The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meccaniche Veloci Rally

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Meccaniche Veloci Rally Empty
PostSubject: Meccaniche Veloci Rally   Meccaniche Veloci Rally Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 2:57 pm

I have seen this brand mentioned a couple of times both here and elsewhere but haven't really read anyone's impressions. I researched a few of their models and this one really stood out so I thought I would give it a shot. I found one on Ebay being sold by Proworth. I have heard good things about their service so I went ahead and ordered it. I must also echo all of the positive things about Proworth. It came in today and I am REALLY impressed.

The case is made of stainless steel and measures 43.5mm with a 22mm lug width and about 48mm lug to lug. The Meccaniche Veloci logo, which is a 12 tooth gear, is represented in several ways on this watch from the crown and the case back to even the entire bezel. It's movement is a Valjoux 7750 with the date at 6 o'clock and no constant running seconds.

The watch came with an Italian made canvas strap stitched with a leather bottom. The buckle is a Pre-V style again with the Meccaniche Veloci logo. It is pretty stiff out of the box, but I'm sure it will soften up after wearing it.

The dial is my favorite part of this watch. The center is textured like a fine sandpaper while the outer ring is smooth. The subdials have a sun ray finish and have that "record" look. At 6 o'clock, the ring that serves as the chronograph's hour register is suspended above the dial, giving it a really cool 3-D effect. I tried my best to capture all of this in the pictures but couldn't get it all.

Overall, I am very pleased with this watch. I wasn't sure what to expect at first, but I am very glad I gave it a chance.

Meccaniche Veloci Rally 1243164883_photobucket_96600_

Meccaniche Veloci Rally 1243164883_photobucket_96602_

Meccaniche Veloci Rally 1243164883_photobucket_96612_

Meccaniche Veloci Rally 1243164883_photobucket_96609_

Meccaniche Veloci Rally 1243164883_photobucket_96616_

Meccaniche Veloci Rally 1243164883_photobucket_96629_
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Meccaniche Veloci Rally   Meccaniche Veloci Rally Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 8:52 pm

Oh man Russgreenebean, what a BEAUTY you have here ! Meccaniche Veloci Rally 803574 ..Definitely remember
this brand, they make such different looking watches imho. They don't look like other
watches out there, and they look like they belong on the covers of various different
watch magazines. ..Just the whole combination of unique cases, and dials is enough to
make you happy. Also think that having the top notch movements, attention to the
various details, along with just overall outstanding looking quality with everything is
REALLY impressive. Congratulations on giving these watches a chance ! Smile ..Have to
first say Russgreenebean, that it must be great to be one of the first to have a Meccaniche
Veloci. So many times we see a lot of watches that catch the eye, but to actually be a
pioneer, and be one of the first to try one out must be very very cool. Cool Thanks for
such a detailed description of everything, it looks like a SPECTACULAR watch. Kind of
hard to find a part of the watch to start with first to tell the truth, but this case is
just terrific here. The size you mentioned is just perfect, while all of that attention
to detail with it is amazing as well. For example the way that MV used their logo in
the bezel itself, or the way the crown, and case-back show it off. The overall shape,
and way those notches are done with the bezel is once again something that you
might expect to see on a VERY high end watch on a watch magazine cover. Add to
that, the bead blasted finish, along with careful finishing, and the Rally becomes that
much more enjoyable. Even the dial makes you smile with it's multiple levels, accents,
along with styles. It's like MV wanted to give you a modern, almost futuristic type
of watch, but with some classic ques. The way the various levels, or steps with the
dial works is exceptional. There is a three dimensional feel, but also a lot of care in
how everything is pieced together. An example of that could be how around the sub
dial at 12 o'clock, and 6 o'clock, there are those circular shapes cut out like that.
The extra outside circle at the 6 o'clock one is FANTASTIC as well, and so are all
of the other accents on the dial. Like the look of the numbers, markers, and MV
logo ! Meccaniche Veloci Rally 46145..Those hands bring in a touch from the past also by the way, with their
smooth, classy style as well. It's just a neat combination of elements imho. The
watch is modern, and sporty, but still incredibly classic looking too. What a GREAT
looking case-back design also Russgreenebean ! Not only did MV do a very nice
job finishing it, but once again, as you pointed out, the Meccaniche Veloci emblem
is right there once again. Hey, and how about that canvas strap there ! THAT fits
the watch perfectly, and couldn't be NICER either. Congratulations once again. This
Rally Rocks ! Meccaniche Veloci Rally 933578..Enjoy !

Beautiful watch, along with pictures of it !

PostSubject: Re: Meccaniche Veloci Rally   Meccaniche Veloci Rally Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 9:07 pm

Thank you so much Tom. Just reading your response got me just as hyped up as when I was un-boxing this thing. lol!

AtomicTom wrote:
Add to
that, the bead blasted finish, along with careful finishing, and the Rally becomes that
much more enjoyable.

I forgot to mention the bead blast finish. It is super clean and even all over the watch. It is even uniform in the nooks and crannies of the gear-like bezel, which I'm sure is not easy to do.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Meccaniche Veloci Rally   Meccaniche Veloci Rally Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 9:12 pm

russgreenebean wrote:
Thank you so much Tom. Just reading your response got me just as hyped up as when I was un-boxing this thing. lol!

AtomicTom wrote:
Add to
much more enjoyable.

I forgot to mention the bead blast finish. It is super clean and even all over the watch. It is even uniform in the nooks and crannies of the gear-like bezel, which I'm sure is not easy to do.

You're very welcome RGB ! Smile That's definitely one to be hyped about right there. The bead blasting, look of the
watch, and quality of everything is really incredible sir. ..I hope you enjoy it !

PostSubject: Re: Meccaniche Veloci Rally   Meccaniche Veloci Rally Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meccaniche Veloci Rally
Page 1 of 1