The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . .

Go down 
+2
jaw
Anomaly
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Empty
PostSubject: Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . .   Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 5:54 pm

. . . . I don't pay much attention to these guys, but I should. Two are mine from when-ever during my travels . . . . and two are from my grandfathers.

This one I picked up somewhere, probably a dime store item, but I like it . . . .

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . IMG_0133

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . IMG_0134

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . IMG_0136

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . IMG_0137

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . IMG_0138

. . . . This one is cool as hell. Hamilton movement, and its a 24 hour dial. It is inscibed on the caseback with all kinds of order references, like it was a trainman's piece or something of that nature . . .

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . IMG_0127

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . IMG_0128

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . IMG_0129

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . IMG_0130

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . IMG_0131

. . . . this one was my mother's father's. He was gifted it by a neighbour who passed.

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . IMG_0120

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . IMG_0122

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . IMG_0125

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . IMG_0126

. . . . and the very best for last!!! This one was my father's father's. My grandfather Joe was an NHLer in the early days. He started as a coal miner in Canmore, Alberta (Close to home eh' Don???) and played hockey for the company mine. He was sold by the mining company to the NHL. He played for Boston, the Rangers and the Americans, as well as Cleveland and a number of other minor loeague teams. This watch was a gift from the townpeople of Canmore when he was sent up to play in the league. It is a Birks, a large Canadian Jewelers.The matchbook is like a players card from the day . . .

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . IMG_0114

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . IMG_0115

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . IMG_0116

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . IMG_0117

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . IMG_0118

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . IMG_0119

. . . . got any obscurities laying around??? Drag 'em out and let's see em' guys!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . .   Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:07 pm

I don't have any but you do have a nice collection of them. That hockey card you have of Joe Jerwa is very cool, that is some piece of history.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . .   Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:14 pm

falcon4311 wrote:
I don't have any but you do have a nice collection of them. That hockey card you have of Joe Jerwa is very cool, that is some piece of history.

. . Thanks Don. I'm extremely proud of my Canadian heritage. Banff and the Canmore areas are the most beautiful spots on earth. And since I grew up at Whistler . . . . well, that says something!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . .   Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:15 pm

I agree, that area is one of Canada's real gems Randy.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . .   Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:26 pm

Dude those are INCREDIBLE time pieces...WOW!

Those movement are GORGEOUS!

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . .   Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:26 pm

Very cool stuff.
The Hamilton might be military issue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . .   Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:29 pm

foghorn wrote:
Very cool stuff.
The Hamilton might be military issue.

. . . .Might be military Foggy. Gotta check with Chauncey Jack over at Geeks, he is really up on pockets . . .
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . .   Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:36 pm

Nice - Thanks.
Still lookin to replace an old Hamilton 21 Jewel heirloom that probably made me a closet watchgeek as a kid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . .   Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 7:20 pm

Those pocket watches are freakin OUTSTANDING Randy! I've always been intrigued by pocket watches but aren't practical for me. And the one of your Grandfather's is just AWESOME. Quite an honor by his fans! Great stuff Bro.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . .   Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 7:44 pm

Randy those are awesome, very cool.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . .   Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 9:15 pm

Very cool Randy!! Thanks for showing us...interesting pieces and great story!!

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . .   Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 9:41 pm

Very nice pocket watches! My Dad collects pocket watches and he he just happens to be visiting right now. He collects mostly Howard's but has a few Hamilton's as well. The 992 is a model number of a very popular model from them. They were railroad watches. I showed him the picture of your 4992b. He thinks it was a military watch based on the 24 hour dial and all the caseback markings. A very unique watch none the less
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . .   Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 12:02 am

Very cool watches, It's so awesome you have the watch and card with info on it!! I have 5 or 6 of them....I'll post some photos when I get back home.

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . .   Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:56 am

Those are simply AMAZING pocket watches Randy !..I like ALL of them ! Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Icon_smile
The Hamilton movement is stunning to look at and the Elgin has some
unbelievable etching and decoration. That last pocket watch has a great
story behind it too with the Hockey player and those playing cards ! Just
Terrific to see ! Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Icon_biggrin It's a fantastic collection you have and I enjoyed seeing
them..Thanks !!!

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . .   Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:16 am

Very nice. Gorgeous timepieces, I would love to have some of the ones I have seen. Prior to the World Wars, pocketwatches were what they used and were somewhat a luxury item. Interesting story about your Grandfather.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . .   Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:08 am

Here's a couple shots of my great grandpappy's 1898 Elgin, 17 Jewels, 18S, grade 144. This would have come in a Solid gold hunter case originally but somebody sold the gold long ago, now in a nickle-silver case (hence the side-winder action).

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . ElginPocket007

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Elginfinished003

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Elginfinished009

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . .   Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:15 am

Beautiful piece Gary. Ah, pride in craftsmanship! What a concept.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . .   Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you guys do Pocket Watches . . . . I've got a few . . .
Page 1 of 1