The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Update on my TAG Heuer Monaco

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

Update on my TAG Heuer Monaco Empty
PostSubject: Update on my TAG Heuer Monaco   Update on my TAG Heuer Monaco Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 10:47 am

Many of you know about the ecstasy and disappointment of the watch I acquired over the summer. If not, read about it here:
https://xtrememeantime.forumotion.com/let-s-see-it-f3/stumbled-on-to-history-my-new-tag-heuer-t86.htm

Brief summary:
Won a charity auction for the watch in June 2009. Noticed the seconds subdial (right side) was misprinted. Had the jewelry store return it for repair. Watch came back with out being corrected in late July. Sent the watch back to TAG Heuer.

I got a call this week from the jeweler that it had returned from LVMH (TAG Heuer’s holding company). Keep in mind it has been almost 4 months since I got the watch and haven’t yet been able to wear it.

When the girl took it out of the box, I inspected it very closely. The badly printed subdial had been repaired, but the case had two dings. Unacceptable. I asked for her to replace it. She called a sales person over who promptly grabbed another Monaco out of the case. FAIL! It was the older model without the exhibition case back or the Calibre 12.

I then asked for a replacement. She spoke to the owner who said he would order a new one. If the distributor has it in stock, it will be sent over night.

Oh man do I hope they get this one right. I’m not even sure I want the watch anymore. It’s got too much drama associated with it for me to really enjoy it. We’ll see when I get the watch in my hands what I actually do with it, but this drama has got to end!
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Update on my TAG Heuer Monaco   Update on my TAG Heuer Monaco Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 11:58 am

Good Luck! Hope it's an overnighter for you.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Update on my TAG Heuer Monaco   Update on my TAG Heuer Monaco Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 12:09 pm

Wow! I sure hope they make it right for you. That is just unacceptable!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Update on my TAG Heuer Monaco   Update on my TAG Heuer Monaco Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 7:32 pm

Sounds like a real rollercoaster of an ordeal..hopefully things will turn out better
this time around ! Then maybe you can enjoy your Monaco..good luck !
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Update on my TAG Heuer Monaco   Update on my TAG Heuer Monaco Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 12:43 am

Thanks for being so supportive. You gals will be the first to know!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Update on my TAG Heuer Monaco   Update on my TAG Heuer Monaco Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 1:33 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
Thanks for being so supportive. You gals will be the first to know!
...keep us posted Alice
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Update on my TAG Heuer Monaco   Update on my TAG Heuer Monaco Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 5:14 pm

andrema wrote:
...keep us posted Alice
Sure thing, Sweet Cakes.

Suspect
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Update on my TAG Heuer Monaco   Update on my TAG Heuer Monaco Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 6:44 pm

I'm pretty relaxed. But for what I paid for that thing, I could easily get two Breitlings or three Omegas.

OR a big fat juicy vacation to Fiji.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on my TAG Heuer Monaco   Update on my TAG Heuer Monaco Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update on my TAG Heuer Monaco
Page 1 of 1