I have received several emails about this) and we have said and done nothing. I would like for this to continue and would ask that you take down the cheap shots against us.

Michael

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential information and trade secrets of Michael Davis and the entities he does business with. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, dissemination, distribution, or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.

Last edited by koimaster on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.watchlords.com
bigedsurf
Associate
bigedsurf

PostSubject: Re: "We aren't geeks, we are hard core collectors"   "We aren't geeks, we are hard core collectors" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:11 am

Thanx for the walk down Memory Lane, Alain................
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: "We aren't geeks, we are hard core collectors"   "We aren't geeks, we are hard core collectors" Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 6:53 pm

Alain, thanks for all of this info, along with reminding of us of the good old days. Smile 

Thanks for the invites too by the way sir. "We aren't geeks, we are hard core collectors" 46145 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "We aren't geeks, we are hard core collectors"   "We aren't geeks, we are hard core collectors" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: