The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you prefer to wear your watch on?

Go down 
+5
AtomicTom
Northwestguy
Anomaly
Breez
max
9 posters
AuthorMessage

What do you prefer to wear your watch on? Empty
PostSubject: What do you prefer to wear your watch on?   What do you prefer to wear your watch on? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

So, I see comments like "I just can't wear a watch on anything but....."

I've gone out of my way to find the right bracelet for many watches. However, I've got a couple on leather that makes the watch Sing What do you prefer to wear your watch on? Icon_cheers Now, lets hear about how you decide about your watches and their bracelet/strap.
Back to top Go down
max
Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to wear your watch on?   What do you prefer to wear your watch on? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 2:52 pm

Bracelet man all the way here. Out of 29 watches, only 3 are on straps and those are rubber or Kevlar.

I do have a few new leather Hirsch straps in my watch box but I doubt Ill ever use them. Never say
never though. A nice dress watch probably should be on leather but since I wore suits every day when I worked I rarely get dressed up anymore and dont even own a strictly dress watch.
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to wear your watch on?   What do you prefer to wear your watch on? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 3:17 pm

I prefer the look and feel of bracelets. And a little loose with some play in them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to wear your watch on?   What do you prefer to wear your watch on? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 3:49 pm

Some stay on leather, rubber or steel; some go croc in winter and spring, then change to steel in summer and fall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to wear your watch on?   What do you prefer to wear your watch on? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 5:42 pm

I have a couple on leather and a couple on rubber. Never wear them getting ready to sell them.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to wear your watch on?   What do you prefer to wear your watch on? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:03 pm

The only watch I have NOT on a bracelet is my Panerai, haven't seen a bracelet that I thought would go with it either...

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to wear your watch on?   What do you prefer to wear your watch on? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:06 pm

I used to use leather only on dress and tended to use only SS bracelets on sport but now I switch them up depending on where my mood is and where I'm going.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to wear your watch on?   What do you prefer to wear your watch on? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:56 pm

I guess I'm easy ! Bracelets are AWESOME and often seem to
complete the overall look of a watch imho. However, straps,
both leather, and rubber are nice, and comfortable too. Either
way is fine with me ! What do you prefer to wear your watch on? Icon_smile

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to wear your watch on?   What do you prefer to wear your watch on? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:31 pm

. . . I favour a GOOD quality bracelet. Although there are some watches IMO that belong on a nice leather strap. My Zeno for example, I can't picture it on anything other than the original leather with the white contrast stitching.

. . . I am ordering a leather factory Citizen strap with a deployant for my minute repeater shortly . . . the stock bracelet is right at that spot where it is too loose or too tight. Along those lines, I do prefer a signed buckle or deployant if available . . . . picky,picky . . . What do you prefer to wear your watch on? Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to wear your watch on?   What do you prefer to wear your watch on? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:25 pm

I'm easy. Can appreciate just about all types of bracelets/straps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to wear your watch on?   What do you prefer to wear your watch on? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:41 pm

Depends.Mainly bracelets.But for some a good rubber strap with a large sinn deployant.rarely do leather.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to wear your watch on?   What do you prefer to wear your watch on? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:59 pm

Always depends - the strap or bracelet can make (or break) the the look of a watch.
Sometimes bracelets attract too much attention so I tend to tone them down with leather or gator.

Almost any material will do as long as it's complementary.
Not to mention the joy of finding the perfect match and the ability to swap.

Then there's the strap purchase pacifier - for when you really shouldn't be buying another "whole" watch
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to wear your watch on?   What do you prefer to wear your watch on? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:21 pm

merichar wrote:
I'm easy. Can appreciate just about all types of bracelets/straps.

+1

What do you prefer to wear your watch on? Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to wear your watch on?   What do you prefer to wear your watch on? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:56 pm

About 95% bracelet. I won't buy a watch without one. I have been dabbling with natos here and there. Never wear rubber or leather.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to wear your watch on?   What do you prefer to wear your watch on? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:17 am

mostly bracelet, leather and rubber straps are fine but don't prefer them
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to wear your watch on?   What do you prefer to wear your watch on? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Depends on my mood, what I'm wearing, outside temperature, and activity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to wear your watch on?   What do you prefer to wear your watch on? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you prefer to wear your watch on?
Page 1 of 1