The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Smellody Special On the Wrist

Go down 
+3
sixtysix
Anomaly
smellody
7 posters
AuthorMessage
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

Smellody Special On the Wrist Empty
PostSubject: Smellody Special On the Wrist   Smellody Special On the Wrist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:04 pm

For those of you following the development of the Smellody Special, here is an update. . . It is on my wrist.
How did it get there? Well, I set the dial and hands and got her up and running and discovered neither my case or movement were supplied with "case clamps". Without the clamps the movement was flopping about. I wish the dial turned out better, but it looks good at a glance, but you can see where I had to "touch up" a few letters after all but scraping them off.

I took my project to my jewler who mocked me up a couple of case clamps that cleared the movement and held it in place. A couple of case clamps and A Tag Heuer Targa Florio later. . . the Smellody Special is alive and one my wrist. Had to share. . .

Smellody Special On the Wrist Dscn2268v

Last edited by smellody on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special On the Wrist   Smellody Special On the Wrist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:19 pm

VERY COOL DUDE!

And honored it has XMT on the dial!

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special On the Wrist   Smellody Special On the Wrist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:21 pm

Cool job. Mine would have been about 26.5 degrees off dead center.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special On the Wrist   Smellody Special On the Wrist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Nice custom job.....I am sure it won't be the first, Congrats an having it wrist ready!!

Smellody Special On the Wrist Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special On the Wrist   Smellody Special On the Wrist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:54 pm

WTG Christopher! Need to bring that one to our next GT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special On the Wrist   Smellody Special On the Wrist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:25 pm

Glad to see you got it up and running! A true one of a kind, nicely done sir! Smellody Special On the Wrist Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special On the Wrist   Smellody Special On the Wrist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:20 pm

I think it looks very cool Chris! Great job on your first try. It's only the beginning you CLOSET MODDER!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special On the Wrist   Smellody Special On the Wrist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:25 pm

Congratulations. Significant achievement. Sorry about all the hurdles but man the knowledge you've gained!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special On the Wrist   Smellody Special On the Wrist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:20 pm

Way to go man, one down and many more to come!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special On the Wrist   Smellody Special On the Wrist Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:08 am

Whoa Chris..THAT is SO amazing !!!!!! Smellody Special On the Wrist Icon_biggrin Smellody Special On the Wrist Icon_cyclops Smellody Special On the Wrist Icon_biggrin
It has to be such a GREAT feeling to have the
Smellody Special on your wrist ! It was a major
project, but you still managed to make your
VERY OWN watch ! Smellody Special On the Wrist Icon_cheers That's just INSANELY
cool..WOW !..CONGRATULATIONS on the watch
and being able to do this too !!! By the way..that
dial is EXCEPTIONAL ! From the name on the dial
to those hands !..ENJOY !

Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special On the Wrist   Smellody Special On the Wrist Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:22 am

Thanks guys. I think it is pretty special and appreciate the kind words.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special On the Wrist   Smellody Special On the Wrist Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:56 pm

Nice! Glad it's up and running, good job!
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special On the Wrist   Smellody Special On the Wrist Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:02 pm

Very nice. I love the red against the black. I'd probably put it on black rubber strap to maintain the black. It really looks great. The fact that it is so customized to you is very cool. The troubles you ran into while putting it together probably just make it all the more personal. Wish I had one just like it (well, without your name on it). Congrats.
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special On the Wrist   Smellody Special On the Wrist Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:07 pm

Congrats on a job well done. I really like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special On the Wrist   Smellody Special On the Wrist Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:17 pm

Excellent Chis! enjoy wearing your new XMT smellody watch, looks cool and sweet 2824 auto!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smellody Special On the Wrist   Smellody Special On the Wrist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smellody Special On the Wrist
Page 1 of 1