The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ocean7 G-2S

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Ocean7 G-2S Empty
PostSubject: Ocean7 G-2S   Ocean7 G-2S Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:52 pm

I'm on a roll...here is an excerpt of a written review of an OCEAN7 G-2S Dive Chronograph as well as a video review prepared by James Stacey over at watchreport.com:

The G-2S shows that little changes can have a big impact; the distinctive carbon fibre dial of the original model has been swapped for a matte black dial with the OCEAN7 logo moved to the 3 o'clock position. Running seconds are now shown at 6 o'clock and elapsed minutes and hours at 12 and 9, respectively.

The new dial is slightly larger, cleaner, and feels altogether more focused than the somewhat busy carbon fibre dial. The original G-2 had a butterfly clasp that was nice but felt out of place on a tool diver; that clasp has been swapped for a standard deployment fold-over clasp. The lugs are 24mm wide so the G-2S (and the G-2) can be easily fitted to a bevy of strap options. I fitted the G-2S to the rubber strap that normally stays on my LM-2 and was very happy to find it comfortable and considerably lighter than the bracelet (if you get an OCEAN7 watch, I highly recommend that you pick up the rubber strap as an accessory). The size and weight of the G-2S is unchanged, and the watch is still very large and noticeable with its 17mm height.

Ocean7 G-2S 6a00d83452070069e20120a7b3a5f3970b-250wi

The case has changed slightly as a helium escape valve has been integrated at 10 o'clock and the chronograph pushers have been changed from paddle style pushers to more traditional screw down pushers. The inclusion of an HeV shows that OCEAN7 is positioning the G-2S as a serious full featured tool dive watch. The screw down pushers and HeV allow the watch to boast an impressive 1000m (3300ft) water resistance. I think the new pushers look great; while the screw down style adds a little complexity to the use of the chronograph, they also improve water resistance.

Perhaps the most noticeable change over the G-2 is the availability of a PVD finish. It comes in two variations: only the controls (blacked out bezel, crowns and pushers), or all over PVD. We opted for the all over PVD on the review model because the physical size of this watch could use some stealthy styling. The PVD is thick and carries a medium matte finish; the watch and bracelet look amazing completely blacked out, and both match the finish of the dial perfectly.

Ocean7 G-2S 6a00d83452070069e20120a7b3a650970b-250wi The OCEAN7 G-2S is evolutionary rather than revolutionary as it is a slightly more conservative and mature re-working of an already great watch. Boutique quartz dive chronographs are hard to come by, especially as tough and well made as the OCEAN7 G-2 series. The G-2S is sold exclusively through OCEAN7 and retails for between $399-$475 depending on your choice of PVD options. At this price point, the G-2, and the G-2S are very attractive choices for buyers looking for a unique, well-built dive chronograph that looks great, and is backed by a reliable company. The G Series family of watches is almost without peers in its price range as any comparisons would come from much more expensive watches.

Here is the video review of the watch:

I saw this at another forum and wanted to share it (for those who haven't already seen the reveiw).

Last edited by andrema on Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Ocean7 G-2S Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ocean7 G-2S   Ocean7 G-2S Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:13 pm

Looks like the same case as my LM-3, which I like a lot. Don't really care much for a chrono dive watch or the PVD though.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Ocean7 G-2S Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ocean7 G-2S   Ocean7 G-2S Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:14 pm

Some are hit, some are miss...

...a chrono Ocean7 G-2S Icon_mad

Senior Consigliere

Ocean7 G-2S Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ocean7 G-2S   Ocean7 G-2S Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:31 pm

Like the way the various colors from green, to orange, to black and white,
show up on the dial ! Ocean7 G-2S 803574 Ocean 7 seems to have done a nice job with this
watch. The PVD looks top notch, while the new painted dial is a nice change.
Basically looks like the quality, as well as build are IMPRESSIVE on this one !
Cool video also !..Thanks !

Ocean7 G-2S Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ocean7 G-2S   Ocean7 G-2S Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:49 am

nice clean dial for a chrono. I like it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ocean7 G-2S Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ocean7 G-2S   Ocean7 G-2S Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ocean7 G-2S
Page 1 of 1