The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seiko Bellmatic

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Seiko Bellmatic Empty
PostSubject: Seiko Bellmatic   Seiko Bellmatic Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:58 pm

My first Bellmatic; great looking series of watches especially the cushion case ones. A tad small, actually way small, but I think I'm over the steroid watch phase so I can deal with it. Needs a bit of cleaning and a new crystal. I tried polishing it but still some deep scratches.

Very cool watch overall; as all Bellmatics it has a "cricket" alarm, powered by a winding spring. Rotate the inner chapter ring to the time you want and when it's time you get a cool little buzzing. No digital beeps here! The dial on this is deep sapphire blue and in great shape. Case is in good shape too, just some brushing up; think I'll get one of those Bergeon pen thingies and try that. Came on a crappy black IP Seiko SQ band, obviously not original. I swapped it for a fishbone bracelet (also not original for the Bellmatic, but period correct, so it works.) Had to Dremel it to fit but it works. Runs perfectly, alarm working fine. Overall a good Ebay snag for 87 bucks shipped.
Seiko Bellmatic Bell1
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Seiko Bellmatic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seiko Bellmatic   Seiko Bellmatic Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:24 pm

I'd say it's a GREAT snag Chris ! Seiko Bellmatic Icon_cheers The size looks just fine if you ask me sir.
Just perfect ! Also that dial is REALLY nice, what a deep blue. I also like the blue
around the bezel area and the greenish ring on the dial as well. That red part over
near the 9 o'clock position is intriguing too ! NICE pick-up..ENJOY !

Last edited by AtomicTom on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Seiko Bellmatic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seiko Bellmatic   Seiko Bellmatic Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:26 pm

That is a wild case design, great price on your pickup!
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Seiko Bellmatic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seiko Bellmatic   Seiko Bellmatic Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:30 pm

I am vary partial to these!! Nice pick up, just the right size in my opinion....send it off to Bob Thayer for a new crystal and a service! Enjoy!

Seiko Bellmatic Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Seiko Bellmatic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seiko Bellmatic   Seiko Bellmatic Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:50 pm

super cool seiko man!! i am really likimg those
Back to top Go down

Seiko Bellmatic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seiko Bellmatic   Seiko Bellmatic Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:01 am

andrema wrote:
super cool seiko man!! i am really likimg those

My new favorite vintage Seiko; lots of cool color combos if u can find them and don't mind the size < 40mm. Bracelets (like almost all vintage Seikos) are usually crappy, unless you get a cool coffin link one.
Back to top Go down

Seiko Bellmatic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seiko Bellmatic   Seiko Bellmatic Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:08 am

Very nice find. Like the colors on that one. Sorry about the crystal. The only other thing you could try is Polywash before you send it out for replacement.
Back to top Go down

Seiko Bellmatic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seiko Bellmatic   Seiko Bellmatic Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 4:36 am

very nice Chris! I'm enjoying a few of my older smaller watches too. cool dial color.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Seiko Bellmatic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seiko Bellmatic   Seiko Bellmatic Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:51 am

Very cool Chris, great colors on the dial!

Senior Associate

Seiko Bellmatic Empty
PostSubject: great pickup ! I have   Seiko Bellmatic Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:44 pm

just two Belles in the herd. The 7001 was only $45 for head only but the day wheel need fixing so off it went to the UK for repair. My Sienna dial 6039 was a gift from a great guy in MD, USA! I do have the coffin bracelet for the Sienna model but it is rather flimsy though period correct...

Seiko Bellmatic TigermuralBellsMontagecopyresizedsm
Back to top Go down

Seiko Bellmatic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seiko Bellmatic   Seiko Bellmatic Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:12 pm

thianwong wrote:
just two Belles in the herd. The 7001 was only $45 for head only but the day wheel need fixing so off it went to the UK for repair. My Sienna dial 6039 was a gift from a great guy in MD, USA! I do have the coffin bracelet for the Sienna model but it is rather flimsy though period correct...

Seiko Bellmatic TigermuralBellsMontagecopyresizedsm

Great pic! Seiko really did have some cool bracelets, just so damn flimsy. The coffin link is definitely cool. I've seen aftermarket copies that are cheezy looking.
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

Seiko Bellmatic Empty
PostSubject: yeah for sure.....my pal in the UK   Seiko Bellmatic Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:26 pm

who is a collector and repair guy gave me his coffin oem but well used (he had aonther) to match the 8039....I installed it but it left me cold ahahaha! so I took it off...

Seiko Bellmatic Bellmaticsiennaoncoffingoodshot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seiko Bellmatic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seiko Bellmatic   Seiko Bellmatic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seiko Bellmatic
Page 1 of 1