The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oh Hell Yeah

Go down 
+2
Anomaly
ericf4
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Oh Hell Yeah - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: I got dirt on a few ...   Oh Hell Yeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Blue Ocean ??
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Oh Hell Yeah   Oh Hell Yeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:06 pm

noahfuller wrote:
Blue Ocean ??

No idea who Blue Ocean is, another brand?

PostSubject: Re: Oh Hell Yeah   Oh Hell Yeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:09 pm

Anomaly wrote:
I just got the LM7...

I had some questions about PLAY in the bezel, called Mitch Feig and kinda got the impression my questions ANNOYED him. In talking to other owners the "bezel play" is a known, "issue" and stems from the bezel being "bi-directional" and the locking system (bezel will not turn if button is not pressed in).

The warranty is NOT transferable from one owner to the next, so if you buy 2nd hand like me, buyer beware. I will say mine is running +/- 2 seconds per day...

Bezel clicks? Not a concern for me, I bought the watch for the LOOK not the function, the only think I dive into is a bowl of party dip with my chips!

So, there is some FACTUAL, first hand feed back.

A the 57 click issue is "factual" and historical. Caused a real shitstorm at the time. How it was handled turned me personally, after viewing it from afar, off that maker forever. My experience, my reaction.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Oh Hell Yeah   Oh Hell Yeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:10 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
I just got the LM7...

I had some questions about PLAY in the bezel, called Mitch Feig and kinda got the impression my questions ANNOYED him. In talking to other owners the "bezel play" is a known, "issue" and stems from the bezel being "bi-directional" and the locking system (bezel will not turn if button is not pressed in).

The warranty is NOT transferable from one owner to the next, so if you buy 2nd hand like me, buyer beware. I will say mine is running +/- 2 seconds per day...

Bezel clicks? Not a concern for me, I bought the watch for the LOOK not the function, the only think I dive into is a bowl of party dip with my chips!

So, there is some FACTUAL, first hand feed back.

A the 57 click issue is "factual" and historical. Caused a real shitstorm at the time. How it was handled turned me personally, after viewing it from afar, off that maker forever. My experience, my reaction.

Agreed DOC, the bezel does not click as CLEAN as I might like for sure...

PostSubject: Crazy New York Guy ....   Oh Hell Yeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:13 pm

Crazy New York Guy ....
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Oh Hell Yeah   Oh Hell Yeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:22 pm

My over all assessment...

I love the LOOK of the watch...

The LUME is sick good...

SW 200 movement that is keeping GREAT time, the watch is over a year old...

1000m water resistance...

Came with additional Orange and BLUE rubber O7 straps...

Bezel does have about .25mm "north and south" play in it...

I am putting a mesh bracelet on it asap...

I paid $760 for the watch (shipped)

Omega mesh is $289...

So for just over a $1100 I will have the only PLOPROF HOMAGE/COPY watch I have ever found....

On a scale 10, I am at 9.50 on overall happiness...

Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: Oh Hell Yeah   Oh Hell Yeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:24 pm

so you got it new from Ocean7, right?
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Oh Hell Yeah   Oh Hell Yeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:26 pm

ericf4 wrote:
so you got it new from Ocean7, right?

No, bought if from original owner off WUS...

PostSubject: Re: Oh Hell Yeah   Oh Hell Yeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:20 pm

I've bought 2 of them.one straight from mitch when I was moderating there.them lm-3 arrived beaten.pretty sad.had finger prints and hair under the crystal.The lm-2 I ordered from mitch.He threw in the bracelet for free.I guess thats the perks of moderating.also I was told to give it a positive review on oceans forum.it arrived with the same problems as the lm-3.needless to say that a good review wasn't posted.mitch had a fit so I sold both watches to Hondo.The history of ocean is different than whats posted.when he 1st started was with the design phase of the lm-1.I posted a number of times in that thread about the lug horn holes being to far out.I said that straps wouldn't look or fit right on them.anybody who wanted one on preorder had to sign an agreement to not sell the watch for 6 months after recieving it.some did anyways.its the only watch that was made by catin and ce in switzerland.the lm-3 and the lm-6c are longio cased watches with swiss movements.mitch had alot of negative things to say on the mod board at wus.I'll leave those alone except to say that he doesn't like customers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: I remember I remember   Oh Hell Yeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:31 pm

Deep Blue ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh Hell Yeah   Oh Hell Yeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:41 pm

I only have this to say, I made a post in WUS which Mitch didn't like, he replied in the most unprofessional way he possibly could and then deleted the thread. He's a dick. I love my LM-6 but he's a dick!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: falcon4311   Oh Hell Yeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:44 pm

That's why your here .... could there be anywhere better ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh Hell Yeah   Oh Hell Yeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:48 pm

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh Hell Yeah   Oh Hell Yeah - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh Hell Yeah
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2