The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crystal press suggestion

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Crystal press suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Crystal press suggestion   Crystal press suggestion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:16 pm

Looking for a new crystal press; the one I have just jacked up my new crystal for my Bellmatic (yeah, on a roll!) any suggestions? What are you guys using?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crystal press suggestion   Crystal press suggestion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:04 pm

Noah has a couple on his site. I will get a china made one myself because I wouldn't use it much. I've seen several on ebay stores under watch tools, Jules Borel and OF have some. I used my drill press for one fix.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crystal press suggestion   Crystal press suggestion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:46 pm

I've been using this place out of LA! found my bezel pips and in the process have bought a few screw drivers and for the price they are real nice! Ship very quick and have alot og goodies! they have presses starting at 29 bucks

http://www.watchmaterial.com/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=334
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crystal press suggestion   Crystal press suggestion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:27 pm

Thanks guys, great site Trev. I have one but the dies are aluminum; messed up the edges of the acrylic crystal. Dumb ass me didn't try to cushion it first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crystal press suggestion   Crystal press suggestion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 2:26 pm

Harbor freight carries an inexpensive crystal press with plastic dies. I took one out of the box last time I was there, it wasn't the best tool I've seen but for the price and intended hobbyist use it is worth a look.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crystal press suggestion   Crystal press suggestion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crystal press suggestion
Page 1 of 1