The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prometheus' new Ocean Diver

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Prometheus' new Ocean Diver Empty
PostSubject: Prometheus' new Ocean Diver   Prometheus' new Ocean Diver Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:52 am

Does anybody know what the deal is with that model? It's only been out a few weeks and I just saw my 5th one being offered on a sales forum (different #). Weird.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus' new Ocean Diver   Prometheus' new Ocean Diver Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:00 am

wasnt there a bunch of crap going on about this brand at WUS, watches werent all that and threads got pulled! maybe the newer pieces are better!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus' new Ocean Diver   Prometheus' new Ocean Diver Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:13 am

cali kid wrote:
wasnt there a bunch of crap going on about this brand at WUS, watches werent all that and threads got pulled! maybe the newer pieces are better!

They had some guy PIMPIN' 'em DAILY in the sales forum...OVERKILL!

"Own a piece of history..." Prometheus' new Ocean Diver 213652

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus' new Ocean Diver   Prometheus' new Ocean Diver Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:03 am

1st he offers chinese watches, then the diver is cancelled then this supposed swiss made diver arrives. lame dial, lame finish, over priced garbage.
he screwed himself a long time ago so thats always going to be the perception. when customers were having problems with his 1st watch he told them that you shouldn't expect quality because its chinese.After that statement I banned his ass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus' new Ocean Diver   Prometheus' new Ocean Diver Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:37 pm

yamahaki wrote:
1st he offers chinese watches, then the diver is cancelled then this supposed swiss made diver arrives. lame dial, lame finish, over priced garbage.
he screwed himself a long time ago so thats always going to be the perception. when customers were having problems with his 1st watch he told them that you shouldn't expect quality because its chinese.After that statement I banned his ass.

I'm no fan of the owner and his behavior either. I genuinely was struck by the fact that this Diver apparently sold pretty well in pre-order but now that WIS have it in hand they are selling them pretty darn quick (within weeks 5 of these much awaited watches have hit the sales fora). I didn't know if there was something wrong with them or they didn't measure up to the pre-sales hype or what?
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus' new Ocean Diver   Prometheus' new Ocean Diver Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:50 pm

Link to this watch needed. post it or die.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus' new Ocean Diver   Prometheus' new Ocean Diver Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:59 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
Link to this watch needed. post it or die.

http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2009/05/prometheus-ocean-diver-collection.html
Prometheus' new Ocean Diver XZ5E1850
Prometheus' new Ocean Diver Ocean_Diver_final
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus' new Ocean Diver   Prometheus' new Ocean Diver Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:02 pm

Sorry, I wouldn't have bought it in the first place...the dial is way too busy for my taste! I dig the two crowns though! Case shape...meh

The internal bezel is cool...but it sort of blends in with the dial

Last edited by andrema on Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus' new Ocean Diver   Prometheus' new Ocean Diver Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:06 pm

That one gets the big YAWN!

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus' new Ocean Diver   Prometheus' new Ocean Diver Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:12 pm

Anomaly wrote:
cali kid wrote:

The owner of Prometheus (sapmc) is a registered member here. I don't know anything about the watches but the guy does'nt pimp near as hard as the Freda Watch strap folks. Try to search the sales forum at WUS and not find a few hundred links to Freda.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus' new Ocean Diver   Prometheus' new Ocean Diver Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:30 pm

merichar wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
cali kid wrote:

The owner of Prometheus (sapmc) is a registered member here. I don't know anything about the watches but the guy does'nt pimp near as hard as the Freda Watch strap folks. Try to search the sales forum at WUS and not find a few hundred links to Freda.

Sorry if I wasn't clear - I have seen 5 USED Ocean Divers on sales forums in the past few weeks. No implication about the sales posts of the company itself were meant by my comments.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus' new Ocean Diver   Prometheus' new Ocean Diver Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prometheus' new Ocean Diver
Page 1 of 1