The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Citizen's Wave Air and Altichron Cirrus

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Citizen's Wave Air and Altichron Cirrus Empty
PostSubject: Citizen's Wave Air and Altichron Cirrus   Citizen's Wave Air and Altichron Cirrus Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Just saw these two new Citizens that will be available in Fall 2013, as well as Spring 2014. They are the Satellite Wave Air,
and Altichron Cirrus everybody.

The Satellite Wave Air will have the ability to receive radio signals from mutiple satellites that can get their signal to any
place on earth. The watch uses an improved satellite technology over that used with 2011's Appleseed XIII. With the new
Satellite Wave Air, corrections will be quicker thanks to only a four to twenty second reception time, instead of the minute
it took the apleseed XIII to connect to satellites.

With the Satellite Wave Air, the cases will be made of titanium which have been hardened by Citizen's proprietary Duratect  
coating, and DLC coating. There will be three different versions also, with one having a unique pearl white finish. The cases
will be 49.5 mm, and the multilayered dials are covered by domed, glare proof sapphire crystals. The watch will have 200
meter water resistance, and be powered by the H909 Japanese Quartz Caliber. This movement allows for different features
like perpetual calendar, 24 hour time representation, world time in 26 cities, along with power reserve indicator.

The Alitichron Cirrus, coming in Spring 2014 continues the Altichron series which has been around since 1989. It has an
altimeter which will be able to measure heights up to 32,000 feet, and depths to 1000 feet. There is also a compass function
in the new Altichron, along with it's date, and power reserve. It's case will be made of titanium as well, measuring in at 51.5
mm, and will have an Eco-Drive movement.

Here is a look...

Wave Air
Citizen's Wave Air and Altichron Cirrus Citizen-promaster-satellite-wave-air-watch-side_zpse657b324

Citizen's Wave Air and Altichron Cirrus Citizen-promaster-satellite-wave-air-limited-edition-watch_zps8391722f

Altichron Cirrus
Citizen's Wave Air and Altichron Cirrus Citizen-promaster-altichron-cirrus-watch-side_zps779be7c1

Citizen's Wave Air and Altichron Cirrus Citizen-promaster-altichron-cirrus-watch_zpsfd4ab73d

Link to Watchalyzer.com with more...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Citizen's Wave Air and Altichron Cirrus   Citizen's Wave Air and Altichron Cirrus Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 9:50 pm

Just when I thought watch sizes were going to come down! haha! 49mm is big! But, I guess Citizen did its demographics Sad
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Citizen's Wave Air and Altichron Cirrus   Citizen's Wave Air and Altichron Cirrus Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 10:16 pm

thianwong wrote:
Just when  I thought watch sizes were going to come down! haha! 49mm is big! But, I guess Citizen did its demographics Sad

Was thinking the same thing Thian. Seems like especially when it's this kind of futuristic design that the sizes get
even bigger. Shocked Guess it's like an extreme sport/adventure thing or something that they try.

bigedsurf
Associate
bigedsurf

PostSubject: Re: Citizen's Wave Air and Altichron Cirrus   Citizen's Wave Air and Altichron Cirrus Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:55 pm

I see new Citizens in my stable...............
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Citizen's Wave Air and Altichron Cirrus   Citizen's Wave Air and Altichron Cirrus Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:49 pm

bigedsurf wrote:
I see new Citizens in my stable...............

Very cool Ed ! cheers 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Citizen's Wave Air and Altichron Cirrus   Citizen's Wave Air and Altichron Cirrus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Citizen's Wave Air and Altichron Cirrus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion... :: Watch Industry News-
Jump to: