The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

found this one at DWC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

found this one at DWC Empty
PostSubject: found this one at DWC   found this one at DWC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:19 am

Hi guys,

As mentioned in the introduction to our company, we have been keen on developing a dive watch on these forums, and obviously partially funding the production of it through pre-sales. Whether the second part happens is immaterial but more important is getting actual feedback and suggestions rather than just dictating a design. I personally am not a diver, neither do I profess to being an expert at the requirements of dive watches, so will need some technical guidance.

We started the design a couple of months ago but as life took over, have stopped the development work for a couple of months. The following designs are where we are at the moment, nothing is set in stone, some things are already scheduled to change but I want to hear what you guys thought first. The crown location may be based on the movements we chose, right now we have been thinking of three; A Power Reserve, 24H GMT and another which is undecided. Fire away:

found this one at DWC Diver_001

found this one at DWC Diver_3

found this one at DWC Diver_2

No one had posted yet, Very cool case and bezel design, dig the sandwich dial and build it at the 44 mm range and i think the guy has a winner!!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: found this one at DWC   found this one at DWC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:20 am

AWESOME looking watch cause it "don't look like anything else" really...

PostSubject: Re: found this one at DWC   found this one at DWC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:27 am

Love it!
Bezel and dial look great and a different case with some lugs that I like
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: found this one at DWC   found this one at DWC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:34 am

the guy would get more input over here, he has 4 post so i bet gabe brought him in!! something like that would be a real cool XMT forum watch!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: found this one at DWC   found this one at DWC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:43 am

very something different looking, I like it found this one at DWC Icon_biggrin But manufacturing this case might be pretty expensive, because they have to do it from 0.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: found this one at DWC   found this one at DWC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:58 am

WOW, now that is a watch I could get into. Any idea on the price or availability (what sort of time frame are we looking at)?

Last edited by falcon4311 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: found this one at DWC   found this one at DWC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 3:49 am

found this one at DWC Icon_eek This watch is definitely on the right path !..The unique case is something
you don't see. It has different levels to it and the bezel continues that theme
as well. Even the dial and hands are done nicely ! found this one at DWC Icon_smile I give it, two thumbs up ! found this one at DWC Icon_cheers
Thanks for finding this Trevor !

SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

PostSubject: Re: found this one at DWC   found this one at DWC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 5:20 am

Cool, every part seems a little bit unique. After so many boutique divers looking so similar to each other it is nice to discover something that tries to offer a unique look without being crazy.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: found this one at DWC   found this one at DWC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:18 pm

I really like the overall look of it, does'nt remind me of anything in particular so thats good. I have some concern with the raised bezel. If its just an insert, it could be broken by snagging on something, if its solid it should hold up but would still snag on things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: found this one at DWC   found this one at DWC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:21 pm

Interesting. Looks relatively unique, which is what I see folks here liking, and it seems VERY readable from the contrast of colors and sizes of hands used. Certainly not a cookie cutter approach to yet another dive watch.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: found this one at DWC   found this one at DWC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:24 pm

Linkk him to our feedback Cali!

I can say if he pulls it off and it looks as good as the CAD version, depending on price, I'd be VERY interested!

PostSubject: Re: found this one at DWC   found this one at DWC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:28 pm

In looking at it more closely, I have come to the following conclusions:

1 - bezel may be a snagger and should be something thought out more
2 - the date is too small - either loose it or enlarge it
3 - the sides of the case are squared off top to bottom and that can be uncomfortable in a case - perhaps consider rounding them like the 007/009 and precursor Seiko cases.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: found this one at DWC   found this one at DWC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:43 pm

I like the Bezel and Clean dial but:

1. Make Date Window larger
2. Ensure you have a nice radius on the Bezel "teeth", or as Doc stated, it will snag.
3. Not a fan of the square bottom case sticking out. Maybe come
straight out from the lugs and undercut the rest so that it blends well
under the circular Bezel.
4. Put a lume dot on the seconds hand.
5. Ensure the bezel indicators are CNC cut and not just printed. Maybe add lume to the Bezel at the main 0, 3, 6, 9 indicators.

Lot's of potential with this one, good luck with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: found this one at DWC   found this one at DWC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

found this one at DWC
Page 1 of 1