The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Smellody Special Update

Go down 
+4
Budabear
sixtysix
Anomaly
smellody
8 posters
AuthorMessage
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

Smellody Special Update Empty
PostSubject: Smellody Special Update   Smellody Special Update Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:15 pm

Smellody Special Update Dscn2247r
Smellody Special Update Dscn2246u
Smellody Special Update Dscn2245f
All was going well. . . then hell broke loose. It is sooo bad now, I can't even show a picture. I think the Smellody Special project might be dead.

The hour hand is now pointed up. I can't get it off the "hub" drive that is stuck to the dial. Multiple letters are missing their paint and I think I scratched the dial a couple of times. It is too sad. I think I will just remember the smellody special from the pictures above.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special Update   Smellody Special Update Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Dude, it looed so hot!! hope you can fix it, those hands look just sick on it!!! Good luck brother!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special Update   Smellody Special Update Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:23 pm

Oh man..that sucks!

Hmmm...not sure what to say bro Smellody Special Update Icon_cry

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special Update   Smellody Special Update Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:27 pm

Much more accomplished than I would have ever gotten.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special Update   Smellody Special Update Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:31 pm

Hands are the toughest part, sounds easy but they bend if you blow on them! gotta have the right tools and still hard! We can always put a picture of the dial on our header when it still looked amazing!
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special Update   Smellody Special Update Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:37 pm

I think I am going to break down and buy another dial and set of hands. . . maybe two sets. Third time is the charm. Right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special Update   Smellody Special Update Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:41 pm

smellody wrote:
I think I am going to break down and buy another dial and set of hands. . . maybe two sets. Third time is the charm. Right?

That a boy, i bought 6 seconds hands on my last project! Chris, it's going in the right direction and would be cool to see it finished! You can do it!!! Smellody Special Update Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special Update   Smellody Special Update Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:22 pm

I have so much trouble setting hands.....too bad about the the smellody special, hope the next one works out better!

Smellody Special Update Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special Update   Smellody Special Update Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:25 pm

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the hands, you've done much more than I have and I'm pulling for you on your next attempt!
Back to top Go down
Budabear
Consigliere
Budabear

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special Update   Smellody Special Update Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:32 pm

I haven't commented before but I've been watching. Your project is really awesome. Sorry about the bump in the road but I say spend a day or two thinking about your next step, then move on.

Somehow you have to finish it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special Update   Smellody Special Update Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:42 pm

Stick with it Chris, that's gonna be so cool!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special Update   Smellody Special Update Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:09 pm

Such a cool idea, you have to carry on dude.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special Update   Smellody Special Update Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:19 pm

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. It sucks when things go south on a labor of love.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special Update   Smellody Special Update Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:25 pm

falcon4311 wrote:
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. It sucks when things go south on a labor of love.

Don has many stories he could share with you all about things going south.

But I digress.

I'm sorry for you Smellody, but I think if you keep trying as you indicated, you WILL persevere. Good luck! Smellody Special Update Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special Update   Smellody Special Update Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:29 pm

dont give up. I want to see that watch actually working.
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special Update   Smellody Special Update Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:42 pm

Awesome project. I bet it'll be worth it, in the end.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special Update   Smellody Special Update Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:00 pm

It's O.K. Chris !..Remember practice makes perfect ! Smellody Special Update Icon_smile
Look at this as a prototype that will lead up to more
Smellody Specials in the future. Plus you might still be
able to salvage this one too !..It still looks NICE by the
way and the hands were a great choice also. Keep us
up to date sir !

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special Update   Smellody Special Update Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:08 pm

Chris, brother, don't give up! I bent the crap out of my hands a couple of times; I lost count of how many times I actually had to pull them of and reset them! Keep at it, the hands are pretty workable. Looks good so far, don't give up the ship!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special Update   Smellody Special Update Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:22 pm

I've screwed up a few dials and hands, it's all part of the learning but all worth it when you get it done and it's on the wrist.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special Update   Smellody Special Update Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:47 pm

Well Christopher, it looks like everyone is pulling you in the right direction including myself! KEEP GOING and YOU WILL GET THERE! We all know that you can do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special Update   Smellody Special Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smellody Special Update
Page 1 of 1