The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kees: Strangely Cool Watches

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Kees: Strangely Cool Watches Empty
PostSubject: Kees: Strangely Cool Watches   Kees: Strangely Cool Watches Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 10:55 pm

Was looking around and found this watch company called Kees ! They make hand made watches
that are "really" different. Mixing craftmanship with oddness, to create some strangely cool
watches. They may not be the kind of watches we usually look at ! However, they are unique,
and hopefully interesting. I hope you enjoy ! Smile

Here is a link..the photo gallery shows different models !

http://www.kees.ch/
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Kees: Strangely Cool Watches   Kees: Strangely Cool Watches Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:16 am

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Gee Golly, the Dragon Gate Watch has a DRAGON and a KOI!!! I bet they stole that theme from another company!!! Beautiful pieces of art but too far out for this old guy. Thanks for the link though Tom.

Z-Freak wrote:
Did you request a price?

On one hand they look like art...

Or they could look like some cheezy Lord of the Rings happy meal watch!

Yup, you guys are right..they are kinda out there ! Plus they may look like art to one person,
but not another ! I did not request a price..because I was afraid of what I may get back..like perhaps,
$20,000 or something ! lol! I only just came upon the site recently and wanted to show you guys
the watches ! Thanks guys ! Smile
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Kees: Strangely Cool Watches   Kees: Strangely Cool Watches Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:47 am

I can appreciate the art in crafting them but they would be inpractical for me. There is enough art for me in the movement which makes it functional.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Kees: Strangely Cool Watches   Kees: Strangely Cool Watches Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:58 am

merichar wrote:
I can appreciate the art in crafting them but they would be inpractical for me. There is enough art for me in the movement which makes it functional.

I agree with ya on both fronts and they really aren't our style. The strangeness alien
as well as uniqueness caught my eye however, and I thought the watches might be interesting
to talk about ! Thanks again ! Smile
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Kees: Strangely Cool Watches   Kees: Strangely Cool Watches Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:31 pm

sheraortho wrote:
Well all I can say is I can appreciate them for what they are but they aren't for me either. A little too much going on on the dial. I'm way too conservative in my watches for this company. Thanks for the link though because it's always nice keeping up with what's out there!

Your welcome sheraortho !..a couple things I later noticed about these watches, is that some of the watches use a complication known as jumping hours ! Which is kind of new to me..I think I've heard of it before, but never really seen it ! Also some of the movements used in the watches are evidently something called "new old stock" and are from the 50's, 60's and 70's. Just thought this was interesting ! Thanks ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kees: Strangely Cool Watches   Kees: Strangely Cool Watches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kees: Strangely Cool Watches
Page 1 of 1