The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seiko sponsors 49er Championships in the Bahamas

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Seiko sponsors 49er Championships in the Bahamas Empty
PostSubject: Seiko sponsors 49er Championships in the Bahamas   Seiko sponsors 49er Championships in the Bahamas Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:29 am

SEIKO World 49er Championships in the Bahamas.

Seiko sponsors 49er Championships in the Bahamas Seiko_vignette
February 11, 2010
SEIKO 49er Class World Championships were held recently in the turquoise waters of the Bahamas, and the Spanish team of Martinez and Fernandez clearly felt very much at home, claiming victory by a record-breaking 27 points over their nearest rivals, the holders Outteridge and Jensen of Australia.

Seiko sponsors 49er Championships in the Bahamas Seiko2
SEIKO’s support to the 49er Class includes the provision of sails and other equipment to help the most promising sailors.

62 boats from 26 countries participated in the event, with the USA, UK, Australia and Denmark fielding the largest fleets, but the event was also notable for the appearance of less experienced crews from Argentina, Bermuda and Uruguay, whose presence at this, the pinnacle event of the 49er year, was made possible by the support that SEIKO gives to the International 49er Class.

Seiko sponsors 49er Championships in the Bahamas Seiko_velatura
The Velatura Yachting Timer

SEIKO has been the Class sponsor of the International 49er Association since 2007 and is proud to support this exciting, challenging and fast-growing sport. SEIKO’s support takes the form of both finance and equipment, targeted at assisting the Association to extend the reach of the sport to new countries and a wider audience. At the World Championships, SEIKO donated Yachting Timer watches from the marine collection ‘Velatura’ to the Gold, Silver and Bronze medallists and, in addition, SEIKO spinnakers and clothing were given by the Association to the up-and–coming generation of 49er crews. SEIKO’s agreement was recently renewed until the end of the 2011 season. SEIKO has also extended its support to world sailing with an agreement with the 29erXX Class.

Source: Seiko Watch Corporation
www.seikowatches.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seiko sponsors 49er Championships in the Bahamas   Seiko sponsors 49er Championships in the Bahamas Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:35 am

Cool stuff. I am really starting to like Seiko. The more I learn the more I like them. With alot of companies it is just the opposite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seiko sponsors 49er Championships in the Bahamas   Seiko sponsors 49er Championships in the Bahamas Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:38 am

Dale wrote:
Cool stuff. I am really starting to like Seiko. The more I learn the more I like them. With alot of companies it is just the opposite.
Could not agree more. Also, Seiko has never attempted to stifle discussion of its products in any way that I am aware of - unlike soooo many.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Seiko sponsors 49er Championships in the Bahamas   Seiko sponsors 49er Championships in the Bahamas Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:12 pm

That is pretty neat Doc ! Seiko sponsors 49er Championships in the Bahamas Icon_biggrin Plus the medalists get that great Velatura
Yachting Timer as well ! NICE ! Seiko sponsors 49er Championships in the Bahamas Icon_cheers

PostSubject: Re: Seiko sponsors 49er Championships in the Bahamas   Seiko sponsors 49er Championships in the Bahamas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seiko sponsors 49er Championships in the Bahamas
Page 1 of 1