The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!

Go down 
+6
AtomicTom
merichar
sooner
smellody
PoliMalaka
Anomaly
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Empty
PostSubject: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:21 am

No even in the same country much less the ball park to get this but MAN, this watch TOTALLY ROCKS!

Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Omega_ploprof

Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:23 am

One of the badest watches on the market right now. So bad ass.

I would kill several of you to get it. I would kill several of you for fun, but the watch would be a nice bonus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:24 am

?????? Is that an Omega dial in a Seiko Alien case??????? geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:27 am

I'm sorry but I have never liked this watch nor do I like the Ocean 7 homage which is virtually identical.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:32 am

Dial/Bezel, yes. Bracelet, yes. Case, umm, no. Not unless I was starring in a remake of "Sea Hunt" or serious deep diving daily, which I wouldn't do.

Last edited by porschefan on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:32 am

I love it!
Back to top Go down
sooner
Associate

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:37 am

I'm with Don . . . never been a fan. If I could bring myself to part with that much money for a watch, it wouldn't be a Ploprof. But to each his own, and I realize I'm in the minority on this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:45 am

porschefan wrote:
Dial/Bezel, yes. Bracelet, yes. Case, umm, no. Not unless I was starring in a remake of "Sea Hunt" or serious deep diving daily, which I wouldn't do.

...and the 55mm x 48mm is too big for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:48 am

Bezel....Rules
Handset....Rules
Mesh...Rules

Case....Fails

I'm actually curious as to why Omega would re-issue this watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:49 am

OK, you have redeemed yourself! They say this new omega ploprof is better than the original, now you only need about 8 grand!!

The original..

Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! 6iba1d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:51 am

Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 2:47 am

That watch is as ridiculous as some of the huge Invictas. Fanboys aside, Alan has proven today that even Omega makes some crap.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:27 am

The Ploprof is just cool anyway you slice it IMHO ! Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_cool The shape of the case
is otherworldly and outstanding. The dial is stunningly perfect, while the mesh
bracelet BELONGS on this awesome monster of a watch ! It even looks great
with different straps too..it's really something else !

Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Ploprof_orange_strap_sm

Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Ploprof_black_strap_sm

Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:36 am

I honestly don't like it. I think it looks a little strange and the band is not for me.
I am sure it is made well and has all the Omega guts inside, but I would never wear it.
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:10 am

That Omega totally kicks ass! Bill Bartlett has had one for a long time and I drool over it whenever he chooses to post a wrist check photo of it. But six grand? No thanks. Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Kopfschuettel
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 7:51 am

They have one at the local Tourneau.
One of the few watches that looks better in pictures.
Way to big and goofy looking.
It was made to serve a specific purpose,which was not everyday casual wear.
Russian Diverish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 8:25 am

Flacom took the words right out of my mouth. Ditto on both accounts. Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Kopfschuettel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:30 am

I like the mesh.......
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:33 am

Nope...never like the proprof...plus it is a homage of the Ocean 7 original design!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:46 am

andrema wrote:
Nope...never like the proprof...plus it is a homage of the Ocean 7 original design!

Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_bounce Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_bounce Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_bounce

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 11:27 am

falcon4311 wrote:
I'm sorry but I have never liked this watch nor do I like the Ocean 7 homage which is virtually identical.

I agree!! This has go to be one of the ugliest watches ever and own lots of ugly watches.

Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 11:50 am

Okay, I don't like it.
Seriously.
Loathe, detest, abhor the case and crown protector. Looks like something that should come in a yellow box. Yuck, blech, meh!
However, the bracelet, dial and bezel are sweet.
Talk to me again when the Nicholas Hayek & the company finish their bad acid trip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 2:43 pm

Nope. FUGLY and HUGE. Weighs a ton, buttons are useless and will snag on things, and it costs a mint. Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 2:55 pm

Until Omega reissued it i thought real hard about the O7 lm7, a true HOMAGE at the time because Omega didnt make it anymore! Now it's just another replica but with the success of the O7 i'm sure Omega decided it was time to get back into the game!! BTW you can pick up a used O7 for around 700 bones!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:32 pm

That is the ONLY watch out there that I would love to have. To me it doesn't get much more original. When you see that watch you KNOW it's an Omega. Like Poli said, it's a BADASS watch Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!   Tell me you don't like THIS Omega! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tell me you don't like THIS Omega!
Page 1 of 1