The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the deal with Doxa?

Go down 
+2
merichar
andrema
6 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

What is the deal with Doxa? Empty
PostSubject: What is the deal with Doxa?   What is the deal with Doxa? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 9:43 am

Personally, I am not a fan of Doxa watches. I think that it is the flared-out case design that stops me from falling in love with the brand. It sort of reminds me of the alien in the Aliens movie!

However, there seem to be tons of them out there, especially on the sales forums (WUS)...so there must be something about them that I am missing!!

For those of you who have not seen or heard of the brand, here is a link...

http://www.doxawatches.com/collection.htm

So what do you guys think of this brand?
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: What is the deal with Doxa?   What is the deal with Doxa? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 12:10 pm

The distinctive case shape that seems to be their trademark never appealed to me. I have seen a few maybe older models with different case shapes, though. Have yet to examine a Doxa up close. To each his own-a lot of people seem to love them. I did win a nice Doxa hat at BDWF but gave it away-adjustables rarely fit my 7-7/8 melon.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What is the deal with Doxa?   What is the deal with Doxa? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:28 pm

I've always liked Doxa. From the odd shaped cases to the great looking bracelets. The look is kinda new to me..because I've only "really" been into watches for a few years. However, I can see where others who have been seeing the design for a long time might want to see something new. Doxa does have an original
look though, and I think some have made similar looks. The only drawback in my opinion would be price..but that orange is just classic ! They have also added some new styles and colors too ! Smile
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: What is the deal with Doxa?   What is the deal with Doxa? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 5:42 pm

cali kid wrote:
Well since i have one, must say they rock!I've got a 1000 TUSA and love it but wished it was big as the 750!! Love the case style and a well made piece, i'm going to hang on to my TUSA since only 100 were made and one day will get a 750 pro (orange dial) First i've got about 5 watches i need to put up for sale, thinking about a new breitling (thanks Z) or a Omega planet ocean XL!
Love the PO, are you looking at the black or orange bezel?
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: What is the deal with Doxa?   What is the deal with Doxa? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 6:35 pm

I happen to LOVE the case design. A nice blue dial would be eff-in smooth.

Mmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: What is the deal with Doxa?   What is the deal with Doxa? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:01 am

I like them. I agree that they are a little pricey for what you get. Wouldn't mind having one. But one would be all you need of that brand. All kind of look the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the deal with Doxa?   What is the deal with Doxa? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:37 pm

Doxa is for people who use them underwater and not for wrist candy or to identify with NUMA. The Doxa has some cool looking models (to some) but they do not top the "looker" list in the diver category. I bought a 1200t to wear beneath the sea but I like the vintage cushion case etc. so if you like a wath and can afford it, by all means buy it and ignore the comments of the few who don't understand personal choice.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: What is the deal with Doxa?   What is the deal with Doxa? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:07 pm

Yep, personal choice...

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: What is the deal with Doxa?   What is the deal with Doxa? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:00 pm

I like the vintage Doxa's. Here are a few owned by my European watch friend.

What is the deal with Doxa? Doxa3

What is the deal with Doxa? Doxa2

What is the deal with Doxa? Doxa1

What is the deal with Doxa? Doxa4

Here is her Flickr account.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54088759@N06/
Back to top Go down
Mr Rick
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: What is the deal with Doxa?   What is the deal with Doxa? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:05 pm

Guest wrote:
As a whole I'm not that crazy about them, but the Ultraspeed with 7750 is very cool. It doesn't have that alien case design you're talking about. A very classy looking piece. Of course the $3490 price tag is a little steep!!! But here is a link for you to see what I mean.

http://www.doxawatches.com/ultraspeed.htm

Currently on sale for $1990. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What is the deal with Doxa?   What is the deal with Doxa? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Mr Rick wrote:
I like the vintage Doxa's. Here are a few owned by my European watch friend.

What is the deal with Doxa? Doxa3

What is the deal with Doxa? Doxa2

What is the deal with Doxa? Doxa1

What is the deal with Doxa? Doxa4

Here is her Flickr account.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54088759@N06/

Those are some beautiful watches MR Rick ! I like how the vintage models you are
showing still have that patented Doxa look with the case, and dial. What is the deal with Doxa? 803574 The star-like
emblem in the upper left hand portion of the dial is neat also. All of the other ones
are OUTSTANDING as well, and whether they are on the bracelet, rubber straps, or
nato, they just seem very very cool imho. Thanks for these pics, along with the link !

PostSubject: Re: What is the deal with Doxa?   What is the deal with Doxa? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the deal with Doxa?
Page 1 of 1