The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New watches on Ocean Time

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

New watches on Ocean Time Empty
PostSubject: New watches on Ocean Time   New watches on Ocean Time Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 7:42 pm

Not sure if you guys were aware of some new watches coming out that are being shown on Ocean Time....SO, here's the link and let's here what you think!

http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New watches on Ocean Time   New watches on Ocean Time Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Yowza ! We have a bunch of NICE ones here sir !!! New watches on Ocean Time Icon_cyclops New watches on Ocean Time Icon_smile New watches on Ocean Time 803574
Have to say the Essex Primera GMT's are terrific. The dive watch
theme is perfect imho. Great dials, and I like those markers, and
hands. The woven center links, as well the entire bracelet is just
excellent too ! Also like the stainless bezel version alot !..Moving
to the Zixen DSR 500 Hydromatic. This watch is simply outstanding
with that case design. It's very vintage looking, but with an up to
date contemporary feel also. I can't get enough of this watch really. New watches on Ocean Time Icon_biggrin
It's got a super thick chapter ring, fantastic dial, and hands, along
with a mesh bracelet ! WOW !!! That is an exceptional looking watch
right there !..Also must say, that I like that Halios. It's also got an
awesome case, that looks VERY well made by the looks of it. The
bezel is really unique imho, and the dark yellow dial is stunning !
Even this bracelet looks like a tank, while the crown, and case-back
have some top notch decoration on them..The new UTS 1000 has
one of the most solid looking cases, and bracelets imo. The bezels
are extremely unique, and the dials are simple, but perfect too.
..That Vostok Anchar has something special going on as well. New watches on Ocean Time 803574
The dial, and case almost look like a stadium or arena. It's really
wide and deep ! The colors look sporty, yet tough, and the tritium
looks great on those unique hands imho also..I like the Chanel Marine
Diver with that rouded case. The blue dial is excellent ! Even the hands
are well done on this one ! New watches on Ocean Time Icon_smile ..The new Enzo Mechana looks amazing !
It's mega thick, and might just be indestructable !!! New watches on Ocean Time Icon_eek New watches on Ocean Time Icon_biggrin ..With the
Porsche Design Diver, it mixes diving, and racing themes nicely. The
way that case pops out like that is neat. So is the top pusher along
with yellow accents, and hands...Some EXTRA nice watches here !!!!
Thanks ! New watches on Ocean Time Icon_cheers

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: New watches on Ocean Time   New watches on Ocean Time Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:15 pm

Have to agree with you Tom on the Essex watches....pretty nice. I seem to be attracted to the Technomarine......not too sure about that crown design though?? I'm also lovin' that UTS and the Vostok Europe is rather cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New watches on Ocean Time   New watches on Ocean Time Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:15 pm

I love the look of the Essex Classic 3-hand but $1600??? The prices these new companies are charging are a little much if you ask me. The bracelet kicks ass though!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New watches on Ocean Time   New watches on Ocean Time Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:57 pm

Essex GMT is cool...

Like the RETRO Zixen but their new name BLOWS...

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: New watches on Ocean Time   New watches on Ocean Time Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:21 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Essex GMT is cool...

New watches on Ocean Time 438519 Too bad they were pushed into the change.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New watches on Ocean Time   New watches on Ocean Time Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:24 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Essex GMT is cool...

New watches on Ocean Time 438519 Too bad they were pushed into the change.

Next Nixon will be saying it's too close to their name! LET'S STOP THE MADNESS!!!! New watches on Ocean Time Affraid New watches on Ocean Time Icon_geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New watches on Ocean Time   New watches on Ocean Time Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:18 am

New watches on Ocean Time Richard-Nixon-leaving-white-house
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New watches on Ocean Time   New watches on Ocean Time Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:00 am

Lex's blog is the best!! always great stuff New watches on Ocean Time 933578
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New watches on Ocean Time   New watches on Ocean Time Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:44 am

Northwestguy wrote:
Have to agree with you Tom on the Essex watches....pretty nice. I seem to be attracted to the Technomarine......not too sure about that crown design though?? I'm also lovin' that UTS and the Vostok Europe is rather cool.

You're right John, that Technomarine IS excellent too New watches on Ocean Time 803574 The angles, and edges of that
case are spectacular. Kind of reminds me of the Ploprof a little. I like the simplicity of the
dial also, as well as the futuristic looking hands. That crown is uniquely cool by the way. New watches on Ocean Time Icon_smile
Going to have to say that's one mean Technomarine !

Senior Associate
Chris S.

PostSubject: Re: New watches on Ocean Time   New watches on Ocean Time Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:03 am

Not feeling that Enzo ,Looks like my Demitasse cup
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: New watches on Ocean Time   New watches on Ocean Time Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:53 pm

Thanks for the link....really fun and interesting to see what is coming down the road these days! I noticed the use of ceramics and the trit tube models, past materials used in new ideas. Love the trit tube functionality at nite. Rado ceramics has been around a long time too.

The current trend to bigger -and more expensive - watches is still strong. The only model Chanel shows a conservative 38mm dial model!

Enzo model continues to be big, bold and more of a fashion statement than real world functionality.

GMT and autos are still features apparently in vogue. The deeper depth ratings nonsense continues.

For me, the keynote is the never ending creative variety designers are producing for public consumption. Seiko has joined the larger and upper scale pricing game too, as has Citizen and Casio lines.

But looking at the prices of these newer models, one suspects they are targeting the new wealthy niche demographic market and not the Joe Blow fellow in the street. The trend towards AUTO movements using ETAs continues.

If I had a choice, overall, with funds permitting, I'd buy the Noah Tsunami watch: original concept from a well loved Seiko diver 6309 but updated with newer 6R15 auto movement, lots of options for personal choice (traditonal, diver or military look and great black PVD version), big enough for most wearers of diver watches, high quality materials....and all this for only $750.00usd.

Having recently found a Seiko Adventure model for under $250, titanium, GMT, Perpetual and High End Quartz movement 8F56, one wonders why buy into the $1000 newer models!!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New watches on Ocean Time   New watches on Ocean Time Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:35 pm

the Essex is great, cool bracelet and nice size.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New watches on Ocean Time   New watches on Ocean Time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New watches on Ocean Time
Page 1 of 1