The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So many watches, so little time

Go down 
+4
pacifichrono
Anomaly
Northwestguy
AtomicTom
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

So many watches, so little time Empty
PostSubject: So many watches, so little time   So many watches, so little time Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:45 pm

I'm sure you guys have found yourselves liking alot of watches over the years. However, have you
noticed yourselves liking more, and more watches as time has gone by ? For myself there have really
always been a bunch of different brands, and watches that caught my eye. It's just that besides the
newer watches, it's also older watches that have come into the picture. Along with older brands as
well. How about you ? Have you found yourself liking more watches ? Have you discovered any
watches, or watch brands both NEW, and/or OLD that grabbed your attention that maybe hadn't
before ?

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: So many watches, so little time   So many watches, so little time Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 12:16 am

The next watch is always right around the corner. It is part of the illness I think we all share. New looks, new movements, stepping up a notch in our collections. The re-releases, the older models all make me feverish. However, there comes a point to where you decide that this illness can go on forever............and ever. And it will consume your very soul. I have noticed that my desire for something new or old is decreased when I am away from the forums. When I am active on the various sites the illness weakens me more and then, I "Have to Have." As time goes on, my wants and desires change and thankfully there is plenty out there to fill my needs. My attention to something new or old is always on a "Heightened Alert Mode" but, I have learned to control my impulses so that I don't jump on something so quickly. Man 'O Man Tom, now I have to go out and find me a new/old watch........Thanks a lot! Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: So many watches, so little time   So many watches, so little time Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 12:19 am

I'm pretty content right now, course it could be due to the fact that I have TWO addictions now...

Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: So many watches, so little time   So many watches, so little time Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 1:14 am

Seems I'm always getting turned on to new watches and brands. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: So many watches, so little time   So many watches, so little time Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 2:11 am

I agree with a lot of what John said. If there is no end game in sight you (we all) can get pretty carried away. There are several I like but I won't jump unless it's a deal I can't refuse. That said, I did add several auction watches to my "watch list" today. One never knows what tomorrow will bring.
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: So many watches, so little time   So many watches, so little time Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 2:34 am

I like several watches and brands, but right know im happy with what i have. That is not to say i wont buy anymore. I usually will find a couple watches i like and then decide which one will best fit the bill, then i start to find the best price for that watch. All of this can take a long time which is a good thing, seeing how my taste have changed and all the watches i like start around 2k and go way up from there and that gives me time to save up. every now and then i will see something new and i might have to jump on it, im a sucker for a good deal. Steve
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: So many watches, so little time   So many watches, so little time Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:53 am

Of course you like more as you learn more about the hobby, brands and history.

Learning to appreciate what you have is helping me through...sure there is lots of new stuff I want, but I have watches right here I put on for the first time in a long while and go....Holy crap I forgot how nice this was.....

So many watches, so little time Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: So many watches, so little time   So many watches, so little time Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:14 pm

Wow, you guys have alot of great views on this ! Smile

John, you really put things into perspective sir. So many watches, so little time 46145 That desire you talk about be connected to how
much you are on the forums is very very interesting, and probably true also. By the way, sorry for
setting off the "Heightened Alert Mode" for you again ! cheers

Alan, that having two hobbies to enjoy is genuinely twice the fun ! I have always been like that with both
Star Wars, and watches as well. It's nice because it keeps things interesting, or fresh imho.

Tom, I agree with you as well. Seems like more, and more new brands (often old ones) appeal to me
as well. It's really amazing because it shows just how many different things there are to enjoy with this
hobby !

Mark, you make some really great points as well sir, and the "never knowing what tomorrow will bring"
theme you mention, is a big part of the enjoyment that is for sure. It genuinely makes the hobby even
more exciting.

Steve, I think it's cool to see the point you are at with your collection. It honestly seems to allow you
to genuinely take your time looking around, and just enjoy. Think that's really the most important thing
with all of this.

Gary, definitely have to agree with you as well. There is so much to see, and learn about with the hobby,
all of the brands, and history of it all. However, this also seems to make you appreciate what you already
have also. It's honestly pretty terrific imho.

Thanks very much for all of the feedback everybody ! So many watches, so little time 46145

PostSubject: Re: So many watches, so little time   So many watches, so little time Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 7:01 pm

Absolutely AT, as evidenced with my Megalodon purchase today.
As I've written before, the bulk of my purchases have been Invicta and Renato.

I like what I have, but I'm getting to the point where I want something different.

I was cruising different sites last week just looking for something that would instill the oooh factor again, for me. I mean, how many variations of Subaquas and Trex's do I need?! It's time to liven up the watch boxes.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: So many watches, so little time   So many watches, so little time Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:22 pm

tunaslayr wrote:
Absolutely AT, as evidenced with my Megalodon purchase today.
As I've written before, the bulk of my purchases have been Invicta and Renato.

I like what I have, but I'm getting to the point where I want something different.

I was cruising different sites last week just looking for something that would instill the oooh factor again, for me. I mean, how many variations of Subaquas and Trex's do I need?! It's time to liven up the watch boxes.

Great points Tuna ! Smile Sometimes it's nice to change things up, and learn about different brands. We might
have our favorite brands, but discovering new brands, and watches definitely makes things more interesting,
as well as exhilarating.

Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: So many watches, so little time   So many watches, so little time Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:09 pm

Yes, yes, and yes.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: So many watches, so little time   So many watches, so little time Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 9:33 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
Yes, yes, and yes.

lol! Very cool Poli ! ..Thank you sir !

PostSubject: Re: So many watches, so little time   So many watches, so little time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So many watches, so little time
Page 1 of 1