The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

B is for Basel...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

B is for Basel... Empty
PostSubject: B is for Basel...   B is for Basel... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:09 pm

B is for Basel... Certinapodium

The case, in stainless steel, measures 42mm. It has an AR-coated sapphire crystal and is water resistant to 100 meters.

Movement is the Swiss automatic ETA caliber Valjoux 7750 with 25 jewels. Dials can be had in black or silver.

LOVE THIS ONE:

B is for Basel... Crescent1

Waltham was a recognised pioneer in precision chronometry instruments from the early days of the railway and supplied most railway companies in North America and India.

The case, in 18kt white, yellow or rose gold, measures 43mm. It has an AR-coated sapphire crystal and it is water resistant to 30 meters

Movement is the Swiss automatic La Joux-Perret caliber 3513 which is COSC-certified as a chronometer and features a 22kt white gold rotor. Complications include big date and power reserve indicator. Dials can be had in white or black, and the crown features a blue cabochon.

B is for Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: B is for Basel...   B is for Basel... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:12 pm

Not bad.
Back to top Go down

B is for Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: B is for Basel...   B is for Basel... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:16 pm

Waltham is old school, like everything but the crown, man i'm a picky B is for Basel... 500253 ! Love the Certina brand and would love to get a DS-3!
Back to top Go down

B is for Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: B is for Basel...   B is for Basel... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:40 pm

. . . winners!
Back to top Go down

B is for Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: B is for Basel...   B is for Basel... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:08 pm

Both pretty nice; I like the larger subdials, not too conspicuous because the same color. The Waltham is cool. The case kind of reminds me of an (dare I say?!) older Invicta model, the Espadon I think it was called.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

B is for Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: B is for Basel...   B is for Basel... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:25 pm

More AWESOME watches A ! B is for Basel... 46145 The Certina has a terrific
silver dial, that shows off the black or gunmetal hands, and
markers perfectly ! A stunning case as well, along with a
nicely stitched strap and great movement too !..Looking at
the Waltham and the first thing that comes to mind, is WOW ! B is for Basel... Icon_biggrin
This is different !..Kind of a classy diver ! B is for Basel... 803574 I like the marker
shapes, the 8 and 4, the rings on the dial, and the red around
the power reserve ! Even like those dots in the middle of the dial
and that crown also !..Both are EXTRA nice imo !..Thanks !

Senior Associate
merichar

B is for Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: B is for Basel...   B is for Basel... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 1:12 am

Has anyone ever found a watch AT did'nt like? Not a chrono guy but Certina has some nice vintage pieces in their history. Thought Waltham was to SNBC as Marcel Drucker is to QVC. Who knew they made some decent stuff?
Back to top Go down

B is for Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: B is for Basel...   B is for Basel... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 1:18 am

merichar wrote:
Has anyone ever found anything AT didn't like?

Fixed that for you, Mark. B is for Basel... Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

B is for Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: B is for Basel...   B is for Basel... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:42 am

merichar wrote:
Has anyone ever found a watch AT did'nt like? Not a chrono guy but Certina has some nice vintage pieces in their history. Thought Waltham was to SNBC as Marcel Drucker is to QVC. Who knew they made some decent stuff?

porschefan wrote:
merichar wrote:
Has anyone ever found anything AT didn't like?

Fixed that for you, Mark. B is for Basel... Icon_wink

B is for Basel... Icon_cheers Yup, sorry guys ! I tend to like most watches, and some other things too ! B is for Basel... 803574

B is for Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Re: B is for Basel...   B is for Basel... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

B is for Basel...
Page 1 of 1