The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Monsters accuracy is surprising.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

My Monsters accuracy is surprising. Empty
PostSubject: My Monsters accuracy is surprising.   My Monsters accuracy is surprising. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:33 am

A couple guys mentioned that the Monster isn’t one of the most accurate watches in Seiko’s lineup. The first one I owned maintained a +1 variance over 24 hours which shocked me, literally. Monster number 2 last night at this time was sitting +6, after 24 hours it’s now sitting at +10 which gives me a variance of +4. So did I just get lucky or were you guys yanking my chain? This is some pretty impressive timekeeping IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Monsters accuracy is surprising.   My Monsters accuracy is surprising. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:40 am

Seiko says they are 15-20, but usually run much better.
I never really timed my Monster, but my 6-r-15 Sumo was COSC equivalent.
You have a great watch don
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Monsters accuracy is surprising.   My Monsters accuracy is surprising. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:46 am

Very nice!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Monsters accuracy is surprising.   My Monsters accuracy is surprising. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:05 am

Well, I will say that I am very impressed. The only 2 things I wish they would change in the movement is to give it the ability to hack and manual winding. Other than that it's an awesome watch, I'm very happy.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: My Monsters accuracy is surprising.   My Monsters accuracy is surprising. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:08 am

Sounds like things are running...

...right on time!

PostSubject: Re: My Monsters accuracy is surprising.   My Monsters accuracy is surprising. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:12 am

You bet, I won't be doing any bracelet changes on this one.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: My Monsters accuracy is surprising.   My Monsters accuracy is surprising. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:16 am

VERY good news Don..I'm happy for you ! My Monsters accuracy is surprising. Icon_smile These Monsters always
sound impressive in so many ways. It's no surprise that they also tell
time well ! My Monsters accuracy is surprising. Icon_cheers Congratulations !

PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: My Monsters accuracy is surprising.   My Monsters accuracy is surprising. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:15 am

Neat!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Monsters accuracy is surprising.   My Monsters accuracy is surprising. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi Don,I am glad you like the monster!my first monster(orange)ran about 11 seconds fast,not too bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Monsters accuracy is surprising.   My Monsters accuracy is surprising. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:53 pm

Even at 11 seconds, that's real good. My blue Oceanaire runs at +15 and the black IP is at +8 so yes I'm very happy. Thanks again Steve.
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

PostSubject: Re: My Monsters accuracy is surprising.   My Monsters accuracy is surprising. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:26 pm

My OM, which I love, initially was running about +10 to 15 seconds/24 hours. It's settled down to +6 seconds/24 hours which, I think, is pretty fantastic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Monsters accuracy is surprising.   My Monsters accuracy is surprising. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 3:21 pm

ramirez1970, +6 is awesome. I thought with all the talk about Seiko's not so accurate autos that this Monster would be running way off but I am very pleased. Sorry to those of you that find accuracy threads are boring but at least we are discussing watches. And yes, I do like to know how accurate they run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Monsters accuracy is surprising.   My Monsters accuracy is surprising. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Monsters accuracy is surprising.
Page 1 of 1