The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rally Diver

Go down 
+2
andrema
Anomaly
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Rally Diver Empty
PostSubject: Rally Diver   Rally Diver Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:29 pm

Okay...not much of a mod but I'm learning. I was getting a little bored with my SKX007 so I decided to change it up a little. I ordered an aluminium chapter ring and bezel insert from Noah. I ordered a domed sapphire with AR coating from Harold (yobookies). The crystal is really cool because it has a nice bluish tint to it in certian lighting situations. The slight dome makes the watch look completely different. The pics don't really do it justice. I picked up a nice Hirsch Liberty from a guy at SCTF for $12. I know leather really doesn't belong on a diver but WTH.

It has been a real learning process. Putting it together and taking it apart again 2 or 3 times for various reasons (lint on the crystal, etc.). I learned what the tiny slivers of 2 sided tape that I initially discarded was for. The chapter ring won't stay zero'd without it. It will turn throughout the day. Arrrggghhh! I think it turned out pretty cool. I hope to learn how to change out dials and hands and do some more. it was pretty fun.

*thanks to Noah for posting the DIY threads
*thanks to Trevor for answering my stupid questions. The man has patience.

Thanks for looking!

Rally Diver OntheWrist287

Rally Diver OntheWrist289

Rally Diver OntheWrist288

Rally Diver OntheWrist286
Back to top Go down

Rally Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rally Diver   Rally Diver Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:32 pm

Very Cool. Congratulations! Rally Diver Icon_cheers

Rally Diver 812159
Back to top Go down

Rally Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rally Diver   Rally Diver Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:33 pm

Looks great...excellent job!!!
Back to top Go down

Rally Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rally Diver   Rally Diver Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:37 pm

Really neat, Ken. I like it as it is. It'll be interesting to see it when you've done more.
Back to top Go down

Rally Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rally Diver   Rally Diver Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:44 pm

Hey Ken nice job, I like it, looks good.
Back to top Go down

Rally Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rally Diver   Rally Diver Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:46 pm

Awesome job, it looks real good. I don't have the nerve to disassemble watches, good on ya.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Rally Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rally Diver   Rally Diver Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:25 pm

Dude, GREAT JOB!

IMO, those are some pretty major mods, way to get in there and DO IT!

Very cool, very cool indeed.

Senior Associate
andrema

Rally Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rally Diver   Rally Diver Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:32 pm

Great job man!

I agree on the strap...its very nice, but doesn't belong on a diver. I think that soft leather strap that Trevor uses on his mod may work really nice...or maybe a waffle rubber strap...

Either way, you are a braver man than I (so far). I will get the stones to do this at some point...

Rally Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rally Diver   Rally Diver Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:40 am

. . . .Excellent choices on your components Ken. Really looks sharp!!! Heckuva good job on the work, never ever guess you hadn't done one before!

Keep it up and you'll be a micro industry . . . . Randy.

Oh, and the strap doesn't look that bad . . . .
Back to top Go down

Rally Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rally Diver   Rally Diver Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:54 am

Great job, Ken Rally Diver Icon_cheers You are a brave soul to take on a modding project.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Rally Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rally Diver   Rally Diver Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:58 am

Hey Ken, I think you did a fabulous mod job! I'd have to work up some nerve to take on a task like that.
Back to top Go down

Rally Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rally Diver   Rally Diver Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:18 am

Keep it up man! The more guys that can do this kind of stuff the better for all of us.
Back to top Go down

Rally Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rally Diver   Rally Diver Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:50 am

falcon4311 wrote:
Awesome job, it looks real good. I don't have the nerve to disassemble watches, good on ya.

Yeah, me either, the nerve, the skills, the tools, the ability, the know how, the BALLS (and I don't mean the brand). Rally Diver Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Rally Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rally Diver   Rally Diver Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:50 am

Are you kidding me !!!! Rally Diver Icon_eek Rally Diver Icon_cyclops Rally Diver Icon_biggrin This is just OUTSTANDING Ken !
I really don't know where to begin here. The watch is simply a
knockout !!!..From the dial, and spectacular bezel, to that terrific
chapter ring..the watch is ASTONISHING !..LOOK at THAT strap
too !..Are you sure you aren't an expert at this Ken ? Rally Diver Icon_cheers

Rally Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rally Diver   Rally Diver Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 4:03 am

Great job Ken!
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Rally Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rally Diver   Rally Diver Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 6:15 am

I really like the red on the bezel insert....looks great!!

Rally Diver Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

Rally Diver Empty
PostSubject: Good work, man...I'd not seen one of those inserts actually in use yet...   Rally Diver Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 7:09 am

and it looks freakin' sweet with that Rally bezel...nice choice.

Ditchdoc wrote:
Okay...not much of a mod but I'm learning. I was getting a little bored with my SKX007 so I decided to change it up a little. I ordered an aluminium chapter ring and bezel insert from Noah. I ordered a domed sapphire with AR coating from Harold (yobookies). The crystal is really cool because it has a nice bluish tint to it in certian lighting situations. The slight dome makes the watch look completely different. The pics don't really do it justice. I picked up a nice Hirsch Liberty from a guy at SCTF for $12. I know leather really doesn't belong on a diver but WTH.

It has been a real learning process. Putting it together and taking it apart again 2 or 3 times for various reasons (lint on the crystal, etc.). I learned what the tiny slivers of 2 sided tape that I initially discarded was for. The chapter ring won't stay zero'd without it. It will turn throughout the day. Arrrggghhh! I think it turned out pretty cool. I hope to learn how to change out dials and hands and do some more. it was pretty fun.

*thanks to Noah for posting the DIY threads
*thanks to Trevor for answering my stupid questions. The man has patience.

Thanks for looking!

Rally Diver OntheWrist287

Rally Diver OntheWrist289

Rally Diver OntheWrist288

Rally Diver OntheWrist286
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

Rally Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rally Diver   Rally Diver Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 11:22 am

I love the black and red. Ya done good Doc!!!
Back to top Go down

Rally Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rally Diver   Rally Diver Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 11:25 am

UH OH!!! Noah and Jake are gonna be having some competition soon! Looks good Ken! Rally Diver Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down

Rally Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rally Diver   Rally Diver Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 11:37 am

Those small changes gave the 007 a whole new look. nice work Doc. I like it, cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rally Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rally Diver   Rally Diver Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rally Diver
Page 1 of 1