The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Empty
PostSubject: It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all.   It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 5:45 pm

Sitting here, with 3 forum pages up in the tabs, killing time.

Thinking about the changes in my sense of obsession for all things WIS. I came in to the forums in March, just past, a true new-comer. Never had I been on a forum of any type, rarely spent any time on the net at all. Yet here I am some 9 short months later, gleaning information on movements and brands and who has what and who will get what, following the evolution in desires of people I have never met. I know more about virtual stranger's desires and infatuations than I know about most friends that I have had for many, many years. My own development in tastes is even more alarming, having moved from scatter shot "buy it if it's a deal", to now wanting a specific watch . . . be it make, model or brand.

This electronic cross stream we inhabit has allowed me to be influenced by forums and by individuals at each forum. I have already left the first board I landed at, and look back at it with a sense of distain, as if I have been cheated . . . and not allowed to flourish and follow my course, speak my piece and not stampede to the cliff. I have sat on the perimeter and watched as others have gone through the same trials . . . and I felt bad for them.

It has been an entirely new year for me, that is for sure. I have been fortunate, in the fact that I have been adopted by mentors . . . great, kind souls that picked up on my actions and statements and had the concern to question, just what the hell I was thinking. Thanks to you Gentlemen, you know yourselves, of whom I speak . . . you made the obsession a delight, steering and guiding me through . . . . I thank you greatly.

An early Happy New Year, to all that share this obsession . . . . may the next year be as good to you all, as this past year has been to me . . . .Randy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all.   It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 5:55 pm

Very nice read. Sounds like you've had a very good year overall with your watches and enjoyed learning more about our shared passion.

Just don't spend too much time here or answer too many questions or AH will start to wonder about you It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Suspect

Happy New Year and thanks for helping make this a great place to enjoy watches and discussing them. It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all.   It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:38 pm

Great post Randy, glad to hear that the transition was made and that you are happy with it. People see me blasting Invicta quite a bit, but I'm more into blasting the company that is quickly building a poor reputation for themselves because they are more concerned with dollars/sales than Customer Service and detail. You are only one of many including myself that woke up and didn't smell any kool-aid It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all.   It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:50 pm

Well written post, Randy. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all.   It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 7:07 pm

I know how you feel Randy. I started in this obsession a few years back. Have left the original forum where I was the 224th member. I too felt cheated and treated like dirt. Joined other forums looking for the right one. Then Alan and Ron invited me to become a member here. I've learned more about watches here than any other forum. I'm not saying that there isn't info to be found at other places....XMT just makes it more enjoyable. And you don't have to worry about speaking your mind. I've gone through the same progression as you and quite a few others here....buying the deal of all deals, never to be at that price again...to opting to move in a different direction. And also know more about friends I have made here but never actually met, then people I know in my daily life! Happy New Year to you and all my compandres here at XMT! Thanks for making this SMALL BUT GREAT FORUM my home base!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all.   It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 7:13 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
I know how you feel Randy. I started in this obsession a few years back. Have left the original forum where I was the 224th member. I too felt cheated and treated like dirt. Joined other forums looking for the right one. Then Alan and Ron invited me to become a member here. I've learned more about watches here than any other forum. I'm not saying that there isn't info to be found at other places....XMT just makes it more enjoyable. And you don't have to worry about speaking your mind. I've gone through the same progression as you and quite a few others here....buying the deal of all deals, never to be at that price again...to opting to move in a different direction. And also know more about friends I have made here but never actually met, then people I know in my daily life! Happy New Year to you and all my compandres here at XMT! Thanks for making this SMALL BUT GREAT FORUM my home base!

you got a little something on your nose there Duff It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Icon_cool It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Icon_lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all.   It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 7:29 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:

you got a little something on your nose there Duff It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Icon_cool It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Icon_lol

And a HEARTFELT BYTE ME to YOU NOOB! It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Icon_geek It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Icon_albino It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all.   It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:31 pm

That was FANTASTIC Randy !!! It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Icon_cheers You really said it ALL there !
It's terrific to see how much you put into that post. I think what
makes it so good..is that it's the truth..and your honesty comes
through loud and clear. You reflect a common thread here at XMT,
where everything about watches meets everything about the good
people who share this hobby. It's about you and us learning, growing,
and having fun with this great hobby. It's also about meeting people,
developing friendships, and appreciating what we have here !..Thanks
Again Randy and Thank ALL of You here at XMT !

PostSubject: Re: It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all.   It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:41 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:

It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. A065It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. S015
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all.   It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:49 pm

Docrwm wrote:

Just don't spend too much time here or answer too many questions or AH will start to wonder about you

I wonder about every one of us It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all.   It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:52 pm

Thanks for a very sincere post Randy...

I think we all go through some changes and have "moments of clarity" for ourselves in where we feel comfortable at a forum and in our collection...

Thanks for sharing your "addiction" with us!

PostSubject: Re: It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all.   It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's been a year, that's for sure . . . My New Year's wish to you all.
Page 1 of 1