The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who's excited about the Olympics?

Go down 
+2
sixtysix
Anomaly
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Who's excited about the Olympics? Empty
PostSubject: Who's excited about the Olympics?   Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:10 am

I really like being able to tune to many channels and see all the events; I really enjoy leaving the TV on when I go to bed, wake up, and see what's going on...

Who's excited about the Olympics? 4146681344_9909c5f419

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited about the Olympics?   Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:52 am

I love watching the Olympics, these athletes dedicate themselves full time to very rigorous training allowing us to view the best of the best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited about the Olympics?   Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:59 am

I watch maybe skiing, because of our athletes, but biggest event on 2010 for me is Soccer WC in South-Africa cheers
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited about the Olympics?   Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 12:21 pm

Winter Olympics ROCKS!! I love high speed...sking, skating, snow boards, bob sleds, the whole thing! Well OK everything but curling!! Summer olympics sucks in my opinion and I don't even watch.

Who's excited about the Olympics? Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited about the Olympics?   Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:20 pm

. . . curling is an excellent drinking sport!!!! Single malt and a large blob of stone on a sheet of ice . . . . does it get any better than that???

Anyways, I'll watch not only for the events, but because I'm from Squamish. Small costal town 30-40 miles from Whistler. We thumbed up there to ski every week-end for years. Gorgeous place . . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited about the Olympics?   Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:47 pm

randyswagon wrote:
. . . curling is an excellent drinking sport!!!! Single malt and a large blob of stone on a sheet of ice . . . . does it get any better than that???

Anyways, I'll watch not only for the events, but because I'm from Squamish. Small costal town 30-40 miles from Whistler. We thumbed up there to ski every week-end for years. Gorgeous place . . .

Wait a minute here! There's an event that involves malted beverages and getting stoned on the ice???? DUDE! I'VE BEEN IN TRAINING FOR THIS ONE FOR ALMOST 40 YEARS!!!! Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_cheers But seriously, I love the Winter Olympics. Quite a few more X-TREME EVENTS than there was when I was a youngun!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited about the Olympics?   Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:54 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
randyswagon wrote:

Wait a minute here! There's an event that involves malted beverages and getting stoned on the ice???? DUDE! I'VE BEEN IN TRAINING FOR THIS ONE FOR ALMOST 40 YEARS!!!! Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_cheers But seriously, I love the Winter Olympics. Quite a few more X-TREME EVENTS than there was when I was a youngun!

LMAO DUFF!

Actually I get a kick out of watching curling too!

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited about the Olympics?   Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:06 pm

sixtysix wrote:
Winter Olympics ROCKS!! I love high speed...sking, skating, snow boards, bob sleds, the whole thing! Well OK everything but curling!! Summer olympics sucks in my opinion and I don't even watch.

Who's excited about the Olympics? Yeah
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited about the Olympics?   Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:12 pm

There's lots of excitement here in Vancouver. Mixed emotions for me. My tax dollars are paying for this party and I think the people of Vancouver have been sold a "bill of goods" on this one. The costs are horrendous. Then tickets hard to get for locals, too many given away to politicians and their friends, others sold elsewhere. Most local residents couldn't see any of the games live if they wanted to. Am I bitter? A bit. But I'll make the best of it and watch on TV.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited about the Olympics?   Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:21 pm

This morning on the "Today" show, it looked like tickets sold easily, so smoothly most events are sold out. Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_rolleyes
(more like given out, eh?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited about the Olympics?   Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 4:17 pm

SynMike wrote:
There's lots of excitement here in Vancouver. Mixed emotions for me. My tax dollars are paying for this party and I think the people of Vancouver have been sold a "bill of goods" on this one. The costs are horrendous. Then tickets hard to get for locals, too many given away to politicians and their friends, others sold elsewhere. Most local residents couldn't see any of the games live if they wanted to. Am I bitter? A bit. But I'll make the best of it and watch on TV.

Sounds just like Atlanta in '96.

Oh, and the only Winter Sport I truly enjoy watching is Curling - now there's a sport that has it all!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited about the Olympics?   Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:01 pm

I like the Olympics too ! The Winter Games are actually my favorite
because I happen to like snow and ice ! Who's excited about the Olympics? Alien Hockey will be VERY interesting
as will ALL of the events for that matter. From louge, and skiing, to speed
skating, snow boarding and even curling ! Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_cheers It should be cool to watch !

andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited about the Olympics?   Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:07 pm

Call me biased...but I would MUCH rather watch the winter X-Games...the events are totally cool and a lot more exciting IMO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited about the Olympics?   Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:28 pm

Mark, does your TV even have NBC? Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited about the Olympics?   Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:07 pm

porschefan wrote:
Nope...just get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, ESPNU, ESPN De Portes, ESPN Sur, ABC, ABC Family and Disney Channel cheers

Oh yeah...I use PPV too...

BTW...what the hell is a NBC Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited about the Olympics?   Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:37 pm

andrema wrote:
porschefan wrote:
Nope...just get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, ESPNU, ESPN De Portes, ESPN Sur, ABC, ABC Family and Disney Channel cheers

Oh yeah...I use PPV too...

BTW...what the hell is a NBC Very Happy

That's about the same number of channels we had when I was a kid, and it was enough.

Who's excited about the Olympics? Kids_in_front_of_TV
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited about the Olympics?   Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:01 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited about the Olympics?   Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 2:22 pm

can't wait, always watch them summer and winter. I'll be keeping an eye out for the womens luge this year. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited about the Olympics?   Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm

barnbuilder1 wrote:
can't wait, always watch them summer and winter. I'll be keeping an eye out for the womens luge this year. Surprised

Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_twisted Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_twisted Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_twisted Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_twisted I saw that video too!

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited about the Olympics?   Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 5:30 pm

I guess this would be Ron keepin and eye out for the Women's Luge this winter!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited about the Olympics?   Who's excited about the Olympics? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's excited about the Olympics?
Page 1 of 1