The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Seiko Family

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:15 pm

This is what i've got in Seiko at the moment.... Took these this morning and the sun was defused by our monterey bay fog!! My Seiko Family Icon_pale

My Seiko Family 002-7

My Seiko Family 005-7

My Seiko Family 006-4
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:20 pm

WOW...quiet a few Seikos there!

Pepsi dials are cool!

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:22 pm

. . . Dam straight up sweet group of Seikos Trevor!!!! Little bit o' old, little bit o' new . . . . all REALLY nice!!!! Thanks for sharing Bro' . . .
Back to top Go down

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:30 pm

The gold plated one was given to me by my wife on our wedding day 21 years ago! The yellow quartz chrono was my cousin's and best friend in the world, he was killed 4 years ago this week in an industrial welding accident in clovis ca. (fresno) he was 45 years old at the time with a 4 year old daughter and lovely wife! She gave me his favorite watch and a 8 slot watch box with his inishals on it! wont wear either piece but they will stay with me forever in that watchbox!!

Last edited by cali kid on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:34 pm

Anomaly wrote:

Pepsi dials are cool!
Um..... don't you mean pepsi bezel.

Nice selection there T-man!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:48 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

Pepsi dials are cool!
Um..... don't you mean pepsi bezel.

Nice selection there T-man!

DOH...yeah My Seiko Family Icon_eek

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:59 pm

Wow! Very nice pics of a very nice array of Seikos!
Back to top Go down

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:00 pm

Sweet collection! Love that big brown strap in the back!
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:09 pm

FreeDive wrote:
Sweet collection! Love that big brown strap in the back!
Eyes gotsta agreez wit choo.
Back to top Go down

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:34 pm

cali kid wrote:
The gold plated one was given to me by my wife on our wedding day 21 years ago! The yellow quartz chrono was my cousin's and best friend in the world, he was killed 5 years ago this week in an industrial welding accident in clovis ca. (fresno) he was 45 years old at the time with a 4 year old daughter and lovely wife! She gave me his favorite watch and a 8 slot watch box with his inishals on it! wont wear either piece but they will stay with me forever in that watchbox!!

Great collection Trev and thanks for sharing the story about your cousin. I know exactly how you feel about that watch. Even though my Bro, Norm, wasn't into watches...he was into hand guns. His wife gave me his Colt .45 1911 ACP which means the world to me. Nothing could ever get that gun away from me. Thanks for sharin Bro!!!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:51 pm

Super Seikos Trevor !!!! You have some of the coolest
watches out there. Watches from every corner of the
world and you should be VERY proud of such a collection. My Seiko Family Icon_biggrin
The Seikos are just one example of what I mean. Any
Seiko or watch person would be astonished themselves !
It's fun to look at from here, so it must be extra fun
having such great watches. Thanks again for showing
these !..Sorry about your cousin !

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:02 am

Thanks guys the yellow one is very special, i had john's name engraved on the caseback with his date of his passing and rest in peace! 40MM brite yellow with blue sub dials, with this model the large second hand isnt the chrono second, 60'clock dial is the chrono second hand, 12 o'clock is 1/10 second, 9 o'clock is a 60 minute dial. seiko # V657-9010
Back to top Go down

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:08 am

Very cool collection and back story, Trevor.
I like that 'old' chrono, center stage.
Back to top Go down

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:56 am

thanks tim, the ufo is most likely my favorite too but the 6309-7040 with pepsi bezel insert is a wonderful cushion case and i would love to see see bring it back, maybe a limited edition!
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:44 am

Really nice line-up cali.
Especially like the retro designs in the second row.
Don't have anything like 'em myself.
Seiko is a great brand that has always been dear to me.
Even before I knew I was a watch guy.
Great group - thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:45 am

All your little soldiers in a row, very nice Trevor.
Back to top Go down

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:51 am

very nice collection and reminds, that I should get an anvil bracelet for my Black Monster
Back to top Go down

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:07 am

nice collection of Seiko's! Where did you get the bracelets on the 6309's?
Back to top Go down

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:43 am

barnbuilder1 wrote:
nice collection of Seiko's! Where did you get the bracelets on the 6309's?

One is a polished watchadoo (i polished the case on one of the watches)
other is a hadley-roma diver bracelet #mb5966w and brushed the outer links! http://www.globalwatchband.com/group/71/
Back to top Go down

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:02 am

Got me to thinking about the Seikos I still own that I don't wear any longer. Pulled them all together, added them to my regular wearers and put this group together, sorry no outdoor natural light shot as we're currently working dilligently on replacing Seattle as the wettest city in the US.

My Seiko Family DSC06846

Left to Right - Back to Front

Seiko Gyro Marvel - circa 1959
Modded 6309-7040 on Super Oyster
7F38-6119 - SQ100 - Moon Phase + GMT
5T52-6A39 - World Timer + GMT
7005-7110 - 17 Jewel Auto from ~1975
Spirit 013 "Blue Spark" with 6r15b
SNK809 - Seiko "5" - "Military Flieger"
Bead Blasted Orange Monster
Black Monster on Watchadoo
SNZB37K1 - Seiko "Superior 5"
SKX009 on Super Oyster

Last edited by Docrwm on Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:30 am

Damn nice Seikos!! What is that one in the back center on the heavy duty leather? that's probably my fav of the bunch.
Back to top Go down

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:39 pm

. . . the Blue Spark is a doll doc!!! Very nice watch . . . . Japan only???
Back to top Go down

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:43 pm

Great stuff Doc and the new soxa looks great on the bracelet! My Seiko Family Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:48 pm

randyswagon wrote:
. . . the Blue Spark is a doll doc!!! Very nice watch . . . . Japan only???

Randy,

Thanks, I like it for those times I have to wear a suit to meet with suits. Yes, it's a Japan Domestic Market only model but can be had from Chino, Seiya, and Higuchi. Fit & Finish on it are superb, at the level of my decades ago Rolex IMHO. The strap that it came on was laughably short but given that it was intended for the Japanese domestic market I understood. Accurate to +4 seconds a day when worn regularly.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:56 pm

cski wrote:
Damn nice Seikos!! What is that one in the back center on the heavy duty leather? that's probably my fav of the bunch.

Seiko SNM035 Men's Automatic 200m Scuba Diver with some modifications...I believe

My Seiko Family Seiko10

Here is a link:

http://www.bluedial.com/SNM035.htm
Back to top Go down

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:07 pm

andrema wrote:
cski wrote:

Seiko SNM035 Men's Automatic 200m Scuba Diver with some modifications...I believe

My Seiko Family Seiko10

Here is a link:

http://www.bluedial.com/SNM035.htm

snm035 & snm037 are also, sometimes, called the Compass Monsters
Back to top Go down

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:10 pm

The Doc is correct! New handset, beadblasted and some different paint on the bezel and one thick-ass leather strap!!
Back to top Go down

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:17 pm

cali kid wrote:
The Doc is correct! New handset, beadblasted and some different paint on the bezel and one thick-ass leather strap!!

They're nice looking but I just can't figure out what I would use the interior bezel they have it in for?? scratch Wish they would offer a regular Monster with those features minus the interior bezel. That I would buy in a NY second! Oh wait, I had my OM modded so it would be like that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Seiko Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Seiko Family   My Seiko Family Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Seiko Family
Page 1 of 1