The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You guys ok???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

You guys ok??? Empty
PostSubject: You guys ok???   You guys ok??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 4:54 pm

. . . The weather on the right bank looks pretty bad!

All you careening east-cakers doing all right???

Hope so . . . . looks to be a wicked storm!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

You guys ok??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: You guys ok???   You guys ok??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:03 pm

wagon wrote:
. . . The weather on the right bank looks pretty bad!

All you careening east-cakers doing all right???

Hope so . . . . looks to be a wicked storm!
I'll let you know...I'm off to go get some bread and milk before the anarchy starts cheers

CT is fine...got just 4 or 5 inches. Our NJ boys probably got hammered with 1 or 2 feet!

You guys ok??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: You guys ok???   You guys ok??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:09 pm

. . . Hardy soul you are Mark! Be careful venturing into the void . . .
Back to top Go down

You guys ok??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: You guys ok???   You guys ok??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 7:04 pm

It's rough here too. We had to wear coats to soccer practice this afternoon Shocked
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

You guys ok??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: You guys ok???   You guys ok??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:15 pm

We are good here in Staten island now...We got hit with 2ft of snow but thanks to the sanitation dept they went to work hard core here with the salt trucks and plows. I finally got out of my house last night around 7pm after they finally plowed...
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

You guys ok??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: You guys ok???   You guys ok??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:21 pm

Yup things are fine here ! You guys ok??? Icon_smile We basically got around 18 inches or so !
You basically take your time driving, shoveling and snow blowing etc.
The day before the storm is always something, because everyone is
always at the super markets. It's really crazy, especially when we only
end up getting a few inches. This time though, we got a good amount !
Believe it or not, as long as your not out in these storms, they can be
fun !..Hopefully everyone else made out o.k. as well !

You guys ok??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: You guys ok???   You guys ok??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:31 am

. . . glad to hear you guys are good. Been a rough winter out there for you . . .
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

You guys ok??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: You guys ok???   You guys ok??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:36 am

We get 250 to 300 inches every year here (Lake effect mostly) so this is NOTHING.....barely noticed the 18-24 inches or so the last couple days. Feel sorry for you city folks who are not used to it.

You guys ok??? Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

You guys ok??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: You guys ok???   You guys ok??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:49 am

Here in Indy we've had more this year than many of the last few years. With that said, we've had a lot melt the last couple of days so it's starting to look better. We are supposed to get more today. I can't imagine what you all on the right coast are having to deal with. It has to be a pain in the ass at least! I know I'm VERY ready for spring to come!! Good luck over there and be safe!
Back to top Go down

You guys ok??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: You guys ok???   You guys ok??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:14 am

rained today and i got my shoes wet, that sucks and it really pissed my off!! You guys ok??? 500253 You guys ok??? 744742 sorry guys looks like you're getting buried back there, 24" of snow over night at central park, crazy!
Back to top Go down

You guys ok??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: You guys ok???   You guys ok??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:31 am

. . . . Wow Trev, I saw the rain and stayed in!!!! lol!

. . . .actually, I had more than my fair share living in northern B.C. I know how the boys back east feel, no fun!!!

I had to get up at 4:30 in the morning, when I was a kid, to shovel the driveway so the old man could get to work . . . and make sure it was clear when he got home. Miss a beat, and that's what you got . . . Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

You guys ok??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: You guys ok???   You guys ok??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:09 am

Sorry, I know I ain't in NY but I moved out of there to FL to get away from the freakin cold. This is the coldest winter I can remember since moving here 30 years ago. Had over 2 weeks of freezing weather and it's 40 degrees this morning. Oh yeah, did I say it SNOWED 0 inches? You guys ok??? 744742
Back to top Go down

You guys ok??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: You guys ok???   You guys ok??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:34 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Sorry, I know I ain't in NY but I moved out of there to FL to get away from the freakin cold. This is the coldest winter I can remember since moving here 30 years ago. Had over 2 weeks of freezing weather and it's 40 degrees this morning. Oh yeah, did I say it SNOWED 0 inches? You guys ok??? 744742

I can tell ya that I've been keeping track of the Florida weather by talking to my parents and they are HATING the cold weather, especially my Dad! He leaves Indiana in October when it gets merely "chilly" to avoid the cold weather and then that's what he's getting in SOUTH Florida! He's not a happy camper! Where the hell is Al Gore now with all this cold and shitloads of snow? That's what I want to know!!
Back to top Go down

You guys ok??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: You guys ok???   You guys ok??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:34 pm

I think Chile would have taken a bunch of snow over what they got.
Back to top Go down

You guys ok??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: You guys ok???   You guys ok??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:51 pm

porschefan wrote:

amazing 8.8 if that hit southern California, dont even want to think about it! Feel very sorry for the people of Chile but seems they're spread out and have much better building structures, not seeing the massive amount of loss of life as in haiti!
Back to top Go down

You guys ok??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: You guys ok???   You guys ok??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:59 pm

cali kid wrote:
porschefan wrote:

amazing 8.8 if that hit southern California, dont even want to think about it! Feel very sorry for the people of Chile but seems they're spread out and have much better building structures, not seeing the massive amount of loss of life as in haiti!

If that hit almost anywhere in California. Chile is better off being a more modern, wealthier nation than Haiti, thus having higher building codes (like here in CA) surely helped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

You guys ok??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: You guys ok???   You guys ok??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You guys ok???
Page 1 of 1