The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

How often would you say...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

How often would you say... Empty
PostSubject: How often would you say...   How often would you say... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 7:54 pm

How often would you say that you guys have actually seen or talked to a fellow watch guy, or girl in
the wild?

Just seems like you really don't see a ton of watch people, or especially WIS as they say out there in
public. You may see people with watches, but it seems nine times out of ten it's a no name, super in-
expensive watch like you might find in aisles right out in the open at department stores. Or even when
you do find someone with a known watch like even say Rolex, or Tag Heuer for instance that they are
not necessarily a watch guy, or girl, but rather just liked that particular watch, or brand.

Had been thinking about this a lot lately. Especially after taking a trip to Florida recently for a wedding.
While there I talked with a couple of the groomsmen who happened to both have Tag Heuers on. One
was a nice Carrera, and the other was a cool Aquaracer. Both guys said they liked watches, and had
a few that they wore, but I guess they still weren't actually watch guys, or WIS.

So how about you? How often would you say that you have actually seen or talked with a fellow watch
guy, or girl in the wild? Maybe you're lucky enough to know someone in your family, or maybe at work.
Or maybe you just met someone you didn't even know out there who you stopped and spoke to a while
who liked the hobby. Any stories? Smile

Rpj. Jansen.
Junior Associate
Rpj. Jansen.

PostSubject: Re: How often would you say...   How often would you say... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 7:24 am

Hey Atomic Tom,

I agree, I have a Facebook page Called The Watch Page, and I would like to give it a more personal touch and let people send in their home made wrist shots, but it rarely happens.
I know there are some real watch enthusiasts out there.

Sometimes I'm thinking to go out on the street with a camera and ask people what they have and make pictures of their watch.

I don't have the money for the luxury brands like Ulyssee Nardin, Patek Philippe or even a Rolex, but I live near a luxury city at the beach with lots of millionaires and I guess there are a lot beauty's out there.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: How often would you say...   How often would you say... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 2:32 pm

Rpj. Jansen. wrote:
Hey Atomic Tom,

I agree, I have a Facebook page Called The Watch Page, and I would like to give it a more personal touch and let people send in their home made wrist shots, but it rarely happens.
I know there are some real watch enthusiasts out there.

Sometimes I'm thinking to go out on the street with a camera and ask people what they have and make pictures of their watch.

I don't have the money for the luxury brands like Ulyssee Nardin, Patek Philippe or even a Rolex, but I live near a luxury city at the beach with lots of millionaires and I guess there are a lot beauty's out there.
Rpj. Jansen, those are some great ideas you have. Smile Nowadays finding watch people can be a lot easier thanks to
things like Facebook like you said. That's a terrific place really when you think about it to not only find those fellow
watch enthusiasts you speak of, but also maybe even make non watch fans suddenly become watch fans.  

The man on the street idea is fantastic too. That way you can talk face to face with watch people, and then maybe
get some cool pics of watches at the same time. How often would you say... 803574 

Like you said there are a lot of people interested in watches, we just have to find them, or get them to see how great
this hobby is.

Awesome insight Rpj. Jansen. Thanks a lot !

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How often would you say...   How often would you say... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How often would you say...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: