The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?

Go down 
+3
jaw
Northwestguy
Anomaly
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Empty
PostSubject: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:43 pm

Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Sea%2BViper%2B02

Orsa caseback for their "Sea Viper"

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:50 pm

OH BOY! I sense an elevation in blood pressure. That is so like some of the artist's renditions on WG's.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:15 am

Ruh Roh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:43 am

.. . . . wonder who had the idea first. Maybe Orsa is wondering . . . . just sayin'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:24 am

interesting...
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:27 am

I read that NFW won't be bringing out the Viperfish until Spring. Think the similar watch name is just a coincidence? The drawings I've seen of the NFW look pretty cool but I think the size is just too big for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:36 am

merichar wrote:
I read that NFW won't be bringing out the Viperfish until Spring. Think the similar watch name is just a coincidence? The drawings I've seen of the NFW look pretty cool but I think the size is just too big for me.

Feel the same way Mark, that thing is just huge!! going to wait and see it on some wrist but the lug to lug size is really long!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 3:57 am

Hmm..This is VERY similar ! Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Suspect Kind of like an homage before the watch
is even released. It would be something to see what NFW thinks ! Also,
even though the watch industry can be extremely competitive, do brands
like these sometimes get along and view this as a compliment perhaps ?!

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 4:48 am

cali kid wrote:
merichar wrote:

Feel the same way Mark, that thing is just huge!! going to wait and see it on some wrist but the lug to lug size is really long!

Actually, from someone who saw the case itself in person back in november, and from someone who recently realized big watches are not the coolest thing since sliced bread, i can say this watch is not that big in person...........George had the case of the watch and bracelet with him at a November get together i put on , and it was on his 71/2 inch wrist and it looked fine.........im looking into 44mm to 46mm watches, but this watch was no san111 or sas....far from it actually..........ill still be interested in it when it finally gets released.........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: orsa used that fish over 2yrs ago   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 5:35 am

orsa used that fish over 2yrs ago
on Their other watches this one looks a bit more styled

I've been to where their first watches were made....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: NFW ?? Noah Fuller Watches ??   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 5:41 am

NFW ?? Noah Fuller Watches ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:02 am

I would be interested in hearing what George has to say but he hasn't kept us up to date on things as he had promised. I'm a little disappointed actually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Is George from Orca ?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:40 am

Is George from Orca ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:15 am

Noah, George Fox owns NFW watches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: IC THX   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:19 am

IC THX
Back to top Go down
max
Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 3:26 pm

I brought this subject up to George when the design first came out. Im sure several others did so also

Here is a response he wrote on another forum about a week ago:

We had a Naming Contest here at XXXXXX and a few other forums last summer
for our dive watch. We had nearly 4000 name submissions. We narrowed
them down to about 100, then narrowed it further and further, doing
research on various names that we liked. When we finally arrived at the
name "ViperFish" we had absolutely no idea of something with a similar
name that Orsa was working on. Purely coincidence.

Shortly thereafter, it was brought to my attention that Orsa was
working on a watch called the "Sea Viper." I saw a photo of what they
were working on for caseback artwork. I decided that OUR artwork would
be VERY different from theirs, so as to distance the two projects,
despite having similar names.

Believe me, it's incredibly difficult to find a word or a name that is:
a) Good
b) Completely original

And if you don't believe me, try this (it's a fun exercise): Go to the
US Patent & Trademark's website, think up a name that you think
would be a good name to trademark, then do a search of that word.
You'll find it's quite difficult to come up with something that's good
and original AND usable!

We haven't finalized our logo artwork for the ViperFish, but are looking at a few variations of skeltons of the viperfish.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 3:38 pm

Very good info Max...thanks!

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 3:55 pm

max wrote:
I brought this subject up to George when the design first came out. Im sure several others did so also

Here is a response he wrote on another forum about a week ago:

We had a Naming Contest here at XXXXXX and a few other forums last summer
for our dive watch. We had nearly 4000 name submissions. We narrowed
them down to about 100, then narrowed it further and further, doing
research on various names that we liked. When we finally arrived at the
name "ViperFish" we had absolutely no idea of something with a similar
name that Orsa was working on. Purely coincidence.

Shortly thereafter, it was brought to my attention that Orsa was
working on a watch called the "Sea Viper." I saw a photo of what they
were working on for caseback artwork. I decided that OUR artwork would
be VERY different from theirs, so as to distance the two projects,
despite having similar names.

Believe me, it's incredibly difficult to find a word or a name that is:
a) Good
b) Completely original

And if you don't believe me, try this (it's a fun exercise): Go to the
US Patent & Trademark's website, think up a name that you think
would be a good name to trademark, then do a search of that word.
You'll find it's quite difficult to come up with something that's good
and original AND usable!

We haven't finalized our logo artwork for the ViperFish, but are looking at a few variations of skeltons of the viperfish.
IThanks for the update Max. It would have been nice to hear back from George here at XMT (he's a member), but I am not sure how often he checks in over here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 4:15 pm

I agree Mark as he had promised us he would keep us in the loop. Maybe our forum isn't big enough to warrant updates.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 3:59 am

I have met George in person at a get together last year, and he is an extremely busy man.........he doesnt really post at freeks either.......he posts at geeks because of his affiliation with shopnbc and such, and i know from emailing him, besides regular day to day duties of the business, he is dealing with the production of the viperfish, watches for the NFL, new designs of other watches, his facebook page, trying to get his new website up and running, and taking care of a family with a newborn as well, and somewheres inbetween i think he eats and sleeps, but im not sure about that.,.....lol......I know we feel slighted sometimes, but I know G doesnt do it intentionally, he is just a ridiculously busy man with about 8 million things on his plate every month.........
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 4:51 am

heartbreak wrote:
I have met George in person at a get together last year, and he is an extremely busy man.........he doesnt really post at freeks either.......he posts at geeks because of his affiliation with shopnbc and such, and i know from emailing him, besides regular day to day duties of the business, he is dealing with the production of the viperfish, watches for the NFL, new designs of other watches, his facebook page, trying to get his new website up and running, and taking care of a family with a newborn as well, and somewheres inbetween i think he eats and sleeps, but im not sure about that.,.....lol......I know we feel slighted sometimes, but I know G doesnt do it intentionally, he is just a ridiculously busy man with about 8 million things on his plate every month.........

I think that is a pretty fair assessment of what is going on and if you are going to visit a sight, the one that butters your bread will probably win out. G! is a great guy and hopefully can stop by some time...

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:16 am

Actually George's affliliation with the Shop is extremely minimal. He maybe does one show a year. I think it's because WG has 15000 members or whatever they have. Quite a large group compared to WF and XMT. Either way, I do know he is a very busy man and I wish him all the best and know his business is booming! Thanks for your take on it HB.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:30 pm

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't been here much!

Being pulled in a lot of different directions these days, with my priority on making sure my family's okay and then making sure NFW's running smoothly.

Thanks for pulling my response from another forum, on this particular topic with the Orsa Sea Viper. As I mentioned, we are most definitely not trying to copy anyone and the similar names are just a coincidence. The Viper fish is an extremely rare fish, so it's quite a coincidence that there would be two dive watches, coming out at similar times, from two small companies, each using a name that references this rare fish! Well, at least these two watches are very different from each other. And the logo designs that we at NFW are working on are, intentionally, very different from Orsa's logo.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words and support, guys. I really appreciate it and will try to hang out here more often. I had lost my user ID and password, so Ron hooked me up with a new one.

FYI - working on some new AutoPilots too! :>)

Best,

George
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:38 pm

It is great to see you here George! XMT now as a solid group of collectors that appreciate fine watches like NFW! I know that there are several people here that love the new dive watch and are current owners of your other pieces! Any news that you could share is awesome!

It is nice to see a fellow CT guy do so well...congratulations on your current sucesses! I am sure that you have many more to come!!

Again, thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to drop us a note!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:42 pm

GEORGIE!!! Morgan and I thought you deserted us!!! Glad all is well on your end. Hope the Viperfish is coming along as planned! Also hope all is well with you and your wonderful family. Please drop by and say Hi now and then and let us know the progress of the Viperfish.

Your Friends Duff and Morgan Fairchild!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:46 pm

Thanks for the update BIG G!

Looking forward to seeing what's new!

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:51 pm

Big A!!!!

I've missed you, buddy! I hope you and the family are doing great. The forum looks fantastic. Love the Hammy banner too!

I'll do my best to participate on various subjects, not just NFW. :>)

G
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:55 pm

G.Fox wrote:
Big A!!!!

I've missed you, buddy! I hope you and the family are doing great. The forum looks fantastic. Love the Hammy banner too!

I'll do my best to participate on various subjects, not just NFW. :>)

G

Here's a question for ya G!

Which watch, currently not in YOUR collection, would like to own...in say...the next 5 years?

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:04 pm

[quote="Anomaly

Which watch, currently not in YOUR collection, would like to own...in say...the next 5 years?
[/quote]

Here are 3 brands that I really love, and each has multiple watches that I wouldn't mind owning:

Graham
Anonimo
Richard Mille

G
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:12 pm

G.Fox wrote:
[quote="Anomaly

Here are 3 brands that I really love, and each has multiple watches that I wouldn't mind owning:

Graham
Anonimo
Richard Mille

G[/quote]

Cool Companies!

The Graham's are bit...extreme...with their crowns and pushers IMO...

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:21 pm

Yes, I agree with what you said about the Grahams... But that's also what I really like about them. Have tried on a few and really liked the look & feel.

The Richard Mille's are extremely expensive and I'd never pay that much for a watch, even if I could afford it. But, when you hold one, you really do know that you're holding a work of art.

And the Anonimo's are just plain burly & sexy, IMO.

Also, these are brands that you don't see everywhere. I love Panerai's but whenever I'm at an apparel tradeshow, every friggin' guy who thinks he's "stylish" is wearing one, which really makes me not want one now.

For something more simple & elegant, yet still sporty & masculine, I've always liked IWC's too.

G
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:41 pm

G.Fox wrote:
Yes, I agree with what you said about the Grahams... But that's also what I really like about them. Have tried on a few and really liked the look & feel.

The Richard Mille's are extremely expensive and I'd never pay that much for a watch, even if I could afford it. But, when you hold one, you really do know that you're holding a work of art.

And the Anonimo's are just plain burly & sexy, IMO.

Also, these are brands that you don't see everywhere. I love Panerai's but whenever I'm at an apparel tradeshow, every friggin' guy who thinks he's "stylish" is wearing one, which really makes me not want one now.

For something more simple & elegant, yet still sporty & masculine, I've always liked IWC's too.

G

I will be in GQ next month Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? 744742

Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? AnomalyGQ

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 3:23 pm

Nice hair, brutha!!! That's too friggin' funny! Hey, haven't I seen you at some of the apparel tradeshows, walking around quickly, acting as if you're really important and agitated, in your $300 jeans, flashing your Panny??? LOL! Those guys have ruined Panerai for me!!!! Stinkin' basterds!!!
Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Affraid Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 4:43 pm

Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? 812159 Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? 744742 Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? 744742 Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? 744742 Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? 744742
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 4:57 pm

Wow! This thread has gone WAY off-topic! Which is a frequent occurence when I get involved with threads..... Ha! Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_rolleyes Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? 395667
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?   Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wonder what NFW thinks of THIS?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: