The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Empty
PostSubject: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:06 pm

Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... J178605_01_detail&$350x350_jpg$
ShopNBC Price: $83.25
Retail value: $250.00
Shipping & Handling: $9.99

So, $93.24 shipped and no real info on who manufactured it or if its actually water tight.

Or you could go with this:
Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... 510yXxh7UXL._SL500_AA280_Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... 41o6EheaSiL._SL500_AA280_
List Price: $54.02
Price: $37.95
Shipping: $Free for Amazon Prime Members
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:15 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... J178605_01_detail&$350x350_jpg$

So, $93.24 shipped and no real info on who manufactured it or if its actually water tight.

Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... 510yXxh7UXL._SL500_AA280_Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... 41o6EheaSiL._SL500_AA280_

What do you mean by this?
SNBC and Invicta have every right to sell their product for whatever they want and are not required to list the minute details like WR of a watch box.
Do they imply in the ad copy that it is designed for marine use??
It is up to the buyer to do the research and make the right decision.
Why are you so infatuated with TV sales??
If you are in the market then,by all means get the Amazon case.
If not then why try to stoke the fires??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:18 pm

foghorn wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

SNBC and Invicta have every right to sell their product for whatever they want and are not required to list the minute details like WR of a watch box.

Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... 744742 censored
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:50 pm

See rubber gasket on cover
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:51 pm

Wisconsin Proud wrote:

You mean the one on the "I" that is about 1/4 the width of the one on the Storm Case?
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:53 pm

GOSH!
Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Nd
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:14 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Wisconsin Proud wrote:

You mean the one on the "I" that is about 1/4 the width of the one on the Storm Case?

Yes, that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:15 pm

foghorn wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

Well said, sir, well said!
Does EVERY thread have to degenerate into bashing Mr. Lalo and ShopNBC?
I, for one, have had enough, I tell you!
ENOUGH!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:17 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
GOSH!
Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Nd

Your HS Pic? Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:18 pm

Incoming!
Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Ups
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:41 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Incoming!
Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Ups

. . . this post is blatantly sexist in its content.

. . . Thank You Doc, I appreciate it!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:47 pm

I want her to kick and stomp on my package.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:07 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_sad

I'd rather some good old fashion CS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:26 pm

What can brown do for you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 7:37 pm

WatchNoob wrote:

No more Boilermakers for this guy - he's CUT OFF!
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:03 pm

I wonder where they got the idea? Here are some pics of a larger Pelican case I made. I bought this for about $90 and it is waterproof. It was posted on WG last March.

Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... DSCF2114PB-1

Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... DSCF2116PB-1

Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... DSCF2110PB-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Nice job on that case Mark. How attached are you to that Neo? Talk to me hommie!
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:24 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
Nice job on that case Mark. How attached are you to that Neo? Talk to me hommie!

Anythings negotiable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:34 pm

merichar wrote:
I wonder where they got the idea? Here are some pics of a larger Pelican case I made. I bought this for about $90 and it is waterproof. It was posted on WG last March.

Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... DSCF2114PB-1

Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... DSCF2116PB-1

Another Invicta homage. You are in good company.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:26 pm

merichar wrote:

Would you mind sharing how you cut the openings for the watches? Yours look unusually tidy and I'd appreciate learning about your method.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:46 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Would you mind sharing how you cut the openings for the watches? Yours look unusually tidy and I'd appreciate learning about your method.

I'll let Mark tell you, Doc. But it's what makes Pelican the best case company around.

edit: I just noticed Mark isn't on line right now... so if I may. Look closely at the foam around the watches, and to the lower right, where the light is hitting the foam... see the lines? The foam is geometrically pre-cut, so all you have to do is pull out however many pieces are needed to fit whatever you're packing. I've set a few of these up the carry camera and sound equipment. They really are the best for the price.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:59 pm

porschefan wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

I'll let Mark tell you, Doc. But it's what makes Pelican the best case company around.

edit: I just noticed Mark isn't on line right now... so if I may. Look closely at the foam around the watches, and to the lower right, where the light is hitting the foam... see the lines? The foam is geometrically pre-cut, so all you have to do is pull out however many pieces are needed to fit whatever you're packing. I've set a few of these up the carry camera and sound equipment. They really are the best for the price.

Thanks. Haven't fiddled with that stuff in years. Used to guide on the Chattooga and Ocoee rivers and we used them for our 1st aid and other sensitive equipment. Back then cutting the foam was a real chore and it never looked good when you were done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:02 pm

Yep, did the same with an Anvil case for a wireless mic. Different sized foam blocks, ragged ass edges.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:10 pm

I'll add another picture. The pluck and pull foam works just as Tim stated. You remove as much as you need-the cubes are roughly 1/4 inch square. There is left a foam layer below and the egg crate foam on top to cradle your item. I used these high density foam (water noodles or pipe insulation) cut to relatively wrist size to hold watches firmly in place. You'd have to run over the case with a bulldozer to damage the watches.

Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... DSCF2117PB-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:13 pm

merichar wrote:
I'll add another picture. The pluck and pull foam works just as Tim stated. You remove as much as you need-the cubes are roughly 1/4 inch square. There is left a foam layer below and the egg crate foam on top to cradle your item. I used these high density foam (water noodles or pipe insulation) cut to relatively wrist size to hold watches firmly in place. You'd have to run over the case with a bulldozer to damage the watches.

Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... DSCF2117PB-1

Thanks. That looks terrific. I remember how robust they were 25 years ago and can only imagine that they are even better made today. Looks to be another company Hardigg Storm Cases that has a similar product.

Really like the noodle idea instead of pillows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:16 pm

Mark, someone else here did the same thing with the pipe insulation, and I think that is pure MacGyver-like ingenuity.
Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Macgyver2rs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 1:12 am

Great case mark! i would buy a storm chaser, that invicta box licks ass!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:13 am

cali kid wrote:

Done. Now the waiting begins. I got a smaller one to start just to see if I like it. <$40 shipped and should do 6 watches easily if the dimensions are right.
Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... 312RnY-vPuL._SL500_AA200_
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:31 am

Docrwm wrote:
cali kid wrote:

Done. Now the waiting begins. I got a smaller one to start just to see if I like it. <$40 shipped and should do 6 watches easily if the dimensions are right.

Should be cool, I want pics ASAP!

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:38 am

Anomaly wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
cali kid wrote:

Should be cool, I want pics ASAP!

Just got the email - shipping 2/1 by Ground (but it was free shipping).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 1:43 pm

Cool case but it just seems like a lot of real estate to hold 6 watches. Let us know how you like it when you get it.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 1:53 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
Cool case but it just seems like a lot of real estate to hold 6 watches. Let us know how you like it when you get it.....

You could be right. It's sort of an experiment for me. I bought it for several reasons. I haven't done any kayaking or rafting in years. The whole area has changed so much, I looked online and the boats are way different, the gear is way better seeming, etc. Anyway, the price was right and it gives me a chance to look at the seals, the valve, and the entire setup for next to nothing while getting what is supposed to be a truly excellent piece of equipment. If its holds more comfortably Great! If not, I'll still be happy to have examined it and learned a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:38 pm

In an effort to be helpful, here are some relevant links:

Hardigg Storm Cases get great reviews and I found this info sheet with dimensions and stuff:
http://www.stormcase.com/StormSizeList.htm

Amazon seems to have them for the cheapest right now through a Camera supply affiliate - and you get free shipping even if you're not an Amazon Prime member.

Hardigg Industries iM2050 Storm Case, Watertight, Padlockable Case, with Multilayer Cubed Foam, Yellow
$37.95 + Free Shipping
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CBHHRA/ref=oss_product

Bigger one at:
Hardigg Industries Im2100 Storm Case, Watertight, Padlockable Case, with Multilayer Cubed Foam, Yellow
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CD159E/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=photo
for $68.95 + Free Shipping
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....   Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Those guys will buy (and pay) anything.....sad....
Page 1 of 1