The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The FedEx man stopped by today...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

The FedEx man stopped by today... Empty
PostSubject: The FedEx man stopped by today...   The FedEx man stopped by today... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 2:53 pm

Before you guys go off on a tangent…he had a package for me and it was my new Dievas Vortex.
As you guys have probably seen out on the watch forums, there were varied opinions on this watch…here are my thoughts.

The watch was packaged very nicely and the presentation was excellent. The watch came with the usual items, nice leather watch box, Dievas polishing cloth and a leather warranty card holder. This watch is my first Titanium watch and is very light.

The FedEx man stopped by today... DSC05312
The FedEx man stopped by today... DSC05316

Here are the watch specs:
ETA2824-2 Automatic movement
Aerospace grade Titanium
44mm diameter
49mm diameter with crown
14mm thick
54mm lugs to lugs
500m Water resistant with automatic helium valve release
Domed sapphire crystal with anti reflective inside
Drilled through lugs with screw-in tube
Crown Position at 8 O’clock
Waterproof black leather strap with white stitching (22mm)

This watch was built by Fricker in Germany and the quality shows in the fit & finish of the watch. The margins are very tight on the watch and the design met all of my expectations. At first, I was unsure about the “lefty” crown position, but I actually like it after wearing the watch for a while! Here are a few pictures of the watch!

The FedEx man stopped by today... DSC05317
The FedEx man stopped by today... DSC05319
The FedEx man stopped by today... DSC05321-1
The FedEx man stopped by today... DSC05336
The FedEx man stopped by today... DSC05328

I really like the watch and will be keeping this one!! I would recommend it to anyone in the market for buying a nice, reasonably priced tactical dive watch!

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: The FedEx man stopped by today...   The FedEx man stopped by today... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 3:17 pm

Z-Freak wrote:
Great looking watch man. Kind of has that KOBOLD look to it, which is cool.

The part that would deter me is titanium, how are you adjusting to its lightness?

Great, bold look regardless!

Congrats and Enjoy!
Thanks Alan! It looks like a Kobold because the case is a Kobold SMG case!

I was hesitant to get a Ti watch because it scratches easily and the weight. After wearing it for a while, I forget that it is on my wrist...which is good IMHO! For the most part, I do not like a watch with alot of heft to it...

I have another coming next week...I have been looking for this one for a while!!!! I can't wait to get my dirty mits on it!!!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: The FedEx man stopped by today...   The FedEx man stopped by today... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 4:35 pm

Excellent Dievas andrema ! These watches are so good looking and I have always liked the
various designs that Dievas puts out there. This one has it all..and that German engineering
comes right through the screen. The Vortex is one FINE looking watch ! Very Happy Well made and oh
yes I like the packaging it came in too ! Smile
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: The FedEx man stopped by today...   The FedEx man stopped by today... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 10:37 pm

Sweet looking watch. I really like the case on that but can't see paying what Kobold wants for them. Nice clean dial is easy on the eyes too. Titanium is pretty easy to freshen up if you get any scratches, but the case itself won't suffer the abuse a Ti bracelet does. I can send you some info on a Orient Titanium I refinished if you want. Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: The FedEx man stopped by today...   The FedEx man stopped by today... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:25 am

Congrats Mark! I have a couple titanium watches and really like them. As you said, they are light on the wrist but feel and look good and I must say, Your Timepiece is looking real good! The unique part is that left sided crown. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: The FedEx man stopped by today...   The FedEx man stopped by today... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:42 am

Dale wrote:
That is a good looking diver and I like that case. Enjoy that snag!

merichar wrote:
Titanium is pretty easy to freshen up if you get any scratches, but the case itself won't suffer the abuse a Ti bracelet does. I can send you some info on a Orient Titanium I refinished if you want. Congratulations.

Mark I have a titanium beast I want to sell but I would like to get the desk diving marks off the bracelet before I start posting it. I would really appreciate some tips.

Dale-I will start another thread for Titanium refinishing.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: The FedEx man stopped by today...   The FedEx man stopped by today... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 3:39 pm

The only real difference (watch case only) between the Dievas and the Kobold SMG-1/Spirit of America is the water resistence and the movement.

Water resistence - SMG-1 ~ 300m / Vortex ~ 500m
Movement - "SMG-1" ~ K.793 (base caliber ETA 2836; modified) or "Spirit of America" ~ K.2651; German/U.S.-made (base caliber Forster 197; modified) / Vortex ~ ETA 2824-2

Either way...I love the Vortex!

PostSubject: Re: The FedEx man stopped by today...   The FedEx man stopped by today... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The FedEx man stopped by today...
Page 1 of 1