The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thianwong
Senior Associate

Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Empty
PostSubject: Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived....   Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:13 pm

From 1996 and found in the Netherlands, this two toned watch had a corroded stem/crown and the capacitor was not holding its charge. The guy gave it to me cuz I love 2 toned stuff now. Well, I sent the watch off to a pal in Vancouver who managed to fix the stem/crown and replaced the old capacitor and cleaned under the gungy bezel...
With sapphire crystal and presentation back, this particular Euro marketed version (I think) is a great beater on my skinny wrist!
(Los Cabos beach background)

Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... MontageSeikoKineticSport100fromRene
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived....   Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:26 pm

Thian..THAT bezel is GREAT ! So is the whole watch really. Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Icon_biggrin The
gold seems to add a nice touch, even though the watch looks very
aggressive. The circle in the middle of the dial is great too, as are
those markers. Thanks for showing us sir ! That's some photo BTW ! Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Icon_smile

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived....   Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:31 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
Thian..THAT bezel is GREAT ! So is the whole watch really. Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Icon_biggrin The
those markers. Thanks for showing us sir ! That's some photo BTW ! Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Icon_smile

Good word...yes...aggressvie bezel design...the watch was well used as seen by the bezel wabi and bracelet marks. Lotta history to this one, which I love....blingy and heavy sucker too! The white dial is very clean though, and not really in vogue...which is why I like it! hehehe!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived....   Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:37 pm

Very neat looking piece and love your photoshop pictures! Great job! Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived....   Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:47 pm

thanks, Cali....after awhile, I thought a watch was more than just its look but we often relate feelings to our watches to a past time or event.....so I began montaging my watches for fun! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived....   Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:51 pm

Makes for a much better picture, i just do wrist shots and it gets old sometimes! Love when you can relate a watch to a feeling, aircraft, diving and more! Just makes for a special moment!
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived....   Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:55 pm

cali kid wrote:
Makes for a much better picture, i just do wrist shots and it gets old sometimes! Love when you can relate a watch to a feeling, aircraft, diving and more! Just makes for a special moment!

If you wish, send me any photo of yours and will try match a photo to it! Tell me your interests too...or better still, if you can find a good image, larger size and sharp, I can montage your watch onto it!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived....   Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:40 am

thianwong wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

Good word...yes...aggressvie bezel design...the watch was well used as seen by the bezel wabi and bracelet marks. Lotta history to this one, which I love....blingy and heavy sucker too! The white dial is very clean though, and not really in vogue...which is why I like it! hehehe!

The lived in look is cool with this watch Thian ! Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Icon_biggrin Those marks show that the watch has a history
like you said, and that it must also be a blast to wear !..Your mind-set with the white dial not being
in..is GREAT, because it's good to be different, especially with all of the watches out there !

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived....   Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:44 am

Hey, Tom, I never see you post a watch....any reason? what is your favorite now?
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived....   Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:04 am

thianwong wrote:
Hey, Tom, I never see you post a watch....any reason? what is your favorite now?

Actually, I only started taking pictures not that long ago ! Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Icon_smile I'm not the best
at it really and usually only take pictures when I get a new watch, which isn't
that often ! Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Icon_eek Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Alien Basically, I'm into Zodiac right now ! Got my first Oceanaire
and Cyclop over the Holidays, and just bought a GREAT Desert Hawk and Desert
Falcon from Alan (Anomaly) a couple weeks back ! Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Icon_biggrin Honestly, I ENJOY ALL watches
really ! With all of the watches, along with watch brands around it's just AMAZING !
It's fun for me to just look and learn ! Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Icon_cheers

PostSubject: Re: Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived....   Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blingy old Seiko Sport 100 revived....
Page 1 of 1