The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My other full time job...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

My other full time job... Empty
PostSubject: My other full time job...   My other full time job... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 9:24 pm

I only work 4 days a week at my "world wide leader in sports" job and spend the other weekday taking care of my kids...we usually go to the park or try to do something active. Here are a few crappy blackberry pics from last week...

My other full time job... Kidspark5
My other full time job... Kidspark3
My other full time job... Kidspark6

This is something that I actively pursued when negotiating my current job. On the days with my kids, I usually don't wear a watch...sounds funny, but I could care less what time it was when I am with them!! The thing that pushed me to do this was beacuse my dad was very busy when I was a kid and I wanted to make sure that I spent some quality time with the kids while they were young! Since my wife only works 3 days a week, the kids are only in daycare two days a week...a pretty good mix!
The funny part of my Monday trips is that I am usually the only male "stay at home mom" at the park...and no, I don't have a minivan lol!

Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: My other full time job...   My other full time job... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 12:31 am

WTG Mark!
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: My other full time job...   My other full time job... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 12:58 am

Good for you and the kids. There is help out there.... even for those who drive a minivan.
http://www.amazon.com/How-Feel-Manly-Minivan-Desperate/dp/0312363125
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: My other full time job...   My other full time job... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:44 am

Those pictures are fantastic Mark ! Thank you for sharing them
with us ! That right there is what it's all about ! cheers
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: My other full time job...   My other full time job... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 12:01 pm

cali kid wrote:
Good dad!! Mark, you work for ESPN??
Yep...ESPN & Walt Disney...

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: My other full time job...   My other full time job... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 12:02 pm

cali kid wrote:
Good dad!! Mark, you work for ESPN??
Yep...ESPN & Walt Disney...

I get out to CA (Burbank/Glendale) and FL (Orlando/Vero Beach) for work a couple times a year for work and play...They are great companies to work for if you have kids...stay free at the resorts and parks..etc...plus they are very flexible with my work schedule (as long as my team meets the filing deadlines!)

I will have to visit some of my ZMT buds on my next business trips...it could prove to be expensive though lol!

PostSubject: Re: My other full time job...   My other full time job... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My other full time job...
Page 1 of 1