The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Replica Watches thread...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Replica Watches thread... Empty
PostSubject: Replica Watches thread...   Replica Watches thread... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 2:16 pm

Last night I created a post that addressed the issue of replica watches. Subsequent to posting the thread, I reread the materials provided and reviewed the links that were included. As a result of this review, I feel that the materials provided were not in line with what the original intent of my post -- "Good replicas are out there so beware" vs. "Good replicas are out there, so why waste your money on the real thing". The later intent is not what I wanted to convey and, as a result, I asked for the post to be deleted.

Please note, this was a personal decision of mine and has no bearing on the other comments and information posted within the thread. In addition, I wanted to let you know there were no outside influences that pushed me into making this decision, in one direction or another...it was my personal choice to have the thread deleted.

The main thing that I was attempting to relay with the message was this: There are some really outstanding fakes out there, so be careful when you consider buying a high end timepiece. I would really hate to see a fellow member get taken advantage of by someone trying to passing off one of these fake watches as the genuine article.

Hopefully you guys understand my reasons for this and can appreciate my reasons for deleting the post!

Thanks,
Mark
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Replica Watches thread...   Replica Watches thread... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 2:25 pm

I "get it" Mark and appreciate your clarifications on the issue. You are right, I cannot tell you HOW nervous I was buying my Breitling from someone online; I was fortunate in that I was able to call the store who originally sold the watch and confirm the serial number, otherwise, I may not have done it!

PostSubject: Re: Replica Watches thread...   Replica Watches thread... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 2:34 pm

Hey buddy your heart was in the right place and i know you werent on the replica bandwagon! some might see it as an easy way to have an expensive timepiece but they will only be fooling themselves and would never be proud of it!! Come on now did JS make a call to have you pull it!!...... the thread! Replica Watches thread... 492736 Replica Watches thread... 744742
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replica Watches thread...   Replica Watches thread... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Mark, I have to tell you, I never took it any other way. Replica Watches thread... Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replica Watches thread...   Replica Watches thread... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 2:43 pm

Is there any way to tell if any of my Invictas or Swiss Legends are fake?

j/k

I want to buy some nicer pieces going forward and don't want to get stuck, so your point is definitely food for thought.

David
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Replica Watches thread...   Replica Watches thread... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 2:44 pm

cali kid wrote:
Hey buddy your heart was in the right place and i know you werent on the replica bandwagon! some might see it as an easy way to have an expensive timepiece but they will only be fooling themselves and would never be proud of it!! Come on now did JS make a call to have you pull it!!...... the thread! Replica Watches thread... 492736 Replica Watches thread... 744742

LMAO! Replica Watches thread... Lol

Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Replica Watches thread...   Replica Watches thread... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 3:22 pm

Replica Watches thread... Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Replica Watches thread...   Replica Watches thread... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 3:23 pm

pacifichrono wrote:
This is my "power posting" at work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Replica Watches thread...   Replica Watches thread... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 5:15 pm

Mark, Thanks for looking out for us !!! Replica Watches thread... Icon_biggrin By the way, you don't have to
explain yourself to me sir. It's great to see information about this, and people
can use that information to add to what they already know or think. It's a
big help !..Thx again !

PostSubject: Re: Replica Watches thread...   Replica Watches thread... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replica Watches thread...
Page 1 of 1