The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Going vintage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Going vintage Empty
PostSubject: Going vintage   Going vintage Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 5:38 pm

Guys, am finally adding some vintage watches into the collection. Have wanted to for many years now, but always
tend to get into a brand once I try them out. For example Zodiac, and Seiko. Smile However, thanks to sixtysix (Gary)
hypnotizing all of us over the years with all of his amazing watches. It was more than time to take the leap. I actually
have a few more vintage watches to show you guys, but they need spring bars, and NATO straps which are still on
the way.

Right now though, I am ready for Gary's Vintage New Year with the Cordella Diver here from the 60's-70's ! Going vintage 803574 It was
a watch that caught my eye because had never seen, or heard of the particular brand. Also liked the unique look with
the sub-seconds dial, as well as neat orange markers. Kind of reminds you of an Orsa maybe, but vintage.

The watch is in really great shape, and the domed crystal is cool as well. Couldn't be happier, and the hand winding
movement couldn't be cooler either. ..Will be adding a NATO with orange straps at some point down the road to this
one also guys, but the strap that came with it is actually nice, and comfortable, and may be original to the watch.
Not sure. In any case, have gone vintage for the end of 2014/beginning of 2015 ! cheers

Some pictures...

Going vintage IMG_2820_zps8767a87b

Going vintage IMG_2822_zpsbda2e62d

Going vintage IMG_2829_zps0f827f34

Going vintage 0ce8a79e-f65f-4ecd-a790-f6d2eb296580_zpsa62b6d38

Case-back...

Going vintage IMG_2851_zpsd7a7ea74

Vintage lume...

Going vintage IMG_2858_zps977ce8b4

Thanks for looking everyone, and Happy New Year ahead of time !  Very Happy

Consigliere
sixtysix

Going vintage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going vintage   Going vintage Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 11:48 pm

I commented on DWC but it's still a really cool piece. Any idea whats inside? The bezel looks a bit more modern than the watch, I wonder if it was changed at some point?

Going vintage Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Going vintage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going vintage   Going vintage Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 11:57 pm

OK I found another posting on WUS that has the exact same watch...same bezel. Might be a pin - lever movement according to the owner. I have a few of these and they work great, (in fact I love one of them a lot) just not super high quality movement....odd to see the sub seconds on a pin-lever though. Either way Cordella is super rare...what a great find!!! Congrats cheers

Going vintage Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Going vintage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going vintage   Going vintage Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 2:24 am

sixtysix wrote:
I commented on DWC but it's still a really cool piece. Any idea whats inside? The bezel looks a bit more modern than the watch, I wonder if it was changed at some point?

sixtysix wrote:
OK I found another posting on WUS that has the exact same watch...same bezel. Might be a pin - lever movement according to the owner. I have a few of these and they work great, (in fact I love one of them a lot) just not super high quality movement....odd to see the sub seconds on a pin-lever though. Either way Cordella is super rare...what a great find!!! Congrats cheers

Oh sorry Gary, I hadn't been back to the post at DWC I guess. Thanks so much !!! Very Happy Apologies for not getting back to you on what movement
was inside the watch. Or if the bezel was changed. (Just seeing your post now at 12:11 am Monday sir.) Embarassed

Honestly didn't know until you just mentioned that it was this pin-lever movement you're are talking about. ..Holy cow, always learning ! study
Guess this is definitely the first in my collection then. ..In the ebay listing, I think it just mentioned it was hand winding, and didn't say anything
about pin-lever or anything. Thanks very very much for the insight, along with review of how they are !

P.S. Not sure if the bezel was replaced either. It kind of looks original to me, and matches the watch's overall feel, and finish, but can't say
for sure Gary. ..I hope it is, since I actually want it to be 100 % vintage ! ..Thanks once again for the kind words ! I'm going to be wearing
this for a while, and participating as long as possible in your New Year, Old Watches run. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Going vintage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going vintage   Going vintage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going vintage
Page 1 of 1